Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Agnarr - Progression Server to PoP

zazzzazz Member UncommonPosts: 408
Just a reminder or if you didn't know EQ1 Agnarr will be up on the 24th of May I believe.

Last progression server I did was excellent, looking forward to this one.

Will be lot of people on there from what I can see.

Will keep me going till I can hussle my way into early Patheon build.

Can use the time to attune those old skills you had ready for PRoF and if you completely lost it after the last ten yrs+ of theme park MMos you can just play a Ranger.

P.s If any previously or even current Guild leaders assembling for this send me a PM. Looking forward to Raiding/Grping.

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    I know many Pantheon fans kicking it in P1999 as well. Need a Bard, send a tell to Nanfoodles =-)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Nanfoodle said:
    I know many Pantheon fans kicking it in P1999 as well. Need a Bard, send a tell to Nanfoodles =-)
    You don't happen to play a character of the same name on the DAOC freeshard do you?

Guy in our alliance with same name.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited May 2017
    Correction, it goes up to LDON. I wonder how much that c hanges the dynamics in favor of LDON over POP? I can't remember how mcuh it mudflated. Are POP raids still worth doing after LDON? I know LDON has raids.

It also includes Legacy of Ykesha. I personally don't care for either, although Legacy of Ykesha added the Frogloks. LDON is the instanced expansion. In many ways it was the start of instances in EQ. Next were monster missions and ultimatley, things like OMM and Boomerangs. The OMM's were the worst. Understandly made for leveling players, they're also completely antithetical to the rest of the game, being you never have to leave POK and you don't even play yourself.

While most players in the modern market prefer instances, I don't. I thinik it breaks the community. I wish the industry had evolved in a different direction to address the problems with non-instnaced content. Like other issues,  I think the wya hte industry solved htem could have alternatives worht exploring by new MMO's.

Not to rush to judgment, I actually like they're doing this. I called for a classic server back in 2008 and after in that famous classic thread. Project 1999 ended up doing exactly what I and others wnated to see. Later, I also supported creating a POP server, since I felt POP was the last great expansion. I don't blame them for going up to LDON, tehy're just trying to appeal to modern players by adding the instances.
    Post edited by Hawkaya399 on
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Kyleran said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    You don't happen to play a character of the same name on the DAOC freeshard do you?

Guy in our alliance with same name.
    Nope I do not.
  • GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262
    I really wish it would go as far as OoW instead. It was one of my favorite expansions and the 2.0 epics were nice. PoP is one of my least favorite. :(
    Thebeasttt
  • zazzzazz Member UncommonPosts: 408
    edited May 2017

This is PoP locked server , It includes Pop and nothing after.

Q: How Is This Server Different From Other Progression Servers?

Agnarr is our fifth version of a Progression Server, and we’re calling this a “POP Locked/True Box Progression Server.”

Q: What’s a PoP-Locked Server?

This is a server where expansion content stops unlocking after “Planes of Power” era content.

• NimrylNimryl Member UncommonPosts: 19
    PoP/LDoN-locked? Good call on the dev side. Now we just need "No Krono" servers.
    I'll be playing on Agnarr until Pantheon Alpha.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Image result for puke gif
    my thoughts on db's EQ
    NimrylThebeastttJustsomenoob

Dullahan said:
    *puke image*
    my thoughts on db's EQ
    LoL! It's not that bad. It's not "unplayable". You can have some fun with it but you know it's not a permanent thing.

You worry me you know.. you're very EQ traditional.. verging on the edge of "too traditional"; meaning I'm worried you might have a hard time with Pantheon.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Torval said:
    I hate these seasonal servers. It goes contrary to the persistent nature of mmos and splits communities. It's the worst thing that happened to EQ2 to wreck the already aging and fragile population. Not only that, they're a gimmick because the engine has changed and the experience isn't the same.

Why not just play p99. I get that the client is janky (at least I have problems with it), but if you want a classic experience why not just play that.
    Nothing seems to be rejuvenating the regular live servers, even with new expansion releases, so this is by far the best results DB has been able to get by doing the TLP servers.  The live servers need incentives for higher levels to re-roll again and create the kind of activity and grouping availability that would draw in new and returning players.

edited May 2017
    Torval said:
    Why not just play p99. I get that the client is janky (at least I have problems with it), but if you want a classic experience why not just play that.
    Because Pantheon's coming out. It's too late for me to get invested in p99. Anyway.. the pop is low for me due to my time zone mainly. (UK time.) -- I usually end up soloing starting a main on p99 because everyone's already level'd... and the progression servers are cheerful and populated that's why.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Nimryl said:
    Dullahan said:
    *puke image*
    my thoughts on db's EQ
    LoL! It's not that bad. It's not "unplayable". You can have some fun with it but you know it's not a permanent thing.

You worry me you know.. you're very EQ traditional.. verging on the edge of "too traditional"; meaning I'm worried you might have a hard time with Pantheon.
    I don't think it's too much to ask that they create multiple servers and retain the open world, free of instances, with contested content, and without the training wheels and accessibility.

Those are the things that bother me, and if you like those things, it may very well be you that has a hard time with Pantheon. :smirk:

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Finding an MMO right now is probably a lot like prison sex.

The options you want, you can't have. The options you have, you don't want.
    DullahanScott23dcutbi001
  • Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited May 2017
    zazz said:

This is PoP locked server , It includes Pop and nothing after.

Q: How Is This Server Different From Other Progression Servers?

Agnarr is our fifth version of a Progression Server, and we’re calling this a “POP Locked/True Box Progression Server.”

Q: What’s a PoP-Locked Server?

This is a server where expansion content stops unlocking after “Planes of Power” era content.

It includes Legacy of Ykesha and LDON--they're considered "Planes of Power" era content:
    https://www.everquest.com/news/agnarr-progression-server-faq-may-2017

On the unlock schedule for this server, the following expansions will become available: The Ruins of Kunark, The Scars of Velious, The Shadows of Luclin, The Planes of Power, The Legacy of Ykesha, Lost Dungeons of Norrath.

After all of these expansions have unlocked, expansion content will NOT continue to unlock on the Agnarr server.
    Release dates:
    The Plantes of Power - 2002 October 29
    The Legacy of Ykesha 2003 February 25
    Lost Dungeons of Norrath 2003 September 9
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Having fun on my 19 chanter so far. It's no classic EQ but it's a port in a storm. Just make sure you dip out before PoP, when the game starts to suck.
  • Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335

Had an awesome weekend on Agnarr with the wife.

It will most likely be our home for some time to come.  

Hawkaya399dcutbi001

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    I played on all of the TLP servers so far, and this one is absolutely amazing. The population is huge and a ton of people who came back just for this server that haven't played in years.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Are people still on Agnarr now that HH Seb is out on live servers?
    It was very active last night.

Benjamin Franklin

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    edited July 2017
    Dullahan said:
    Nimryl said:
    Dullahan said:
    *puke image*
    my thoughts on db's EQ

I don't think it's too much to ask that they create multiple servers and retain the open world, free of instances, with contested content, and without the training wheels and accessibility.

Those are the things that bother me, and if you like those things, it may very well be you that has a hard time with Pantheon. :smirk:
    A lot of what you ask TBH is hard for the modern environment .
    As it is this game has taken some real old style things which will hurt it if it plans to be anything but  very niche.
    Lack of locked encounter for one
    Contested mobs will mean only hardcores can get it and that will play badly
    No instances also a problem.EQ now has instances and yet fully camped 24/7 for anything worth its salt.

I hope Pantheon has a healthy mix of open-world dungeons and instanced content.

Each could have unique and desirable rewards that would encourage players to use both.

One of the things that pulls players into instances is faster XP for the race to max level. If XP is faster in instances, most players will pass on open world dungeons, even if they have better loot, in the race to the top. Only after max level with reached will these players return to the open world dungeons they skipped, and then only for farming content they most likely significantly out level.

Solutions need to be developed that allow for instances without creating this kind of issue. Solutions that encourage level appropriate groups to split their time between open world content and instances while discouraging perma-camping of open world content by characters for whom the content is trivial.  

Benjamin Franklin