Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launching September 6th for Consoles, October 24th on PC - Destiny 2 - MMORPG.com

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

imageLaunching September 6th for Consoles, October 24th on PC - Destiny 2 - MMORPG.com

Destiny 2 News - It's official. The PC version of Destiny 2 will be shipping on October 24th, 2017, roughly 6 weeks after it arrives on PS4 and XB1 on September 6th. Beta for the PS4 and XB1 begins on July 21st, with a PC beta beginning in August. Pre-orders are now live for the Battle.net PC version as well.

Read the full story here

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 96
    edited June 2017
    Sooner than I thought it would....but it changes nothing.

PC will still be nothing but modders and hackers due to not having dedicated servers.

Combine that fact with the fact that PS4 gets exclusive dungeons, ships, armor, weapons and BG's....as much as I love PC, PS4 is the way to go for this one.
    PsYcHoGBRGdemami
  • TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Regardless of what is available on console, I will be getting this on PC. I wanted to play Destiny when it was first released, and never have. The sole reason is it wasn't a PC game.
    BillMurphyMrMelGibsonMange1bartoni33onelesslight
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Yea - placing my hopes on Anthem - seen nothing new or great other than "coming to PC (without some content)"

Nepheth
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    The controller was what turned me off in the first place. I'm definitely getting it on PC.
    MrMelGibsonbartoni33
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    PC players demand title release date equality! Treat the pc master race better devs!
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited June 2017

Albatroes said:

PC players demand title release date equality! Treat the pc master race better devs!

I'd rather they take the extra time to port it right. After all, 6 weeks really isn't that long.
    wingoodbartoni33Octagon7711DragnelusGdemami
  • Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    pc gonna be great for pve

gonna completely suck for pvp

so i'll prolly get the ps4 version as well *sigh*

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited June 2017

PC will still be nothing but modders and hackers due to not having dedicated servers.

Combine that fact with the fact that PS4 gets exclusive dungeons, ships, armor, weapons and BG's....as much as I love PC, PS4 is the way to go for this one.
    Isnt it timed exclusive?

MrMelGibson

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Phixion13 said:

Yea - placing my hopes on Anthem - seen nothing new or great other than "coming to PC (without some content)"

Yeah you go ahead and put your hopes on a game we've seen a couple minutes of gameplay of, that releases a year later ;)
    NephethBananaSoup

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Well that's a bit disappointing. Was hoping for a smaller window and not a month and a half :(
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180

Dungeon, weapon, ship, pvp map.
    All in singular!
    edited June 2017
    PC version will have one huuge exclusive feature too. 60 Fps in full HD haha
    DeadSpock
    If its multi platform with PC. I will always pick pc. Best played with a controller I use the ds4 on pc. I will only buy exclusives on consoles.
    Octagon7711MrMelGibson

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    I don't understand the point to delaying the pc release over a month. There is literally no point to it at all. Its not going to get people to buy it on consoles and have a subpar experence insted of waiting for the pc version so... why? I also hope the servers are cross-compatable. At least pc and psn, no one cares about xbone anymore.
    MrMelGibsonGdemami

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Dragnelus said:

Isnt it timed exclusive?

https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/16/the-playstation-exclusive-content-for-destiny-2-will-hit-xbox-one-and-pc-later-next-year/

Thought so!