Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All TSW Players in Good Standing Can Join Beta TODAY! - Secret World Legends - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

bhug said:

found the secret world (SW) patcher on hd, selected 'minimal' patch; 8.26GB @ 300KB/s (on a 37MB/s connection) so it will be a few hours befor i even see how large this beta update is.
    Or does one have to d/l a new/different patcher-client for the "SW Legends" beta? and have to create a new funcom account/name?

The SW client on hd was already over 32GB.

SWL while it re-uses a lot of the TSW code base and assets is a completely differrent game client, you can't patch a TSW install to SWL. If you get an invite to CBT you will be given a link and a code to set up an account & once this goes through will be sent a link to download the SWL beta installer.
  • dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

As a life-time subscriber that hasn't been playing as of late or visiting the site, I'm a fair bit annoyed that I didn't get an email regarding the SWL beta so I could log in during the magical time of counting. Being so valued by them suggests I should value them likewise.

As a lifetime subscriber to TSW you will get perma Patron (pseudo-sub that removes a bunch of F2P inconveniences) in SWL, regarded of how active or otherwise you have been in the old game lately.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
  • m1tchkm1tchk Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited August 2017
    Edit : Avoid this title, typical f2p p2w junk. /uninstall
    Post edited by m1tchk on
    MrMelGibson
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    I didn't care for the base tsw game much myself, I don't think the "new" version is going to be much better. From what I gather from my breif look into is they bascally took tsw and dumbed it down world of warcraft style for morons.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Siveria said:
    I didn't care for the base tsw game much myself, I don't think the "new" version is going to be much better. From what I gather from my breif look into is they bascally took tsw and dumbed it down world of warcraft style for morons.
    Exactly
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    Siveria said:
    What I hear is that they took the MMO out of it and turned it into more of a coop style experience. Took the MMO out of it. You have lobby areas where you can group up, then go into instanced areas for you and your group.