Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO's on the console!

xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
Kinda strange.  I am finding I am playing my MMO's and MOBA's more on my PS4 than my actual PC.  With the release of Marvel Heroes Omega on the PS4 as well as my Elder Scrolls.  I am playing less on a PC now.  Only play my old school PC games like Masters of Orion 1,2 Warcraft III ect.  Every once in a while I log into my LOTRO account.  I think things are changing in the gaming industry big time.
MMO's or MOBA's on a console system?
  1. Do you play MMO's or MOBA's on a console system?26 votes
    1. Yes
      38.46%
    2. No
      11.54%
    3. Only play on a PC
      50.00%
    4. Only play on a console system
        0.00%
    5. Bah, forget them both! I play on my tablet and/or smartphone!
        0.00%

Comments

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Isn't "No" and "Only on PC" the same thing?

Regardless, no, I don't play MMOs or MOBAs on my console, hell, these days I don't play either on my PC either. 
  • PhynnPhynn Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Problem isn't where one plays mmos. The problem is that mmos are not getting released at the break neck pace they once were. And the few we are getting seem to either take forever to develop or release unfinished and or still in beta. Personally I prefer to play on pc as the console mmo market is very limited atm. 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Consoles end up holding MMOs back in the long run tbh. Mobas not so much or any arena style games for that matter since they have set pieces and nothing is really persistent in terms of an open world so nothing to worry about in terms of technical limitations in the long term.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I feel that MMOs are made for PCs and therefor works best in that media. If someone made a MMO particularly for the consoles using the consoles advantages it would be one thing (heck a Soul calibur MMO with combos and such would be awesome) but now they are more or less just ports.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I prefer the PC but I don't care what I play on.

A good game = A good game
    xpowderxMoxom914

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    laserit said:
    I prefer the PC but I don't care what I play on.

A good game = A good game
    Marvel Heroes Omega is very good IMO.  Loving it so far!
    Moxom914laserit
  • learislearis Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I voted yes even though I only own a pc. If the game ever allows to use a game controller, I take that option (And I view that as playing on a console). I have done so with Maplestory and Tree of Savior. 

Games where targeting is more freeform than strict clicking is much more doable with consoles. 
  • HellsprodigyHellsprodigy Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Things are changing which is always a good thing for us because alot of people can't afford a pc, So console is the perfect option and with more mmos if they make it cross platform like ffxiv just makes more players. I play ffxiv on my pc and my ps4 and love it on both
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    If they were to make good keyboard and mouse support for consoles I'd likely switch, until then, PC.
  • HushBlushHushBlush Member UncommonPosts: 37
    playing mmos and mobas on my phone... its handy, can play anywhere lol..

Let's Play Ragnarok Journey
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Marvel Heroes, FFXIV and ESO. Started on PC then moved to PS4 on all three. As for Mobas, i only play Paragon sometimes on PS4. When i stop using the mouse my right hand stops hurting so i just dont buy PC games anymore unless they can be played entirely with a controller. The natural resting position of the hand while holding a controller makes it easier for me to play without problems.

If only more mmo companies learned from Square Enix and negotiate their mmo service to be cross server across multiple platforms. Population health is too important for an mmo to stay alive so they shouldn't be isolated.

• holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170
    GTA online is more popular than most mmo's, it's basically B2P with microtransactions. Red Dead Redemption 2 could very well end up much more like an MMO as R* has really bought into that design now, I see them encroaching on that territoty more and more. Once GTA VI comes out in like a few years, fughedaboudut, probably a full blown MMO. Like it or not, console is the future of this genre, and Ive been saying that since GTA:O and Destiny first came out. Console developers still have big budgets to work with and will make full use of online capabilities more and more. Nobody is going to make a AAA MMO for PC these days. Sony and Microsoft has every reason to push this type of development. You sell the box, expansions, cash shop, and still get those sub dollars for PS+ and Xbox Live. It's an easy decision.