Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox - without keyboard and mouse support who cares

Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
unless they release keyboard and mouse support soon, Xbox is dead in the water, cross play and competitive gaming demands keyboard and mouse, Xbox better get it done or they will watch their new console fail
Tillerbartoni33

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    It runs windows 10, surprised they haven't released a touch screen for it. /s
    Righteous_RockQuizzicalcameltosisReizla
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2017
    They can add m/kb support if they want. I used to buy my shooters on console so i didn't have to use the mouse on PC and still be competitive among other gamepad users. Now that PS4 has PC peripheral support i'm saving a lot of money by not buying pvp shooters anymore. If i wanted mouse users ruining my experience i'd play them on PC. I'm sure MS will patch them in by launch.

Just sharing my thoughts.

EDIT: consoles need to have a matchmaking filter. 1) play with everyone, 2) only gamepad users on a match, and 3) only m/kb users on a match. I'd buy them(pvp shooters) again only if this happens. I choose who i want to play with.
    MrMelGibson

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    They do use headphones and mic's.  They could always make private channels for that.  Like vent for a Xbox.  Then keyboard and mic would not be necessary unless you are trading.  I only use a keyboard on my ps4 for Elder Scrolls when LFG or selling/buying.  Other than that do not see a need for it.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    unless they release keyboard and mouse support soon, Xbox is dead in the water, cross play and competitive gaming demands keyboard and mouse, Xbox better get it done or they will watch their new console fail
    You can plug in a USB keyboard and use it for chat, but not gameplay.  I use my wireless keyboard in DCUO all the time.

If you have checked the sales, you would see that your 'dead in the water' system is right up there in sales with PS4 except for the first couple of months when PSVR came out.  I see a reversal of this when Xbox X (God, I hate that name) comes out with MSVR.
    maskedweasel

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    GladDog said:
    You can plug in a USB keyboard and use it for chat, but not gameplay.  I use my wireless keyboard in DCUO all the time.

If you have checked the sales, you would see that your 'dead in the water' system is right up there in sales with PS4 except for the first couple of months when PSVR came out.  I see a reversal of this when Xbox X (God, I hate that name) comes out with MSVR.
    right up there in sales with the ps4? do some research. ps4 has outsold xbone almost 2-1. 
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Now that PS4 has PC peripheral support i'm saving a lot of money by not buying pvp shooters anymore. If i wanted mouse users ruining my experience i'd play them on PC..
    I hear you. Have seen some ppl in Overwatch (PS4) killcam jumping, aiming, rotating and shooting me. Kinda impossible with gamepad and I refuse to attach keyboard & mouse - might as well play PC (which I just quite gaming on for health issues)
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited June 2017
    Moxom914 said:
    GladDog said:

right up there in sales with the ps4? do some research. ps4 has outsold xbone almost 2-1. 
    Total sales; MS shot themselves in the foot repeatedly early on in the battle, helping PS4 get a big lead.  But per month Xbox One caught up towards the end of last year, and they were actually outselling the PS4 until Sony released the PSVR.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/10/14/13283118/xbox-one-ps4-npd-sales-figures-july-august-september-2016

maskedweasel

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    GladDog said:
    Moxom914 said:
    GladDog said:

Total sales; MS shot themselves in the foot repeatedly early on in the battle, helping PS4 get a big lead.  But per month Xbox One caught up towards the end of last year, and they were actually outselling the PS4 until Sony released the PSVR.
    not that how much money a company makes or spends is important for gaming enjoyment, I do wonder on your observation how much money MS had to spend on Marketing to get those sales higher

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    They better have something during this conference about keyboard and mouse support for gaming, they have been saying it's coming since the now outdated console launched, it's time to put up or shut up. If the console can not compete with PS4 visuals, can not compete with pc peripherals, can not compete with pc versions of the games mods/customization , then why bother with the Xbox let alone the Xbox one x. $500 for a fully restricted system without a great library of games.
    oh for the love of christ I think my cell phone has keyboard support.

what is this about? a USB slot? whatever...

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    SEANMCAD said:

No, it's about adding code to just about every game to handle the KYB/M and match them up with game functions.  This is not about the hardware.  Games are made on PCs(either Unix or Wndows), so at one time they had code to handle KYB/M.  But that code get stripped from the build when they release to the consoles.  Why have extra code for hardware that isn't present?  Because some one will plug it in and want to use it?

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

Konfess said:
    SEANMCAD said:

No, it's about adding code to just about every game to handle the KYB/M and match them up with game functions.  This is not about the hardware.  Games are made on PCs(either Unix or Wndows), so at one time they had code to handle KYB/M.  But that code get stripped from the build when they release to the consoles.  Why have extra code for hardware that isn't present?  Because some one will plug it in and want to use it?
    NFG....

just play PC games for christ sake people!