Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The truth that BPG/Rise of Agon doesn't want you to hear

GuidoFawkesGuidoFawkes Member CommonPosts: 7
We've been looking into this game for a while now and have seen some things which make us concerned about how these developers are behaving towards their community.

This is no troll piece and our research is backed up with direct quotes from the developers and the community.

We're putting the finishing touches to our new website - stay tuned to find out more information at www.bpgleaks.com 
Gdemami

Comments

• GuidoFawkesGuidoFawkes Member CommonPosts: 7
    And we're live.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Honestly I don't think enough people care.  Even if everything is true...
    SpottyGekkoAzaron_Nightblade

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Lowest common denominator. Looks like someone is just angry and lashing out. Perhaps you should just go enjoy what little you have with your precious DND and stop trying to sabotage ROA. Pretty scummy to say the least.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Full disclosure OP? You work for New Dawn?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    hmm so whats going on with Dark Fall now lol?
  • KingLlamaKingLlama Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Lol what a sad troll.

Pirate MMO Tattered Sails http://tatteredsailsgame.com/

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Renoaku said:
    hmm so whats going on with Dark Fall now lol?
    From what I understand Aventurine licensed the original Darkfall to two companies. One being the one in question by OP and the other the company OP appears to represent.  
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Lowest common denominator. Looks like someone is just angry and lashing out. Perhaps you should just go enjoy what little you have with your precious DND and stop trying to sabotage ROA. Pretty scummy to say the least.
    To be honest, forumfall, regardless of the DF iteration has always been 70% of the PvP, and when its not, its because of it.
    bcbully
    karmath said:
    To be honest, forumfall, regardless of the DF iteration has always been 70% of the PvP, and when its not, its because of it.
    There is much truth to this

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

@bcbully Full disclosure: We're not linked to New Dawn but we do play there now. We left RoA after how they handled the duping scandal and the constant server crashes. And they banned one of us from thier forums so we looked into them in more detail and this is what we found.

If anyone has any more information about BPG we'd love to hear it. You can just message us here.
    bcbully
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    karmath said:
    Haha. I never could stand forumfall. This is a bit different than the usual forumfall though IMO, this is an individual blatantly slandering a company. I mean, just look at the messages he posted under "leaks". They're all public information.
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    I'm not sure of everyone else but I'm far from convinced or even concerned about someone buying a .com just to spread something that's over a year old, resolved even. You wasted your money on hosting time and domain registration. 

What's with the latest bash a few guys that are volunteering to host and develop a Darkfall iteration anyway? A little lag, people are mad (holy shit this happens to every game in existence.), A security loophole was found, exposed, and then corrected (No body cared then, no body cares now.)

Sorry you're butt hurt about a video game. Not sorry you're butt hurt because you expect 5 star treatment and performance out of a company made of volunteers. Take what you got, if you don't like it, don't pay for it.
    ChildoftheShadows
    We're just highlighting some of the facts. We understand that there's hardcore of fans like @SomethingUnusual who are happy to pay come what may. 
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    I'm far from a hardcore fan. But keep going you're doing wonderfully at looking like a fool. 
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I am to afraid to click the link... can someone sum it up?
    Sure @Filterheadz

It's a website that details some things that BPG tried to cover up, and has some community feedback about the game itself.

We're working on two more sections to go live next weekend.
  • DovregubbenDovregubben Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited June 2017
    Lol @ this thread. In all fairness though, BpG is a bunch of clueless amateur.
    Post edited by Dovregubben on
    GuidoFawkes
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited June 2017
    Sure @Filterheadz

It's a website that details some things that BPG tried to cover up, and has some community feedback about the game itself.

We're working???

You mean it took more than one person to come up with that "masterpiece"?

• MoriteMorite Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Kinda their own fault for deleting all those threads..
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    So is this, we lost our pixels so we are going to bash this dev and move to new dawn until same happens there and repeat what we are doing now type of thread?
    Sure @Filterheadz

We're working???

Yeah none of us are much good at webdesign but were good at researching shit.
    karmath said:
    Haha. I never could stand forumfall. This is a bit different than the usual forumfall though IMO, this is an individual blatantly slandering a company. I mean, just look at the messages he posted under "leaks". They're all public information.
    You guys really need to learn that slander is spoken and libel is written.  Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

And to be libel it would have to be untrue... is it?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    edited June 2017
    Sure @Filterheadz

We're working???

Yeah none of us are much good at webdesign but were good at researching shit.
    Here's the thing, you aren't really doing any "good" here as first of all, as others have pointed out, you make it look like you work for "the other company".

You don't and that's great. But now you make it look like you are disgruntled players out to get revenge.

My advice? just don't. Or if you want to be taken more seriously, talk about both games, good and bad.

If video games are ever going to be seen as more than just toys for children or no-life basement dwellers they really are going to have to have more even keeled, fair/impartial proponents who can talk about them critically and intelligently.

Instead it seems they attract (what I'm going to hope is a small but vocal group of ...) paranoid, disgruntled, immature, angry, petty people who negatively react to everything they see as a slight and then go out on the attack in order to get their revenge under the guise of "we're just being honest".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    edited June 2017
    It is a shame that everyone was so willing to overlook the failings and coverup of BPG, but few people really care as Slapshot pointed out. I posted about this the day it happened here and I don't think it went past a page.

Won't matter in the end though. New Dawn has been the driving force behind improving Darkfall and fully realizing it's potential from the start. A brief look at the patch history shows that, despite Rise of Agon rushing to both alpha and launch first, their biggest improvements were borrowed from New Dawn. That and BPG will not give up the things about Darkfall that alienated normal players and catered to a tiny subset of hardcore PvPers. Fixing those things are what will eventually make New Dawn a real sandbox game, a successful iteration of Darkfall, and will create a mass exodus from Rise of Agon.

• PapasmervPapasmerv Member UncommonPosts: 63
    edited June 2017
    In any PvP Centric game competition is fierce.  Now you go and take a PvP Centric game with the history that Darkfall has and have two distinct licensees "rebooting" the game.  It's polarizing from the get-go without any developer shenanigans.  What I've read on that site is 95% collected Reddit and Forum posts with some glue commentary.  Someone out there wants to make sure the community has access to the history of an apparent debacle in the making.  Given how many times as players we've been taken advantage of by less than innocent developers, I say Kudos to the players who are documenting the history of how Big Picture Games is treating it's customer base.
    Dullahan
    What every dev/pub should stand behind: "We're committed to creating a fair playing field for all players. You cannot gain gameplay advantage by spending real money in [INSERT GAME NAME]."
This discussion has been closed.