Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An unlikely gem!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    well it came out last year so probably does not matter ;)
    not sure how it having come out last year is relevant to it not mattering but it does give you make a point to your advantage

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited June 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    not sure how it having come out last year is relevant to it not mattering but it does give you make a point to your advantage
    Not sure how this thread is relevant to you at all.
    https://www.trueachievements.com/n28209/shadow-tactics-blades-of-the-shogun-screens-and-release-date-announced

May 27th this year? xbox? oh really? i wonder how many more articles I can find about this game. I keep the internet close

7 ARTICLES on the search all written in the past 15 days

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Even if a marketing company did work behind the scenes which eventually led to this thread here does it matter?

It's what marketing is about, and poster's whose opinion I value and trust are telling me they enjoy it.

Working as intended?
    MrMelGibsonHatefull

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited June 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    https://www.trueachievements.com/n28209/shadow-tactics-blades-of-the-shogun-screens-and-release-date-announced

May 27th this year? xbox? oh really? i wonder how many more articles I can find about this game. I keep the internet close
    He bought it on Steam he said. The PC version came out last year ;)
     your information you just gave + the fact that there is 7 articles written about it in the past 15 days + your unusually high intrest in this subject matter tells me that maybe he should be expecting a check if he hasnt gotten one already insteading of having read an article about it.

Thanks for the info!

Who buys a game 12 months ago and just by chance decides to post about it being a hidden gem  (12 months later) during the same time there is an unusually high number of articles written about the game?
    HatefullSpottyGekkoMrMelGibson

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited June 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

your information you just gave + the fact that there is 7 articles written about it in the past 15 days + your unusually high intrest in this subject matter tells me that maybe he should be expecting a check if he hasnt gotten one already insteading of having read an article about it.

Thanks for the info!

Sometimes poor behavior is simply bad execution of good intent.
    I find it odd that he
    bought the game a year ago
    only just now decided to post about it being a 'hidden gem'
    during the same time there is a higher than average number of articles written about it just in the past 2 weeks,.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited June 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Thanks for the info!

I find it odd that he
    during the same time there is a higher than average number of articles written about it just in the past 2 weeks,.

Sometimes the reader will decide something else than the author's intent; this is certainly true of attempts to empirically decipher reality.

and sometimes it doesnt change the point either which can often be frustrating to others.

In both cases, the one you illustrated as well as the one I did basically still doesnt make my observation implausible.

However, despite your fun back and forth on who said what and not able to change my theory he did say this in the first line

'A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a game I never heard of.
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/464832/an-unlikely-gem#V0mrrcwhw0dEQ5ap.99'

which I am sure you already knew

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    edited June 2017
    Keep trolling threads Sean. You'll hit 14k soon!

I'd really like to see some real stealth tactics in an mmo. Tenchu was possibly my favorite console game of all time. Well perhaps second to the original Phantasy Star.
    MrMelGibsonHatefull

You stay sassy!

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Marketed Boosted.

That is what I call an 'unlikely' game or product that has been magically getting a lot of attention from many new media outlets....hmmmmm dont say?
    I don't really understand what you're trying to say here.  Can you elaborate?
    I have a family member who tried to be an author and as a result he got to know a little bit about the book publishing business back in the 90s.
    He told me this:
    'Big house publishers like to go out and find a few 'unknown authors' and promote them as if they are a golden find'. It doesnt mean they are the best, just good enough to bolster the impression that said publisher is spending a lot of time out in the community finding the best of the best! when it reality its fairly random.

I think StarDew Valley, No Mans Sky and Long Way Home fit that general feel as well as this game which  has a large number of articles already written about them

also...the art style has a subtle hint to me that its coming from a big publisher, that could be me projecting but something about the style of the UI makes me think AAA
    Lol ok.  Still waiting for my check in the mail.
    and it doesnt have to be you personally getting a check. You could just be following the all the news stories which I highly likely that is the case.

Let me take a WILD guess and let me know if I get it right.
    You did not happen on this game by scrolling around Steam list of games not knowing it existed but rather you read an article about it.
    does that sound about right?
    Actually, the game pop upped on my steam home page as a "Recommended Game for you" section.  I check that section out from time to time especially if I'm looking for something new to play.  I did read an article and watched a video after finding it to see what it was all about.  

I'm confounded by what point you are trying to get across here.  Even if say I came along the game from a gaming site article.  Why would that matter lol?
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Marketed Boosted.

That is what I call an 'unlikely' game or product that has been magically getting a lot of attention from many new media outlets....hmmmmm dont say?
    I have a family member who tried to be an author and as a result he got to know a little bit about the book publishing business back in the 90s.
    He told me this:
    'Big house publishers like to go out and find a few 'unknown authors' and promote them as if they are a golden find'. It doesnt mean they are the best, just good enough to bolster the impression that said publisher is spending a lot of time out in the community finding the best of the best! when it reality its fairly random.

I think StarDew Valley, No Mans Sky and Long Way Home fit that general feel as well as this game which  has a large number of articles already written about them

also...the art style has a subtle hint to me that its coming from a big publisher, that could be me projecting but something about the style of the UI makes me think AAA
    and it doesnt have to be you personally getting a check. You could just be following the all the news stories which I highly likely that is the case.

You did not happen on this game by scrolling around Steam list of games not knowing it existed but rather you read an article about it.
    Actually, the game pop upped on my steam home page as a "Recommended Game for you" section.  I check that section out from time to time especially if I'm looking for something new to play.  I did read an article and watched a video after finding it to see what it was all about.  

I'm confounded by what point you are trying to get across here.  Even if say I came along the game from a gaming site article.  Why would that matter lol?
    which naturally is the only answer one can give to counter what I said.
    ok well I guess we will just have to take it on faith. anyway, I guess that is that,.

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Marketed Boosted.

He told me this:

ok well I guess we will just have to take it on faith. anyway, I guess that is that,.
    What possible reason would I lie for?  There would be no benefit to it.  I told you the truth.  I still don't understand what point you are trying to prove lol.
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Thanks for the info!

I find it odd that he

I bought the game about 2 weeks ago.  No idea where you're getting that I bought it a year ago?
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Marketed Boosted.

He told me this:

What possible reason would I lie for?  There would be no benefit to it.  I told you the truth.  I still don't understand what point you are trying to prove lol.
    this is a gamer internet forum it happens all the time for no other reason then to win an argument.
    but I think it would be unfair for me to think that is the case so i guess the matter is dropped.

I know this specific thread of marketing stradegy theory is one that many would find nearly impossible to believe and without me having strong evidence i cant really support it so I gotta drop it. 

SEANMCAD said: 
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Marketed Boosted.

He told me this:

this is a gamer internet forum it happens all the time for no other reason then to win an argument.
    but I think it would be unfair for me to think that is the case so i guess the matter is dropped.

I know this specific thread of marketing stradegy theory is one that many would find nearly impossible to believe and without me having strong evidence i cant really support it so I gotta drop it. 
    Ok, I guess I understand your point now.  There are some posters on this site who make 5 new threads about a single game almost every day.  Sometimes it seems conspicuous.  But this is literally the first time I have given my personal opinion/review on a game.  I felt the need to share because I have never played this type of game before.  And I was hoping my friends on this site who might of missed it would have a chance to check it out.  Nothing more, nothing less.
    Kyleran
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Thanks for the info!

Who buys a game 12 months ago and just by chance decides to post about it being a hidden gem  (12 months later) during the same time there is an unusually high number of articles written about the game?
    You are obviously mistaking when @blueturtle13 said the game launched a year ago on PC with when I actually purchased the game about 2 weeks ago.  Hope that clears that up.
    SEANMCAD said: 
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Marketed Boosted.

He told me this:

Ok, I guess I understand your point now.  There are some posters on this site who make 5 new threads about a single game almost every day.  Sometimes it seems conspicuous.  But this is literally the first time I have given my personal opinion/review on a game.  I felt the need to share because I have never played this type of game before.  And I was hoping my friends on this site who might of missed it would have a chance to check it out.  Nothing more, nothing less.
    fair enough. I think maybe the game has just come out with console versions which is why there is so much news on them? i dunno but regardless, fair point I jumped far too soon
    MrMelGibson

edited June 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said: 
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Marketed Boosted.

He told me this:

fair enough. I think maybe the game has just come out with console versions which is why there is so much news on them? i dunno but regardless, fair point I jumped far too soon
    It's all good man.  I don't currently own any consoles so that's news to me.  I typically stick to this site and PCgamer.  But I can understand that my timing might of been suspect.  I do hope you try it out at some point.  That is if you enjoy strategy games.

Btw, @SEANMCAD just wanted to thank you for being civil and conceding the argument once the facts were presented.  Usually don't see that often online.  For that you have my respect :-)
    Post edited by MrMelGibson on
    SpottyGekko
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I recalled this thread and GOG has this on 25 % off.

https://www.gog.com/game/shadow_tactics_blades_of_the_shogun

I watched some youtube videos on this and I am getting it. Thanks  OP for even bringing this to my attention.

HatefullMrMelGibson
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    I recalled this thread and GOG has this on 25 % off.

https://www.gog.com/game/shadow_tactics_blades_of_the_shogun

I watched some youtube videos on this and I am getting it. Thanks  OP for even bringing this to my attention.

This reply makes this thread worth the effort.  I'm happy you found the game :-)  
    Just wanted to let you guys/girls know the game is currently 50% off on Steam.  So if you were waiting for a price drop, this is a pretty decent one.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/418240/Shadow_Tactics_Blades_of_the_Shogun/
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Marketed Boosted.

He told me this:

Nope. Daedalic Entertainment is the publisher.
    yeah..

I know..
    which is exactly why I think something is up. They also did Long Way Home. 
    Now I know they are not a 'big publisher bla bla bla' but the method doesnt have to follow the exact same path described above. In fact, all it really takes is a fat check to a Marketing Company
    Actually our friend here @MrMelGibson (or my friend at least) just discovered a game and like many here just thought enough to share it so other like minded gamers could discover it and have an enjoyable time with it.
    Sometimes all you see is all there is to see ;) 
    Wait, WHAT? Friggin MEL GIBSON discovered it and you don't think something is going on??! How more obvious can it get, the writing's on the wall man, the writing's on the wall...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    MrMelGibsonKyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer