Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well that didnt last long.

1235»

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Conan rocks! It is however not for children, has this thread shows.
    yeah because running around with dongs and tacos hanging out is so mature. Especially when you giggle about it.

Game has peak numbers of about 2700 people online and that was after whatever this last 'update' was, before that it was around 2500. Even on Steam which is highly inaccurate its barely reaching 3K players peak, and that counts people solo playing on their own computers and anyone who is still technically 'logged in'.

Now when and if they make the changes they promised we can see. But I would bet any amount of money anywhere that they will never ever reach the peak numbers they did the first few days of the game, which was just under 60K. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. Other than ESO I dont know of any game made in the past 15 years where more players started playing it after it was initially released. i.e. people play games the first weeks of their release and dont come back after the initial hype.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited May 2017
    If they would "Remove Deunvo" and look towards making a MMO Version of the game or even just removing Denuvo it would likely sell more.

A lot of people don't like Denuvo DRM for many reasons.
    Phry
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    rodarin said:
    Conan rocks! It is however not for children, has this thread shows.
    yeah because running around with dongs and tacos hanging out is so mature. Especially when you giggle about it.

Game has peak numbers of about 2700 people online and that was after whatever this last 'update' was, before that it was around 2500. Even on Steam which is highly inaccurate its barely reaching 3K players peak, and that counts people solo playing on their own computers and anyone who is still technically 'logged in'.

Now when and if they make the changes they promised we can see. But I would bet any amount of money anywhere that they will never ever reach the peak numbers they did the first few days of the game, which was just under 60K. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. Other than ESO I dont know of any game made in the past 15 years where more players started playing it after it was initially released. i.e. people play games the first weeks of their release and dont come back after the initial hype.
    Well that's the thing with early access, it's not a finished game. people buy, log in to see what it's about and then wait for it to be finished.

Players don't get that early access means Unfinished Game and game companies don't get that they are sort of diluting the experience.

What they need to do is have a giant update at launch so that players can then experience a dramatic shift in content and game play.
    [Deleted User]laseritCrazKanukThupliCecropiachojin2k
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    what a load of horse shit, number of copies sold is a clearer reflection rather than number of players since game is early access which means when there is more stuff included in-game pop will naturally increase.

my 2 cents.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Elminzter said:
    what a load of horse shit, number of copies sold is a clearer reflection rather than number of players since game is early access which means when there is more stuff included in-game pop will naturally increase.

my 2 cents.

LOL everyone buys every piece of crap game that comes out. If its a big name title even more people buy it. if its on Steam then that adds more also.

"Good" games on Steam do gain steam (pun intended) meaning they get an inital surge then they keep that surge up. Conan Exiles sold 99% of their copies in like 4 days after that no one was buying it (presumably because people saw what it was). Ark by comparison sold very few then word of mouth spread and the sales skyrocketed. Add in some great work from modders and it really took off. They have sold close to 4 million copies now I think. They also had enough 'success' to have the balls to sell a retail 'full release' expansion to an early access game. First time in history. And they sold a lot of those too. I didnt buy it because that turned me off to their whole deal but you cant deny the success that game has had.

Conan Exiles has been out almost 3 months and had a few updates some of them characterized as 'major' yet where are the people returning?

Anyone that claims people buy early access just to own it and then plan on going back are clearly lying. Because anyone willing to wait for it to be playable can get it for 75% off like every other early access game (especially on STEAM). Thats the greatest irony to all these over hyped garbage games theyre all cheaper when theyre worth playing problem is when theyre cheap and worth playing everyone has overpaid and moved on. The whole system is backwards. But thats the way it goes now release garbage with hype (or in the case of the biggest scam ever) dont release anything but  a tech demo and make 150 million and counting buy selling subs to information (not the game but information pertaining to the game) and jpegs of ships that arent in the tech demo and no one knows when they will be.

OK rant over. But watching all these companies continually selling a load of crap to people gets tiresome after awhile.

(cue the 'its their money if they want to waste it let them' comebacks)
  • StellaBellaStellaBella Member UncommonPosts: 32
    edited May 2017
    Conan was far from a waste of money. I rarely play Conan at this point in time, you know why? Because it's not finished. Why would I want to invest time in something that is not finished? I jump in the game every now and then to see where its at and frankly I like what I am seeing.

It's bad enough that I have to waste 3 minutes of my life responding to a prepubescent.

I know you don't like FunCom but fact is they have the 3rd highest rated game on MMORPG, oh and that shitty Conan game in early access is 16th. I look at your post history and you are negative towards a lot of games, you know what that makes you? A whiner. You know what that makes your opinion? Useless.
    ReaperUkKyleranchojin2k
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789
    I have a couple of games that are early access and I play them more then some of the games that were supposed "finished". I also have a couple of games that were early access and the development virtually stopped without any new updates. Early access is it and miss. It probably is not good idea to buy into games that are almost feature poor and just hope they put in more. 
    As to Conan, I think that it has potential but is still feature poor.  

Let's party like it is 1863!

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    I'm level 18 now and still learning every day.  I am however, learning on a lower pop server that has some ground rules to PvP, mostly griefing.  I will agree that it is a little bit grindy.  I'm not progressing as much at this point.  I think that's mostly due to the fact that there are quite a few missing features, but it's still a very solid foundation for a fantasy survival game.  I mean, lets compare to MMO games like Darkfall, that somehow is still around.  They have a similar playerbase, and that game is pure garbage.  So I'm still a little confused that more people aren't playing.  I think most people think that the game is dead.  The truth of it, is that a lot of the issues that plagued the game at EA launch, no longer exist. 

I agree, they need to do a big update and market for it.  I think it will likely bring in a lot of players who will stick around for a while.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    what's the player cap per server in CE?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    DAS1337 said:
     I will agree that it is a little bit grindy.  I'm not progressing as much at this point.  I think that's mostly due to the fact that there are quite a few missing features, but it's still a very solid foundation for a fantasy survival game.
    You answer your own question, the reason there's not more people playing is the game is not finished.

laserit[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Kyleran said:
    DAS1337 said:
     I will agree that it is a little bit grindy.  I'm not progressing as much at this point.  I think that's mostly due to the fact that there are quite a few missing features, but it's still a very solid foundation for a fantasy survival game.
    You answer your own question, the reason there's not more people playing is the game is not finished.

Don't want to be burned out on the game before it's even done.

Kyleran

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Kyleran said:
    DAS1337 said:

It's not the only reason.  It's mostly because most people only give something one chance.  It launched with a ton of cheating and exploiting, and no one has gone back.  The game is a good game, the concurrent players daily only peak around 5k, which is pretty ridiculous.. considering how highly full PvP, full loot games are always rated on these sites.
    Tsiya
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    DAS1337 said:
    Kyleran said:
    DAS1337 said:

It's not the only reason.  It's mostly because most people only give something one chance.  It launched with a ton of cheating and exploiting, and no one has gone back.  The game is a good game, the concurrent players daily only peak around 5k, which is pretty ridiculous.. considering how highly full PvP, full loot games are always rated on these sites.
    Very true, I'm one of those people so if my initial experience is bad, I likely will never take another look.

Knowing the game is still unfinished I've chosen to hold off on even trying it as I have a low tolerance to bugs, cheating, and missing features.

I also dislike rapid design changes, preferring things to be more or less stable.

As to full loot PVP games few can really stomach a wild west approach, most willing to play one want strong controls put in place by the devs which allow players to manage their level of risk. (and reduces general asshattery)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Kyleran said:
    DAS1337 said:

Very true, I'm one of those people so if my initial experience is bad, I likely will never take another look.

Knowing the game is still unfinished I've chosen to hold off on even trying it as I have a low tolerance to bugs, cheating, and missing features.

I also dislike rapid design changes, preferring things to be more or less stable.

As to full loot PVP games few can really stomach a wild west approach, most willing to play one want strong controls put in place by the devs which allow players to manage their level of risk. (and reduces general asshattery)

I am one of those.  I like the PvP risk, but I don't enjoy being exposed to intentional greifing. 

The server options in this game do allow you to drastically change the ruleset of your server though.  And not just that, they allow player mods, similar to skyrim in a way. 

So hell, you could ideally play a full on carebear server, where you don't lose your items upon death, and have all sorts of mods for RP, and base building, etc, that aren't even in the vanilla part of the game.

I think people should at least try to stay open minded about it.  I've been playing it long enough to hit level 21, and I have not encountered many bugs, and none of them were gamebreaking.  This last patch actually fixed quite a bit of some of the day to day annoyances.  Audio glitches, war hammer balancing, balancing structures/bases. 

Hopefully people come back to it, because IMO, it has a great foundation in place.  It's just a matter of fleshing out the entire game.
    laserit
  • FaceGraterFaceGrater Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I'm really enjoying the game. I really like the concept too. I want it to be successful.

FunCom does have issues though, I mean, they were bailed out by their government a while back. It could go either way.