Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access to Begin July 25th, Founder's Pack Sales Begin - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageEarly Access to Begin July 25th, Founder's Pack Sales Begin - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

Fortnite News - Epic is finally ready to unleash Fortnite on the world. Early access is now scheduled to begin on July 25th, though anyone purchasing a Founder's Pack can get in starting July 21st. Founder's Packs run $39.99 for the Standard Edition, $59.99 for the Deluxe, Super Deluxe for $89.99 and Limited Edition for $149.99. Each comes with a number of in-game items and unlocked heroes.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Interesting, doesn't look half bad! Wildstar like graphics.
    Phixion13
  • Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    The graphics I can actually forgive. Sure, it's a bit cutesy. But this does look like an interesting game. Kind of like a lighter version of Conan Exiles.

• ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I know some have suggested the Founder Pack pricing is a bit high but those two upper tier packs include copies for a friend and 2 friends!
    SBFord
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    So an early access sandbox game where you are supposed to work together to kill monsters instead of killing one another. Also a complete lack of punching trees and rocks for materials.
    KyleranStainless72
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited June 2017
    I've been on the Alpha for 2 years.
    Now they've gave me for free the 90$ Founder Pack and my vBucks, gg!

It's one cool beans game, quite different on its gameplay meant to be played together, it's a massive grind through skills/getting shinies, but it's to see where Early Access takes the game!

The game is already decently stable and optimized, recommending to try it out. o/
    Also, I have one extra copy.
    Phixion13PhaedruslivesMrMelGibsonOctagon7711
  • AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384
    *sigh* the game looks fantastic, but I'm not sure I want another Early Access. Damnit, can AAA-companies just stop doing early access? I want to curse more than every episode of South Park combined.
    KyleranStainless72MrMelGibson
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Aragoni said:

*sigh* the game looks fantastic, but I'm not sure I want another Early Access. Damnit, can AAA-companies just stop doing early access? I want to curse more than every episode of South Park combined.

Aye, another incomplete EA title on the market.

Cant Wait until some of these reach a finished state.

Of course not sure that day will ever really come, or if I will still care, but whatever.
    Ozmodan

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    edited June 2017
    This game was in beta for years and in development for years before.

Problem is that they had a good idea 6 years ago when they started. To make kind of Orcs Must die + Minecraft base building. But than since the development took ages, the whole got outdated as it gets.

So for years they tried to change the game somehow. But they didnt manage.

Its basically Orcs Must Die 2. Saying its base building survival game is misleading and false advertisement.

You have a Co-OP instanced missions with timer. Let say 20 minutes. First 10 minutes you run around trying to gather material and build some kind of fort and traps ( Orcs must die ) And than the attack happened in waves ( Orcs must die ) and you have to survive it for 10 minutes. The instance closes, and you are ready to browse for next game.

The EA is attempt to milk the game a little bit. Before they go F2P and than close it
    Alexander.Bsumdumguy1OzmodanOctagon7711

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Problem is that they had a good idea 6 years ago when they started. To make kind of Orcs Must die + Minecraft base building. But than since the development took ages, the whole got outdated as it gets.

Its basically Orcs Must Die 2. Saying its base building survival game is misleading and false advertisement.

You have a Co-OP instanced missions with timer. Let say 20 minutes. First 10 minutes you run around trying to gather material and build some kind of fort and traps ( Orcs must die ) And than the attack happened in waves ( Orcs must die ) and you have to survive it for 10 minutes. The instance closes, and you are ready to browse for next game.

The EA is attempt to milk the game a little bit. Before they go F2P and than close it
    like 7 Days to Die? (Mean basebuilding tower defence) 

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

SEANMCAD said:

Its not at all like 7 Days to Die. Its like Orcs Must die.

20 minute missions. Instanced maps. When you finish you go back to server browser

SEANMCAD said:

20 minute missions. Instanced maps. When you finish you go back to server browser
    I think any developer team who cant get something that basic down should likely be ignored. at least based on the description you just gave

• Agrias34Agrias34 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Having played in the betas, this game isn't worth a dime. It was supposed to be free and now all of a sudden is a 40 dollar box price. Hard pass.
    Agrias34 said:
    Having played in the betas, this game isn't worth a dime. It was supposed to be free and now all of a sudden is a 40 dollar box price. Hard pass.
    It's still meant to be free I think.

This is just the usual early access founder packs, once the game is fully released then it's available for everyone, this is more what you'd call packs of shinies to start the game with.
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Played Alpha for 2 years now, solid stuff for EA imo. Love the style, and the Unreal engine really plays off it well.
  • xxBoneZxxxxBoneZxx Member UncommonPosts: 124
    This does look alot like 7 Days to Die. More like a kiddie version of 7 Days.

edited June 2017
    xxBoneZxx said:
    This does look alot like 7 Days to Die. More like a kiddie version of 7 Days.

yup

A16 is out I think by the way..oh yeaha

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Hey as a tester who spent $20 I got an $80 founders pack and my $20 in game cash back Im happy
    Octagon7711
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    This game in an example of why not to reveal something too early.

I recall hearing about this 6 years ago. I've been hyped up about it with each new announcement, but by now I'm kind of "ok".

Fun game to play from what I've heard. Just wish I've first seen it a month ago, not 6 years - would have thrown my wallet at them, as the irresponsible millennial I am.
    SteelhelmWalper
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I think the game looks solid,i am a big fan of Epic but these lame ass terms like "founder's packs" need to stop.

You create a product,you sell/advertise a product and that's it,cut out the BS.
    Stuff like this turns me off,even if i like the game it can completely turn me away from Epic as a whole entity because i don't like marketing gimmicks and tactics,i like honest businesses selling a product.

This is in reality saying,...give us money now and we will let you in ahead of everyone else,seriously wtf is that and tons of developers are pulling that crap.

Give us early founder's pack and we will give you items and unlock heroes...NO you won't,if i give you any money it is for a COMPLETE game,the SAME game as everyone else and i want to EARN my keep not BUY IT.

Steelhelm

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

laxie said:
    This game in an example of why not to reveal something too early.

I recall hearing about this 6 years ago. I've been hyped up about it with each new announcement, but by now I'm kind of "ok".

Fun game to play from what I've heard. Just wish I've first seen it a month ago, not 6 years - would have thrown my wallet at them, as the irresponsible millennial I am.
    I don't think it is.

Fortnite keeps itself under wraps most of the time, the NDA make so majority don't even know that this game exists, and its looks/setting are attractive by default.

So the game will most likely perform quite well once it gets more widely public.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

SEANMCAD said:

It sounds like dying is confirmed either way though!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    So many games coming I've never heard of
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    edited June 2017
    Been part of the alpha for awhile now, neat game. Definitely worth checking out imo, quite a different experience than anything out there atm.

It reminds me of a game I used to alpha test for, Monster Madness Online, which unfortunately didn't see the light of the day, as the company focused on DD2, which turned out to be a wise decision for them.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Why, why, why is this an online game? It would have been a brilliant single player game!

But online only? I don't think so. Not unless there's a single player version that can be played offline and MODDED!
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Looking forward to that one, looks rly interesting!