Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baldur's Gate MORPG

1235»

Comments

• YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Aethaeryn said:

Going to set it up tonight and check it out tomorrow likely.

Oh. . one of your screenshots on the first page is now a couch . . it is very nice looking but I think that is an error?  Sorry. . I think it is a futon. 

I've tried to remove the pesky furniture piece but I get an error message claiming that the body is 1944 characters too long when I try to save the post. :eh:
    Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

The game is sold at -60% discout right now for only $8!

https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_2_complete

edited May 2017

20 player characters vs 1 copper dragon (powered by Abyss)

Happened four weeks ago.

The game is sold at -50% discount at the moment for less than $10!

https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_2_complete

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Nice. I just bought this, along with Might and Magic. I used to love playing that series. Thanks for this!
    Yanocchi
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    How is this game going?  I have never played NWN, but this looks really up my alley.  Is it hard to get intro?

How is the community?  Are many people playing Pacific ST?
    It appears to be all set up to stay for many more years to come because it offers MMORPG atmosphere and experience (but with a small community), yet it is very different from all MMORPGs. The thing that really makes it stand out is community immersion. Nearly everyone is role-playing their characters more-or-less. In MMORPGs there are usually some seclusive role-playing guilds or communities. However, role-playing and immersion are not widely spread in MMORPG game worlds from the viewpoint of player-to-player interaction. In terms of pure social immersion into the game world, it really shines compared with other games.

It shouldn't be too hard to get into. However, gameplay can be significantly more challenging than in most MMORPGs. It is possible to create a 1-hit-point-wizard or some other highly unique character that will always be extremely hard to play, even when it reaches maximum level. Imagine a level 30 character with only 30 hit points, when some tanky character might have as much as 1000 hit points at level 30 (but maybe the character with 30 hit points can smite evil for 1000-2000 damage with one hit). :)

It has a dedicated community but also some stream of completely new players. Maybe half or more of the community has been around for 5-7 years.

edited December 2017
    I wanted to forward a message posted by the main administrator in case MMORPG.com has some hidden talent and someone has always wanted to try a hand in game development :):

https://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=62624

Maecius wrote on November 19, 2017:

We'll be looking for new development support, particularly in the form of area designers:

What we're looking for specifically is not so much area creators but area enhancers. We've reached about the limit of what the game engine can handle in terms of area maps, so what we want is people familiar with the toolset who can improve our existing areas by:

- Enhancing NPCs and NPC conversations,
    - Creating new lore nodes,
    - Introducing new scripts and gaming systems (the coders create them, but we often need builders to place them),
    - Changing area maps based on DM campaigns and PC actions (for example, if an inn is burned down, the inn should be replaced on the area map with a smoldering ruin),
    - And so on.

If you would be interested in helping to improve the world in this way, and in making the server more reactive to in-game activity, shoot a PM to the Head Builder (LISA100595) and the admins with a letter of interest, a description of your history with the toolset, and a sample of your work!

edited June 2018
    BGTSCC is still going strong as ever. GoG has a 50% discount on it at the moment.

Server player limit has been increased to 96 players.

Post edited by Yanocchi on

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Wanted to give this a try, but couldn't get the server connection working and found no help online for my issue.  It was too bad. :(
    Yanocchi

Wanted to give this a try, but couldn't get the server connection working and found no help online for my issue.  It was too bad. :(

The community is very friendly and helpful on the forum. They usually try their best to help with technical issues that people experience.

MadFrenchie

Yanocchi said:

The community is very friendly and helpful on the forum. They usually try their best to help with technical issues that people experience.

Thanks!  I may give it another go, as my heavily modded Skyrim SE refuses to actually save my save games, so I'm missing that RPG action. :(

Thanks!  I may give it another go, as my heavily modded Skyrim SE refuses to actually save my save games, so I'm missing that RPG action. :(

You can play as a dragon or have a dragon companion if you make a druid character. >:)

It also has a tiny piece of Skyrim somewhere in the game world. :D

MadFrenchie

edited June 2018
    Yanocchi said:

You can play as a dragon or have a dragon companion if you make a druid character. >:)

It also has a tiny piece of Skyrim somewhere in the game world. :D

Tried to reinstall and join the server, have spent the last two hours just trying to get multiplayer to work with my GOG.com copy.  Support articles are largely outdated and don't help.  The one thread I found that seemed to have a fix still ran into issues (serialkey.exe is busted, so I can't save the CD keys).  EDIT- an example here- just to find the CD keys for the game required that I access a certain menu in a certain platform (NOT GOG Galaxy) in a certain way.  That's pretty silly.

Sorry man, I'm not spending more time getting it working to try a server I couldn't even connect to last time I tried it.  Just getting multiplayer working with GOG.com copies is a pain in the ass.  That may be having a detrimental effect on the amount of folks trying out the server!

You could try a very simple solution. I have no clue if it works but it might. Basically, the game checks the keys from a text file.

1. Create a file called nwncdkey.ini using Notepad.

2. Write the following lines in the nwncdkey.ini file. Maybe even inventing your own CD key might work because I believe there is no longer any master server that checks if the keys are oficially legit. A long time ago a master server authorisation process prevented logging into most multiplayer servers without legit CD keys. If you received some keys, you can copy and paste them into the nwncdkey.ini file. CD keys consist of letter and numbers.

[CDKEY]
    Key1=12345-12345-12345-12345-12345-12345-12345
    Key2=12345-12345-12345-12345-12345-12345-12345
    Key3=12345-12345-12345-12345-12345-12345-12345

Key1 is from the main game, Key2 is from the Mask of Betrayer expansion and Key3 is from the Storm of Zehir expansion.

3. Place the nwncdkey.ini file in the main folder of the game (where the .exe files are located.)

Yanocchi said:
    You could try a very simple solution. I have no clue if it works but it might. Basically, the game checks the keys from a text file.

1. Create a file called nwncdkey.ini using Notepad.

2. Write the following lines in the nwncdkey.ini file. Maybe even inventing your own CD key might work because I believe there is no longer any master server that checks if the keys are oficially legit. A long time ago a master server authorisation process prevented logging into most multiplayer servers without legit CD keys. If you received some keys, you can copy and paste them into the nwncdkey.ini file. CD keys consist of letter and numbers.

[CDKEY]
    Key1=12345-12345-12345-12345-12345-12345-12345
    Key2=12345-12345-12345-12345-12345-12345-12345
    Key3=12345-12345-12345-12345-12345-12345-12345

Key1 is from the main game, Key2 is from the Mask of Betrayer expansion and Key3 is from the Storm of Zehir expansion.

3. Place the nwncdkey.ini file in the main folder of the game (where the .exe files are located.)

Hey!  I'll give that a try then!  I'll post on the forums if I receive the same connection error I did before.

Thanks! :)

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Just FYI for people who like BG:TSCC - there is a PW server for NWN 1 called Mists of Ravenloft (or something like that) with a heavily modified ruleset that is super RP heavy and focused.  Its almost impossible to solo, and DMs play as guards that harass everyone, especially short races (dwarves, halflings, etc). It allows creation of characters and sub-races from most D&D settings. 

BG:TSCC definitely has way more classes and way, way more prc options.  And it is easier to ease into and isn't so tyrannically RP focused.  But Ravenloft is definitely worth checking out. 
    BG:TSCC has packhorses and class kits for some classes now. For example, paladin kits include crusader, cavalier and divinate.