Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bill Roper Hired by Improbable as Chief Creative Officer - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageBill Roper Hired by Improbable as Chief Creative Officer - MMORPG.com News

Bill Roper has been hired by Improbable, makers of SpatialOS, as its Chief Creative Officer. His duties will include networking with development studios to make use of the cloud-based platform's features to expand and enhance new game play types within "massive, detailed and persistent online worlds".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,319
    Good for him! I wish him the best.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Say what you will about Flagship, but Roper's always had a great game creating brain. Improbable is at the forefront of our future MMOs, so I'm glad to see they've got a good guy helping.
    SlyLoKSamhaelTheScavenger

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Interesting!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Say what you will about Flagship, but Roper's always had a great game creating brain. Improbable is at the forefront of our future MMOs, so I'm glad to see they've got a good guy helping.

I wish I could "LOL" and "WTF" this post.
    KyleranConstantineMerus
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Lucky enough to have had contact with him when I was looking to get into the gaming industry - his Blizz days - always responded and put me in the right direction. Great guy and wish him the best.
    SBFord
  • gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472
    This guy is the mmo killer (Hellgate, Champions Online)
    Gdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    My eyes / mind played tricks on me, I first read the title as "Bill Roper improbable hire as creative director" ;)
    PhryArglebargle

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495

Kyleran said:

My eyes / mind played tricks on me, I first read the title as "Bill Roper improbable hire as creative director" ;)

Yes, and that would be a more accurate title. Well, I don't have high hopes for SpatialOS now. Roper pretty much burns everything he touches these days. Not sure what he really did for Disney Infinity but it sounds like Disney wised up when the canceled it.
    Gdemami
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
    TheScavenger

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic