Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rise of the Necromancer Purchase Nets In-Game Goodies - Diablo 3 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageRise of the Necromancer Purchase Nets In-Game Goodies - Diablo 3 - MMORPG.com

Diablo 3 News - The Diablo 3 site has been updated with a look at the in-game goodies that players will gain access to if they purchase the Rise of the Necromancer pack. There is no information yet about ordering, including how much the pack will cost. Judging by the timing of the post, it is likely coming soon (tm).

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I'm in! I like the game at the start of Seasons :-)
    IceAgeSBFordNepheth
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2017
    I'll be getting it for sure. The Necro is hella fun to play....though it's too bad through the same old 5-year-old content. :/

The other thing that bums me out is no cross-game items like a pet for WoW or stuff for HotS, etc.
    Post edited by SBFord on

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    edited June 2017

SBFord said:

I'll be getting it for sure. The Necro is hella fun to play....though it's too bad through the same old 5-year-old content. :/

The other thing that bums me out is no cross-game items like a pet for WoW or stuff for HotS, etc.

That's it, really. Maybe this is the "hold us over" content before either another expansion or the next game.
    SBFordNepheth

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    How this still doesn't have a date for release, Baffles me.

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Baffles me as well, wish they put the effort into D3 and bring out yearly expansions, if they need $ do the micro like they have in the Asian markets people may bitch but they may also like having new content to play with as well.
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    With no pvp, we should have so many more classes to play with.
  • BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    I have read there isn't going to be a supported pet build with gear.  Is that true?  Also that you need to keep casting them over and over again ;P.  Necromancers need an army of minions ;D.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2017

Beyorn said:

I have read there isn't going to be a supported pet build with gear.  Is that true?  Also that you need to keep casting them over and over again ;P.  Necromancers need an army of minions ;D.

My summoned skeletons, all 7 of them, are persistent. I log into the game and there they are. If they die in battle, they resummon themselves within a few seconds. I just got my golem and haven't used it yet but I'm going to assume that, like the Witchdoctor's gargantuan, it will be persistent as well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366

SBFord said:

Beyorn said:

My summoned skeletons, all 7 of them, are persistent. I log into the game and there they are. If they die in battle, they resummon themselves within a few seconds. I just got my golem and haven't used it yet but I'm going to assume that, like the Witchdoctor's gargantuan, it will be persistent as well.

Good ;)! Hard to get good info ;D
  • TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    edited June 2017
    Beyorn said:
    I haven't been on the test servers in about a week, but the Rathma set (pet set) was the top Grift clearing set. People were clearing well over 100, and that was even after Blizz hot patched some broken elements to the build that allowed for persistent invulnerability. This build has 7 persistent skeleton warriors and you summon up to additional 10 skel archers that last for a short duration. Additionally, there is a huge hitting ability that summons a massive wave of skels to destroy your foes. There are are other abilities that allow for other persistent pets (i.e., golems), but they weren't part of the top builds the last I checked. Keep in mind this is all subject to change (and may have changed already). 

What I want to see with the Necro is a viable corpse explosion build. Chaining corpse explosions to get massive massacre bonuses while leveling was some of the most fun I've had in D3 for a long time. 

As far as good info Rykker on Youtube stays pretty current with D3 updates and has published a lot on stuff the Necro. 
  • zamocnyzamocny Member CommonPosts: 7
    Guys, great guide about Necro:
    https://odealo.com/articles/diablo-3-necromancer-legendaries-and-builds

Include:
    Legendaries
    Builds
    Mechanics
    Other tips&tricks