Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon: Let's talk about Rats

2»

Comments

• Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member UncommonPosts: 564
    edited June 2017
    The models were probably on sale in the unity store so they improvised.

But I think there's nothing wrong with rats, IF it's understood they're not just rats as we know them. That's clear enough given the genre is fantasy. For example, a rat standing up could be very human and challenging, doubly so if it's using magic, or better yet in the finest armors too. I've never had trouble with that.

I'm more concerned with how engaging combat is and whether there're risks to counter the rewards. I think when we start as new players the combat should be simple though. Too many things at once when you're new can stop you from enjoying it. In fact, I think modern EQ in the tutorial might actually be worse than EQ in 1999. There're so many windows and popups and buttons it's debilitating. I've seen other tutorials in older MMO's make the same mistake, despite being newly built.
    Post edited by Hawkaya399 on
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,140
    Elitist attitude.  If combat is fun and progress is engaging it doesn't matter what your fighting get over yourself.  You're not too good to fight rats or any other rodent, insect, animal or mythical beast you might find in a computer game.
    dcutbi001
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,218
    A garden snake kicks you for 10 damage!
    Loading, please wait.....
  • Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    DMKano said:
     March 1999 Outside of Freeport gates... noobs fighting vermin 

Me, last Saturday, Agnar server.
    Hawkaya399

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    goboygo said:
    Elitist attitude.  If combat is fun and progress is engaging it doesn't matter what your fighting get over yourself.  You're not too good to fight rats or any other rodent, insect, animal or mythical beast you might find in a computer game.
    Chill bro.
    This thread was meant to be tongue in cheek, it wasn't meant to be taken too seriously.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,381
    Rats were not just for new players in EQ. I remember a guy once telling me how he had managed to solo a rat in Plane of Justice. EQ was funny that way, empowering seemingly weak things to give you a fight. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests