Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buy Shroud of the Avatar through SeedInvest (equity crowdfunding)

Comments

• blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    Nilden said:
    $10+ million and four years on this embarrassment of a game. I don't understand why anyone would give them money.

Gamasutra is calling it more than $18M raised (and spent).

Gamesindustry has them at close to $19M and breaks it down.

Kotaku's take: "It’s definitely a little strange that Garriott himself wasn’t quite sure to what the text on his own game’s funding page is referring." when backers start asking about the game mechanics he's spinning for potential investors.

I can't believe how nonchalant Portalarium is being about all this, and they want to be a publisher too?
    RawynxmentyLeFantome
  • RawynRawyn Member UncommonPosts: 202
    edited June 2017
    So they've wasted 18 mil on this game??? How??? It's def not in gameplay or quality. I guess salaries and booze. Heck most of the crap they use is cheap and free assets and the blade servers they got for free from the company that rented their offices before. They're so broke they have a begathon every few months and now seedinvest. I noticed their selling a mustache and hair braided for 14,0000 each lol. Who would buy some crusty old men hair?? Nasty! 

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=51225
    Post edited by Rawyn on
    LeFantome
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    And now the end is near
    So I face the final curtain
    RawynLeFantome
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited June 2017
    And so I bid farewell to the worst $40 I ever spent.  Sorry for the double post, my enter key doesn't fucking advance things to the next line since they updated the forums.

RawynLeFantome
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    The $1 pub on the side of the road that is literally a cardboard box around a broken truck is in a better financial position than this company.
    Rawyn

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

What game are they describing?” wrote a poster on the game’s forums. “Establish trade routes? Conquer a town? In what game?”
    Garriott said that most of those things are indeed in the game in some form, and Portalarium regularly keeps backers abreast of which features are incoming and how and why they’re being implemented. “There was never a plan to ‘conquer a town,’” he says. But he went on to explain that the game’s villain faction, the Obsidian Cabalists, can lay siege to towns, and players can lift those sieges by defeating them.
    “The other thing [‘conquer a town’] could be construed with,” he said, “is ownership of a control point. To pass through them, you’ve gotta fight your way through. They can also be cleared.”
    He doesn't even know what's in the Seedinvest pitch , but kudos for his excellent attempt to bullshit his way out of this mess.

Rawyn

ste2000 said:

What game are they describing?” wrote a poster on the game’s forums. “Establish trade routes? Conquer a town? In what game?”
    Garriott said that most of those things are indeed in the game in some form, and Portalarium regularly keeps backers abreast of which features are incoming and how and why they’re being implemented. “There was never a plan to ‘conquer a town,’” he says. But he went on to explain that the game’s villain faction, the Obsidian Cabalists, can lay siege to towns, and players can lift those sieges by defeating them.
    “The other thing [‘conquer a town’] could be construed with,” he said, “is ownership of a control point. To pass through them, you’ve gotta fight your way through. They can also be cleared.”
    He doesn't even know what's in the Seedinvest pitch , but kudos for his excellent attempt to bullshit his way out of this mess.

It gets worse, Richart Garriott admits he was bullshitting and says the writeup was meant for outsiders, not players.

" "Conquering towns" we may need to rephrase. That was meant to refer to the Control Points, Town Sieges and PVP towns as a catch all. But I can see it may read like a "new feature"... it is not! Keep in mind these docs were made for outsiders not for players! Y'all can parse this WAY tighter than they can. "

RawynLeFantome
    ste2000 said:

It gets worse, Richart Garriott admits he was bullshitting and says the writeup was meant for outsiders, not players.

" "Conquering towns" we may need to rephrase. That was meant to refer to the Control Points, Town Sieges and PVP towns as a catch all. But I can see it may read like a "new feature"... it is not! Keep in mind these docs were made for outsiders not for players! Y'all can parse this WAY tighter than they can. "

Some more interesting quotes from Garriot:

"Assassination" refers to a quest line in development.
    The "long term plan" remains Guilds ability to "own" Control Points. We just don't have it on the schedule yet, so it may not make Ep1 Release. I hope it does... but "Don't lawyer us bro." as we often say.

Rawyn

edited June 2017
    Man control points suck. Just another little scene and 2 more long load screens to get where you really want to go. Yah you can take a group in and grind some mob waves but like everything else with this game it's boring a ****. 

And him sayin the wording is made for outsiders, hell their own players were asking where are those things are they sure as **** are not in game. It seems slimey. These guys are the worse.
    The game sucks and apparently they're gearing up for a fight... check out what Chis is saying about their Kickstarter promises.  He's basically telling backers Portalarium has no intention on honoring the Kickstarter promises they made.
    Rawyn
    edited June 2017
    The game sucks and apparently they're gearing up for a fight... check out what Chis is saying about their Kickstarter promises.  He's basically telling backers Portalarium has no intention on honoring the Kickstarter promises they made.
    I'm sure he and RG agreed with what they put into the Kickstarter promises. They remind me of Kathy Griffin, can't be an adult and admit to their mistakes so start blaming someone else for their problems they created. 
    Rawyn said:
    I'm sure he and RG agreed with what they put into the Kickstarter promises. They remind me of Kathy Griffin, can't be an adult and admit to their mistakes so start blaming someone else for their problems they created. 

Well, RG is on the record (in a video) calling their Kickstarter smoke and mirrors and now Chris is saying this?  " The stuff people are complaining isn't done apparently is all stretch goals that were honestly very poorly thought out and many crammed in by a couple of people who left the company immediately after KS completed."  I'm headed to the market right now before all the popcorn sells out.
    I'm not surprised by this. I just don't see the blame game often from adults. "It's not our fault someone else did it". It's stuff you'd expect from grade school kids.
    blorpykins
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    people still follow this crap?

Glad i didnt fall for the trap..

All he had to do is rebuild UO in 3d..
    Rawynblorpykins
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    edited June 2017
    Vrika said:
    Tabula Rasa was owned by NCSoft, so you can't really place all the blame on Lord British for that.
    Not quite. Tabula Rasa was developed by Desination Games. That was created by the space cadet Garriot. NCsoft was the publisher, but the failure of Tabula Rasa was 100% on Garriot. He reportedly wasted around 100million over nearly a decade and the game was trash. He was famous for throwing huge expensive Tabula Rasa themed parties that I'm sure were lots of fun for him and his friends,but did nothing for game development.  As usual it had a lot of great ideas that never worked. After that disaster I'm sure no one wanted any part of funding anything he was connected to so he went to the suckers of crowdfunding. He is one of those guys who is his own biggest fan while always blaming someone else for his failures. 

Remember this is the same guy that spent over 100k to buy 2 pieces of Russian space junk on Mars. His stated purpose was so that he could be the only private citizen that legally owns property on another planet. I guess he thinks this means he now owns Mars or something. This is the level of delusion of the person who wants you to give him more money for his pet project. Buyer beware. 
    Rawyn

This new crowdfunding to crowdfund while they crowdfund the crowdfund scheme opened up thier financials for review and people figured out that the crap they're playing is $18M in the making.  Richard Garriott came out and said from the begining they've pulled in enough each month in microtransactions to cover their monthly costs.  So now all the backers are like "where's the money"?  And Chris is slam dunking it this morning telling people not to expect any of the missing Kickstarter goals... I think the only reason the media isn't eating this up is because the game is so terrible, it's going to fail anyway.
    RawynKyleran
    edited June 2017

This new crowdfunding to crowdfund while they crowdfund the crowdfund scheme opened up thier financials for review and people figured out that the crap they're playing is $18M in the making.  Richard Garriott came out and said from the begining they've pulled in enough each month in microtransactions to cover their monthly costs.  So now all the backers are like "where's the money"?  And Chris is slam dunking it this morning telling people not to expect any of the missing Kickstarter goals... I think the only reason the media isn't eating this up is because the game is so terrible, it's going to fail anyway.
    I see Chris's blog he says he's done with Reddit for a while. He is done here after he made a fool of himself here, got caught lying and insulted the community here the other day. The guy don't like it when he can't control the posts like their forums. He took his little red ball and​ headed back to their forums again. Can't hack it on forums where people don't have to kiss his butt.
    cyxsste2000LeFantome
  • cyxscyxs Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Rawyn said:
    I see Chris's blog he says he's done with Reddit for a while. He is done here after he made a fool of himself here, got caught lying and insulted the community here the other day. The guy don't like it when he can't control the posts like their forums. He took his little red ball and​ headed back to their forums again. Can't hack it on forums where people don't have to kiss his butt.

What is really funny is he never answered any question just half answered it with deflections of but were doing this and were sorry for delays but we needed to. How do you honestly give an interview in 2014 saying yes game is launching this year, then in 2015 do the same thing and 2016 do the same thing. Each year they say "launching" and each year they fail to because story is not done, zones are not done, NPCs are not done. That is a lie that your telling people to pump up business. Also notice that in 2014 they sent out emails we are ending this package because of launch so upgrade now if you want it. They did this time and time again. But they never admit to doing anything wrong just so they can always be right.
    Rawyn
    Rawyn said:
    Looks like he got into it with a couple of the redditers about drinking during livestreams.   Ha, and there's even a trailer park boys clip.  I'm going to have to start buying cheaper popcorn - I've already eaten all the good stuff.

Rawyn
    Rawyn said:

Probably he's done with both Reddit and MMORPG.com because Richard Garriot told him to STFU as he was alienating even the most loyal fans with his ramblings.
    The guy has zero communication skills, he is as gracious as an Elephant.

blorpykinsRawyn

Rawyn said:
    Looks like he got into it with a couple of the redditers about drinking during livestreams.   Ha, and there's even a trailer park boys clip.  I'm going to have to start buying cheaper popcorn - I've already eaten all the good stuff.

Lol, that dude seriously reminds me of little kids that get their last word in and plug their ears and run away fast going lahlahlah so they can think they won. 
    blorpykins
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    ste2000 said:
    Rawyn said:

Probably he's done with both Reddit and MMORPG.com because Richard Garriot told him to STFU as he was alienating even the most loyal fans with his ramblings.
    The guy has zero communication skills, he is as gracious as an Elephant.

No need to slander elephants now... ;)
    RawynblorpykinscyxsLeFantome

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691
    edited June 2017
    Rawyn said:

Im sure that Chris Spears is still reading this forum. But can't comment for the good of the game. THIS GUY IS PATHETIC

Rawyn

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Hahaha... NO.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

edited December 2017
    LeFantome said:
    Rawyn said:

Im sure that Chris Spears is still reading this forum. But can't comment for the good of the game. THIS GUY IS PATHETIC

Prob wouldn't doubt it he's as big a troll as everybody else he calls troll. He's took to pouting when he got owned here and on reddit on his forums for some cuddles from the white knights
    Post edited by Rawyn on