Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server populations?

BlueProteusBlueProteus Member UncommonPosts: 85
I've come back after being away for a while, and my server Faeblight looks like a ghost town.

I know that companies don't usually show info about server populations, was just wondering if there's any indication of pop. sizes on the NA servers.

In addition, I thought I'd transfer a character to one of the other servers to check it out, and apparently all of my characters have "too much coin for their level" so I can't even transfer. Sure am glad I spent all that time crafting to make money! 8/

Playing: Various Stuff
Played: AC, AoC, ArcheAge, BDO, CoX, EQ2, Eve, GW, LotRO, Ryzom, SWG, SWtOR, Vanguard, WoW, Etc.

Comments

• jeatacjeatac Member UncommonPosts: 28
    @BlueProteus

Server populations are low right nw. Many taking break before new X-Pac start on November 16. No need to move a character to another server, you can just portal to another server now. Look under your portrait.
  • BlueProteusBlueProteus Member UncommonPosts: 85
    jeatac said:
    @BlueProteus

Server populations are low right nw. Many taking break before new X-Pac start on November 16. No need to move a character to another server, you can just portal to another server now. Look under your portrait.
    Thanks, will try it out. I saw somebody mention portaling somewhere, but didn't know what they meant.

Playing: Various Stuff
    Played: AC, AoC, ArcheAge, BDO, CoX, EQ2, Eve, GW, LotRO, Ryzom, SWG, SWtOR, Vanguard, WoW, Etc.

• WockyCCWockyCC Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited November 2016
    I know that companies don't usually show info about server populations, was just wondering if there's any indication of pop. sizes on the NA servers.
    NA servers are at low to medium after expansion release. Based on Steam charts, "peak" appears up by 20% in total. Still not many. English EU doesn't seem to have budged above "low"

Don't be fooled on logon. All players are ported to ONE shard - so all 6 shards are on one when you log on to give the appearance of being busy. It does make questing easier as you can shard-hop if not enough mobs on current shard to a choice of 5 other mostly empty ones.

many things are buggy, some things not added yet, some things disabled.

only content right now is basically questing, 2 new dungeons and 1 x re-used dungeon. No raid. 4 questing zones. You will need 160% pots unless you plan on grinding the last 300 million xp points from 69 to 70 till your eyes bleed.

You will see many fewer people this coming weekend and less after that.

twitter @WockyCC | you-tube: WockyCC

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    edited December 2016
    WockyCC said:
    Based on Steam charts, "peak" appears up by 20% in total. Still not many. English EU doesn't seem to have budged above "low"

Don't be fooled on logon. All players are ported to ONE shard - so all 6 shards are on one when you log on to give the appearance of being busy
    Um, say no more. Based on the Steam charts? Who uses Steam to play Rift? It's obvious that you haven't been informed that most players use the Glyph client to play Rift, I do. I feel that Rift is overpopulated, but I've noticed players from other shards that are on my shard "Hailol". So, you may be right about players being ported to one shard (I pretty much figured that). However, this is Tempest Bay, which was a ghost town before the expansion, now look at it. :/ I preferred it as a ghost town, actually. The only thing that ever mattered to me is my FPS; I play solo.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    WockyCC said:
    Based on Steam charts, "peak" appears up by 20% in total. Still not many. English EU doesn't seem to have budged above "low"

Don't be fooled on logon. All players are ported to ONE shard - so all 6 shards are on one when you log on to give the appearance of being busy
    Um, say no more. Based on the Steam charts? Who uses Steam to play Rift? It's obvious that you haven't been informed that most players use the Glyph client to play Rift, I do. I feel that Rift is overpopulated, but I've noticed players from other shards that are on my shard "Hailol". So, you may be right about players being ported to one shard (I pretty much figured that). However, this is Tempest Bay, which was a ghost town before the expansion, now look at it. :/ I preferred it as a ghost town, actually. The only thing that ever mattered to me is my FPS; I play solo.
    RIFT overpopulated?

I have heard it all now. rofl
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2016
    WockyCC said:

RIFT overpopulated?

He forgot to mention that Rift allows you to play freely on any shard, so that's everyone from all the other shards joining together.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom736x3aee853aee85eb9782028cb6e4e3209a5a18e1jpg

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    WockyCC said:
    NA servers are at low to medium after expansion release. Based on Steam charts, "peak" appears up by 20% in total. Still not many. English EU doesn't seem to have budged above "low"

Don't be fooled on logon. All players are ported to ONE shard - so all 6 shards are on one when you log on to give the appearance of being busy. It does make questing easier as you can shard-hop if not enough mobs on current shard to a choice of 5 other mostly empty ones.

many things are buggy, some things not added yet, some things disabled.

only content right now is basically questing, 2 new dungeons and 1 x re-used dungeon. No raid. 4 questing zones. You will need 160% pots unless you plan on grinding the last 300 million xp points from 69 to 70 till your eyes bleed.

You will see many fewer people this coming weekend and less after that.
    There is no appreance of being busy.  Either it is or isn't.  what happens in the background has no impact on your playing in this case.  if you log on and there are people, there are people.   

Only if you dig and research to figure out their dastardly plans, do you care how they made the sausage.

Just eat it.  you'll be happier.  Of course if you have heartburn with the game, then you won't enjoy the sausage and you won't want others to enjoy theirs either.

I self identify as a monkey.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Albatroes said:
    WockyCC said:

RIFT overpopulated?

He forgot to mention that Rift allows you to play freely on any shard, so that's everyone from all the other shards joining together.
    Plus that screen is taken infront of the bank and guild bank NPCs, where obviously alot is going on when a new expansion starts.
    Sorting, storing, selling, clearing the bags is what naturally happens alot at this point of an xpack.

If the pic shows anything, it's that players from all servers are playing on the same shard to form some population there.

• skurk81skurk81 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    edited January 2017
    EU seems extremely dead with only about 40-50 max levels online during prime time a Saturday night. It makes me sad, cause Rift is (or was 1-2 years ago) a great game with so much to offer.

I haven't really played since Storm Legion, but this and FFXIV are the only two MMORPGs besides the game we shall not name that has managed to keep me interested for several years.

Well ok, LOTRO did but that's not for the same reasons at all.
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    i hear its pay to win now..you win the game at max lvl and pay 300-350$
  • jeatacjeatac Member UncommonPosts: 28
    i hear its pay to win now..you win the game at max lvl and pay 300-350$

Not anymore. It is now Buy to Play but Trion is sadly struggling with the release of Starfall prophecy release. The 4.1 update on March 1st which is "suppose" to add the rest of the promised expansion pack and server stabilization will determine the fate of Rift once and for all in my opinion. Subscribers have lost confidence in Trion especially when such an excellent and promising MMO like Rift was shoved aside for what I see as corporate greed releasing multiple other games including Asian titles that were ported to the West. All Trion did was in the end was stretched themselves so thin in production department that all their games are weak now. Truly a corporate model of how to fail as a "Major" game developer.

The first 2 weeks of March 1st 2017 will either revive or kill Rift I am curious to see how it plays out.
  • Google147Google147 Member CommonPosts: 2
    Regarding Devilian on Eu server and new players interested in this game

After 1 year+ in this game there is few things i can say. Considering population its drastically droped leaving in game max of 100 players and there are reasons for it. Strongest currency is archgems and you can get those on weekly rewards of abysal tower(pve, low archgem count), guild wars and 3vs3 rankings. Abysal twr ranking are decided upon your gear/artif(you lvl this up with gems) and play preformance, 3vs3 is rewarding first 10 of each class and guild war which basically is decided by amount of archgems your guild mates have. In EU server there is group of people staying in one guild named Team Rocket and with usage of multi account software they are controling 3vs3 rewards(deciding who will win/lose match so their guild mates gain points/rewards for pvp). They are soo deep into this to the point that you can`t play 3vs3 match without team rocket or their alternative guild made of their secondary characters(guild name is WeKissYou). At the end of week on list of rewards of 3vs3(which are rly high amount of archgems) you will see 90% players from team rocket or their alternative characters. Seeing this injustice fair and casual players are droping game leaving population with even less players. Confronting them with this problem you`ll end up with a story that those people are new players, but we all know that newcomers are trying to fight in arena not staying afk to let someone win. Same group of players are selling boosts for gem drops giving gear drops(but they keep good rune on gear extracting it with rune extractor), leaving new players with nothing to work with, making their progress even more slower and in this way assuring top 10 in abysal rankings(with high lvl artifacts they got from gems of new players). Administration of game is located on NA sever so they dont have insight/dont care whats happening on Eu sever. American server has a really nice community, they dont have problems like this which makes gameplay enjoyable. Dont get me wrong new players, this is best clon of diablo 2 i ever played(and trust me i played all of them :D) but end game(best rewards) is focused at pvp. To play this game with all functions you must pay 5 euros, but to try out game pve system is totaly free. So if you are from europe my sugestion is not to give money to game cuz at the end you will end up disappointed like alot of players before you, disappointment is not worth your money.
    P.S. you can play on NA server but expect lag spikes on pvp cuz you play from other continent, for pve is all good.