Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New and full of questions.

ArccaiArccai Member CommonPosts: 2
Greetings!
I've decided to try this out!
But it's all new to me, which raises a few questions.

1. Max Lv.?

2. Which server is the most popular/populated today in both EU/NA?

3. How would you define a top5 dps class list, with equal status/gear?

4. Are all classes needed for todays dungeons/raids/pvp?

5. Are there Achievements in this game? If so, is it possible to reach 100% on the Total-Progress if you start today?
(or are there unavailable ones due to being tied to old one-time events or somthing?)
NOTE; I'm not talking about difficulty or time-consuming, it's more whether if its actually possible or not.

6. Is it possible to see every available quest to pick up? from a list, or map or somthing.
(or do you have to scan the map manually?)

7. Will quests always be available for you to pick up, until you finish them?, etc; obtain Lv1 quests at Lv50.
(or will they disappear if you reach a certain gap between it's level and your character level?)

8. Is it possible to reset skills/stats?

9. Is there some kind of membership with a monthly fee, that unlocks all the features of the game?

10. How will the latency turn out for me if i start on NA servers, while living within EU?

11. Hows the Death Penalty?
(Do you lose exp and risk of losing gear upon death by players or mobs?)

Really appreciate it!

Comments

• ArccaiArccai Member CommonPosts: 2
    55 view and no response, bump :open_mouth:
    Peco115
  • BigTerjBigTerj Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Hope this helps. Your questions were very basic and could have been answered easily if you had looked at any review/summary of the game...

. Max Lv.?
    A. 70

2. Which server is the most popular/populated today in both EU/NA?
    A. Doesn't matter really. You can seamlessly hop between servers (aka shards in-game). 

3. How would you define a top5 dps class list, with equal status/gear?
    A. Doesn't matter, all classes are capable of DPS/HEALS/TANK/SUPPORT. Some are better than others at specific roles, but only slightly. 

4. Are all classes needed for todays dungeons/raids/pvp?
    A. Yes, everyone plays a role.

5. Are there Achievements in this game? If so, is it possible to reach 100% on the Total-Progress if you start today? 
    (or are there unavailable ones due to being tied to old one-time events or somthing?) 
    NOTE; I'm not talking about difficulty or time-consuming, it's more whether if its actually possible or not.
    A. Yes, there are thousands of achievements and you can reach 100% if you're an absolute savage, but it would likely take years to accomplish.

6. Is it possible to see every available quest to pick up? from a list, or map or somthing. 
    (or do you have to scan the map manually?)
    A. There are quest hubs like cities, camps, villages, etc. There are also "carnage" quests which are enabled when you kill a certain type of enemy. There is also crafting quests and PVP quests and various other types of quests to work on.

7. Will quests always be available for you to pick up, until you finish them?, etc; obtain Lv1 quests at Lv50. 
    (or will they disappear if you reach a certain gap between it's level and your character level?)
    A. Yes.

8. Is it possible to reset skills/stats?
    A. Yes, at any time you wish. The best part is you can have multiple builds you swap between at the click of a button, so you don't have to keep resetting.

9. Is there some kind of membership with a monthly fee, that unlocks all the features of the game?
    A. Yes if you want bonuses, but not "mandatory". If you like the game you'd be a fool not to pay.

10. How will the latency turn out for me if i start on NA servers, while living within EU?
    A. Hard to say really. Lag isn't really an issue until you PvP or Raid. Lag also depends on the quality of internet in your region. There were plenty of folks from Australia I played with on NA servers and they had no major issues.

11. Hows the Death Penalty? 
    (Do you lose exp and risk of losing gear upon death by players or mobs?) 
    A. Minimal, barely an afterthought. In fact there is no death penalty if you pay the sub.
    Ridelynn
  • virpyrevirpyre Member UncommonPosts: 3
    edited June 2017
    I have been playing RIFT for a few years and this is what I can tell you from my experience.

1. Max level is level 70 however New Accounts can only achieve level 65. You have to purchase Prophecy of Ahnket Expansion Pack for $19.99. TRION did have a promotional period where people that logged into the game between May 10 – May 14 got it for free.

2. Trion auto-grouped all shards onto a couple; wherever you start each day will look populated, and will change from day to day. That being said though if PING is your problem then you would probably be best suited to play on: For EU play on Gelidra or For NA play on Greybriar, Deepwood, or Faeblight.

3. While there is no official top 5 listing this would be the unofficial listing:

• 5) Necromancer (Mage)
    • 4) Inquisitor (Cleric)
    • 3) Tactician (Rogue)
    • 2) Shaman (Cleric)
    • 1) Assassin (Rogue)

4. New Accounts will only have access to the standard callings. You can still be viable a none of the souls or the 5th calling are necessary to play the game nor do (near) top end raiding. If you wish you can purchase them all in the ASCENDED ESSENTIALS PACK for $39.99.

5. New Accounts cannot sell items on the Auction house and are restricted to 2,500 platinum. Both of these restrictions are lifted with any credit pack purchase or credits purchased through REX. The content in RIFT is free, most people are Subscribers which are known as Patrons and receive a ton Patron benefits and abilities.

I personally don't play RIFT anymore all my friends have moved onto bigger and better games.