Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New PVPer

FennrisFennris Member UncommonPosts: 277
edited June 2017 in Elder Scrolls Online
Ok, not a new player - I dabbled with this in the past, have a level 29 sitting in Coldharbor, but I'm thinking of taking a serious stab here around now.  Logging in at the moment, I feel a little lost.

For background:  I played Wow for ~ 6 years.  And I played SWTOR for the last 5.  I've played many other MMOs.  But I haven't done much in the gaming world other than play SWTOR since it released.  In SWTOR I mostly PVP but "touch" many things, have played all class stories multiple times, some more than others, have tons of achievements, most reputations maxxed, over 40 characters at max level (or did until max level became 70), etc..  I have thousands of hours played.  I basically like the game but the management and direction of it just hurts my brain and it seems like development resources are getting nixxed; where I've been riding on hope for awhile that some needed changes would eventually occur, I really don't see a future there now.  My history with Wow is similar and I may go back to that instead.

In this game I want to PvP without making newb build mistakes.  The impression I get here is that build and selected abilities matter a lot and can easily be wrong.  What's the main resource?  I like playing non-stealth melee (not interested in FOTM but also not interested in playing the build that is target practice for the FOTM).  What would someone like me that's played this game instead of SWTOR say to me?  Where do I start?

Thanks

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    There is a campaign that is restricted to those under 50 and where champion points are turned off. It's actually a fun campaign and there are several guilds that focus on that one re-rolling alts when a character turns 50.

Because it's limited to 10-49 the majority of players there have less than full builds - no FOTM min/maxed characters there.

If you want to play melee you're looking at a stamina-based build with a 2-HD weapon and either a bow or sword and board on your other bar depending on how tanky you want to be.

However, I would suggest that you start off with a magicka-based healer with a restoration staff and play that for a bit until you get the lay of the land: it's just easier until you figure out what works and what doesn't.

I find the community in that campaign very friendly and helpful. Just get in a group using voice chat and pick their brains in between fights,
    YashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    What class do you want to play? I think you can make a non-stealth melee pretty easily with anything except nightblade.

Dragonknight is pretty good as non-stealth melee because you can get an aoe root, shields, a class heal, and hard cc (stun) at a fairly low level, plus they have pretty good resource management.

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Fennris,

You need to join me in the below 50, Cryodiil Vivec Campaign... other then that we need to move your story to the SWTOR forum since you said SWTOR more than is allowed in this forum!

cya in Cryodiil Vivec... and I will gank you if you aren't EP!

Sz  :)