Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Team Members Bring a Wealth of Experience - Ashes of Creation - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNew Team Members Bring a Wealth of Experience - Ashes of Creation - MMORPG.com

Ashes of Creation News - Intrepid Studios is growing according to today's Ashes of Creation press announcement. Five new members have joined up that bring development experience from EverQuest to H1Z1. In addition, Panopticon Labs has been brought on board to assist the team with fraud prevention and detection mechanisms. These will be systems designed especially for Ashes of Creation.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BigDallyBigDally Member CommonPosts: 1
    Great news! With KS nearing the $3 Mil mark this game is really shaping up nicely.
    itchmon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Akil Hooper is a big name in the industry. Good hire.

yep, new vegas rocked <3

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• BlackcatZeroBlackcatZero Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Good News
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    They already have way more to show than Dark & Light.
    XarkoYoofaloofKyleranSovrath
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Wife and I just upped our pledges to pioneer. Happy to do so :)
  • trutheternaltrutheternal Member CommonPosts: 1
    Really fantastic news. Ashes is bringing hope!
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Interesting.. still waiting on the Producer announcement that Steven teased a few days ago. But this is a much more solid base to build on than they previously had.
    PottedPlant22

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Good job guys keep it up let's make a game that ppl will love and enjoy for years

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Am I the only one seeing this thread of positivity with a piano playing and slow page scroll as we remember the blind optimism that inevitably still lead to another failed MMO?
    Mayhem1222
  • PresciencePrescience Member UncommonPosts: 255
    edited June 2017
    This is great news and increases their chances of success.

Suzie, was this article sponsored, just curious?
  • MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Steven should also hire some asian dudes as they seem to accomplish what western world has failed in considering making games. Some serious industry there.
    But i think this move of hiring stellar names is just about marketing again. It made me think of pledging for a time.
    Never again tho.
    Gdemami

beLIEve

Steven should also hire some asian dudes as they seem to accomplish what western world has failed in considering making games. Some serious industry there.

But i think this move of hiring stellar names is just about marketing again. It made me think of pledging for a time.

Never again tho.

The last time I checked the western world dominated the MMORPG industry with World of Warcraft. I'm not sure what failure you're speaking about.
    Gdemami
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited June 2017

Never again tho.

The last time I checked the western world dominated the MMORPG industry with World of Warcraft. I'm not sure what failure you're speaking about.
    That's just a matter of perception. In reality the MMO market in Asia is larger than MMO market in the rest of the world, and it's dominated by Asians.

Even in west we're getting a constant stream of new releases from Asia like Blade & Soul, Black Desert, Devilian, Tree of Savior, Revelation Online. Whereas new AAA MMOs from the west, like Elder Scrolls Online, are rare by comparison.
    Kyleran

Vrika said:

Never again tho.

That's just a matter of perception. In reality the MMO market in Asia is larger than MMO market in the rest of the world, and it's dominated by Asians.

Even in west we're getting a constant stream of new releases from Asia like Blade & Soul, Black Desert, Devilian, Tree of Savior, Revelation Online. Whereas new AAA MMOs from the west, like Elder Scrolls Online, are rare by comparison.

Have you not seen NCSoft quarterly reports? They are the largest Asian MMO developer. It pales in comparison to World of Warcraft.
    Gdemami
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Interesting.. still waiting on the Producer announcement that Steven teased a few days ago. But this is a much more solid base to build on than they previously had.
    Perhaps Steven is trying to persuade John Smedley to head the team ! :D

AoC seems to have recruited quite a few ex-SOE devs already...
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited June 2017
    So it's turning out the way i had hoped it would; Intrepid Studios is going to become a new SOE-revisited of sorts, with some of the talents that had made great games in the past. 
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Great news indeed, lets see where the road will take us.

Vrika said:

Never again tho.

Have you not seen NCSoft quarterly reports? They are the largest Asian MMO developer. It pales in comparison to World of Warcraft.
    What makes you think that NCSoft is largest?

There are many huge games in the Asia that we know almost nothing about, for example:
      "NetEase’s Fantasy Westward Journey PC client game continues to be a titan in the online gaming industry in China. The game boasts 310 million registered users, with a record of peak concurrent users standing at 2.71 million (August 5, 2012)"

http://2p.com/32386482_1/Fantasy-Westward-Journey-Testifies-to-the-Strength-of-Chinas-Leading-Game-Compa-by-exist.htm
    Megilindir

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

No.

We always mark sponsored content. 

A.L.W.A.Y.S.
    GazimoffPrescienceVrikaSirLornForgrimmlaserit

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:

No.

A.L.W.A.Y.S.

Thanks for letting me know, Suzie. Great article.
    SBFord said:

No.

A.L.W.A.Y.S.
    A.L.W.A.Y.S. = Actually Looking for Ways to Acquire a Yacht or a Submarine?
    Kyleran

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223

Vrika said:

Never again tho.

Company earnings or 10+ years of WoW history proves nothing here. World is changing and asians dominate the industry, with a large margin.
    It is a fact that they have a larger industry than Westerners do.
    And they make better games, maybe just not with better style, for you.

beLIEve

• SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212
    All this effort you are putting in Meg, why not go dig up why these folks needed jobs, or did they!? Lol I mean go get some ammo son....so you like eastern developers, awesome! So, we won't be seeing you in Ashes then?! That's too bad =/
  • ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    really who gives a shit if its asian or westerns, a good cat is a cat regardless if its white or black or ginger as long as it catches mice:p

now back fo aoc, i am still not convinced this is gonna be the holy grail as there has been too much failures with mmorpg, wow being a rare phenomenon...