Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a new MMORPG to play

DatGuyAshDatGuyAsh Member UncommonPosts: 12
Hello,

I am looking for a new MMORPG to play.. stopped playing games for a while but got the urge to start playing again.
Any MMORPG recommendations? 

Must be Free to Play, active.
Go ahead and share those MMORPG I think I should start/try out. :dizzy:

Thank you.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Revelation Online is newest F2P.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DatGuyAshDatGuyAsh Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Kyleran said:
    Revelation Online is newest F2P.
    Any good? Seen videos of it, not played yet though.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    It depends on what types of games you like.

If you want fantasy games with some action I would go for GW2 or BDO, good games and while I think you would have to buy something sooner or later (like GW2s expansion) you can play a long time for free.

There is also ESO but there the "optional" subscription is more or less a must after a few weeks.

If you want something closer to Wow then there is Rift. For sci-fi there is TOR but same thing there with the "optional" sub.

TERA has a great F2P model but the difficulty is so low my cat can play it for the first 30 levels or so, it takes some patience to get beyond that.
    I should point out I am looking more for a PVE/Dungeon MMORPG. 
    BDO is more of a PVP MMORPG right?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    LOTRO
  • cjwilkecjwilke Member UncommonPosts: 6
    ESO sub is not at all a 'must'. You can get ESO for $10-20 and you will get probably 300+ hours out of it. Great immersive world, great combat, best dungeons in the business IMO. Sub gets you some perks and if you want the newer content you'll have to sub or buy the DLC but that is also not a 'must' and a long way off if just starting out. GW2 is also a great choice and can easily give you 300+ hours, but dungeons are minimal. BDO is very niche...you either love it or hate it. It is much more sandbox with tons of micromanaging little minigames and not very good questing and virtually no dungeons.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    DatGuyAsh said:
    Yeah, dungeons ain't it strongest point. Well, Guildwars 2 still works, while most of the dungeons are a bit easy after a few nerfs too many it do have the fractals that basically are a whole bunch of smaller and harder dungeons you run a few in a row.

But that depends, GW2 lacks the huge item stat range that Wow have and if it is constant gear upgrades at max level you want you need to look elsewhere.

Can't say I run that many dungeons in Rift myself but it seems to be a pretty good choice for something closer to Wow.
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Scorchien said:
    LOTRO
    I second this motion
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    SWTOR

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    PvE/Dungeons, GW2 or ESO or both if your doing PvE. GW2 super casual doesn't suck up a lot of your time unless you want it to.  Both have decent communities.  Marvel Heroes I really enjoy but may not be for everyone.  Aion was fun but haven't played it in awhile.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Is WildStar dead? That has good PVE/PVP content right?
    DatGuyAsh said:
    Plenty of people around a few weeks ago.  But that was when they were giving away free lvl 85 characters just for logging in.  Worth having a look see and so is The Secret World if you can stand the combat in both.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    DatGuyAsh said:
    Plenty of people around a few weeks ago.  But that was when they were giving away free lvl 85 characters just for logging in. 
    That was EQ. I dont think Wildstar even goes up to 85.
    Forgrimm said:
    DatGuyAsh said:
    Plenty of people around a few weeks ago.  But that was when they were giving away free lvl 85 characters just for logging in. 
    That was EQ. I dont think Wildstar even goes up to 85.
    My mistake.  It was a free level 50 character.

• ethanlallaethanlalla Member UncommonPosts: 105
    SWTOR is great, excellent story, detailed world. Give it a shot! My sig has info for a good deal.
    Playing or interested in playing SWTOR? Use my referral link here and we will both get rewards! Including a week of game time for you, if you are a preferred status player! Click here for more info!
  • OrionKnightOrionKnight Member UncommonPosts: 31
    SWTOR, Atlantica, Phantasy Star, RO1?, Ragnarok Journey? 
  • MrTugglesMrTuggles Member UncommonPosts: 188
    edited May 2017

DatGuyAsh said:

-Tree of Savior
    -Wakfu 
    -Uncharted Waters Online

Your best bet is to just download the games you are interested in and play them each for a week or two. Find one you fall in love with and stick with it. That is the great thing about the mass amounts of F2P games out there. Absolutely zero barrier to entry.
    CamShirayuki
  • CamShirayukiCamShirayuki Member UncommonPosts: 23
    MrTuggles said:

DatGuyAsh said:

-Tree of Savior
    -Wakfu 
    -Uncharted Waters Online

Your best bet is to just download the games you are interested in and play them each for a week or two. Find one you fall in love with and stick with it. That is the great thing about the mass amounts of F2P games out there. Absolutely zero barrier to entry.
    I second Uncharted Waters Online. Once you get past the long tutorial quests, it's a lot of fun.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited May 2017
    skeaser said:
    Scorchien said:
    LOTRO
    I second this motion
    And I third it... :wink:
    It fits both the f2p and the active parameters, but if you want even more activity (at least for 2 more months, I mean), check this group: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheMMOBookclub/

edit: last night there was a tour following Frodo's footsteps till Rivendell, so you can take a sneak peak onto a part of the group here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/145417870  (at those at least, who were online during the night :wink:  most events are usually in US timezones)
    The audio is pretty distorted and full of echos sometimes, personally that's why I prefer TS over Discord but that's just me...
    Post edited by Po_gg on
  • HushBlushHushBlush Member UncommonPosts: 37
    if you just came back and still busy from working try an autoplay game like ro journey or legend of nine tails mobile, this is sure fun and stress reliever :)

Let's Play Ragnarok Journey
  • ZionBaneZionBane Member UncommonPosts: 328
    GW2, don't bother with the Expansion, it's crap.. but the base game is really good.