Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The only reason I am still not playing this...

2»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    What, are you playing left handed?  Who does that?  I had zero issues setting my keybinds exactly how I wanted them. 
    I am Right Handed but learned it the way I learned it. When the game released those issues were game breaking. You replied on 20 May, which tells me they must have fixed the issue.
    There are many people who don't use WASD.
    Or can I say the same thing to you? You use WASD????? Who does that????
    See what I did there? 
    Have a great day. :)

Almost everyone, that's who.  So no, it doesn't work the same way bud.
    I have a steelseries keyboard that has a whole left side setup that feels more like using arrow keys, except they aren't on the right side.  They autobind to WASD and all of the other keys around it. 

Expecting a game to cater to your abnormal play setup is unreasonable.  Be a human, learn to adapt.  There is nothing wrong with CE's keybindings.  And yes, perhaps they fixed them.
    Excuse me? Who are you to tell me to adapt? Abnormal? 

To who, you? Smart companies make Bindings work for all types of players. Just because someone does not use the "Social Norm" does not make them wrong.

/sarcasm
    Why don't you adapt to Arrows? WASD is abnormal! 

/sarcasm

The standard is defined by the individual, not how others THINK they should be.
    I've been gaming long enough to know that when Devs DON'T cater to everyone, they lose business. It's common sense....maybe not to you.

I decided to not play CE, because that First impression mattered to ME. 
    Move along now, nothing more to see.

PS. I'm not your Bud.
    Who are you to tell me to not tell you to adapt?  See what I did there?

And yes, to me.  To the vast majority of players who learned how to use a keyboard properly.  It's like people who used the Nintendo controller upside-down.  Good for you, it worked, but you are using it wrong.  You are in the extreme minority of gamers who use arrow keys as a right handed player.  This IS speaking from experience too.  As I used the arrow keys, and did it well.  However, I didn't complain to people that the game industry should change for me.  I bought a keyboard that puts everything on the left side of the board, which feels like the arrow keys, but is bound to WASD automatically.  I adapted.  I didn't whine.  I was an adult and found a solution on my own.  Catering to 1% of the population is NOT common sense.  Maybe you don't understand the definition of that phrase.. 

In fact, I'm sure you don't understand. 

Bud.
    It seems all you are is a Keyboard Warrior trying to force IT's Opinions onto others. Just because YOU do something one way does not mean it's the "Norm" for others or should be.
    Stop your passive aggressive Trolling and move on. There is nothing here you can say that will change my style of play or my right to speak up. 
    No one is whining, it's called speaking our mind on a Forum. 

Be who you are, not who the world wants you to be!

I am sure I have far more Common Sense than you do since you seem to think people should not type their opinion on a Form where, you know...People speak their Opinion and Concerns.
    Why do aholes like you get so mad you start calling it "Whining"?

Maybe you don't like being put in your place by a Woman on the internet.

12 yrs on this site and I rarely run into Asshats like you. Enjoy my Ignore list.
    While i agree that the use of the word abnormal was uncalled for, the word particular would have been more appropriate, it does seem an OTT response.
    For better or worse, most games that have movement via the keyboard are by default setup for WASD, its also no coincidence that the only real difference between the arrow keys and the wasd keys on most keyboards is just of position, i think the reason why wasd etc. became more popular than using the arrow keys was due to the ability to also have easier access to the number keys for hotkeys for various game functions/weapons etc. Its a shame you have trouble using wasd, as i suspect this also prevents you enjoying any number of games, including MMO's, to their fullest. :/
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Avanah said:

Oh no you didn't...

Hold on to your knickers sweeheart, this is gonna get rough from here on out...

Don't say I didn't warn you. I'm getting out of the way before the shit starts flying.

*ducks, covers, and runs*
    Kyleran

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Happy wife Happy life  B)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    I wish it was easier to find a keyboard with no numbers pad!
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Phry said:
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    What, are you playing left handed?  Who does that?  I had zero issues setting my keybinds exactly how I wanted them. 
    I am Right Handed but learned it the way I learned it. When the game released those issues were game breaking. You replied on 20 May, which tells me they must have fixed the issue.
    See what I did there? 

I have a steelseries keyboard that has a whole left side setup that feels more like using arrow keys, except they aren't on the right side.  They autobind to WASD and all of the other keys around it. 

Expecting a game to cater to your abnormal play setup is unreasonable.  Be a human, learn to adapt.  There is nothing wrong with CE's keybindings.  And yes, perhaps they fixed them.

To who, you? Smart companies make Bindings work for all types of players. Just because someone does not use the "Social Norm" does not make them wrong.

/sarcasm

/sarcasm

I've been gaming long enough to know that when Devs DON'T cater to everyone, they lose business. It's common sense....maybe not to you.

PS. I'm not your Bud.
    who knew moving your left hand 12 inches to the left or right could cause so many problems :p
    Some people don't realize catering to the fragile, self-centered minority is never the sort of business developers should ever concern themselves with.

dracomun

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

I empathize with the OP. I used arrows back in the day. But with MMOs, I just couldn't go back and forth easily to type/chat then use arrows for movement.

no harm in her question though, seems reasonable enough to bind arrow keys.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    edited May 2017
    you can bind the arrow keys to movement, the problem is when you do so then try to use the chat window, as it override's the up/down arrow keybind's while the chat window is active.
    ThupliKyleran

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Avanah said:

Oh no you didn't...

Hold on to your knickers sweeheart, this is gonna get rough from here on out...

Don't say I didn't warn you. I'm getting out of the way before the shit starts flying.

*ducks, covers, and runs*

A woman's place in life is having children and taking care of them and household.
    Kyleran
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    There is a steelseries keyboard that I use, which actually has a section similar to the arrowkeys from the right side of the board, on the left side.  It is automatically bound to wasd and everything around it, but it feels more like the arrow keys.  Do research, it helps to solve your problems.
    Kyleran
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    DAS1337 said:
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    See what I did there? 

If almost everyone uses WASD then why do so many people make fun of "keyboard turners"?

#WS/Mouse master race. ;)
    Kyleran
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    See what I did there? 

/sarcasm

/sarcasm

PS. I'm not your Bud.
    Who are you to tell me to not tell you to adapt?  See what I did there?

And yes, to me.  To the vast majority of players who learned how to use a keyboard properly.  It's like people who used the Nintendo controller upside-down.  Good for you, it worked, but you are using it wrong.  You are in the extreme minority of gamers who use arrow keys as a right handed player.  This IS speaking from experience too.  As I used the arrow keys, and did it well.  However, I didn't complain to people that the game industry should change for me.  I bought a keyboard that puts everything on the left side of the board, which feels like the arrow keys, but is bound to WASD automatically.  I adapted.  I didn't whine.  I was an adult and found a solution on my own.  Catering to 1% of the population is NOT common sense.  Maybe you don't understand the definition of that phrase.. 

In fact, I'm sure you don't understand. 

Bud.
    It seems all you are is a Keyboard Warrior trying to force IT's Opinions onto others. Just because YOU do something one way does not mean it's the "Norm" for others or should be.
    Stop your passive aggressive Trolling and move on. There is nothing here you can say that will change my style of play or my right to speak up. 
    No one is whining, it's called speaking our mind on a Forum. 

Be who you are, not who the world wants you to be!

I am sure I have far more Common Sense than you do since you seem to think people should not type their opinion on a Form where, you know...People speak their Opinion and Concerns.
    Why do aholes like you get so mad you start calling it "Whining"?

12 yrs on this site and I rarely run into Asshats like you. Enjoy my Ignore list.
    So, my different opinion lands me on your ignore list?  Don't worry, regardless of whether you can read this or not, I won't be losing sleep over it.  The hilarious part of this, is that I'm not even forcing anything upon you, as I've even given you a VERY good alternative solution by checking out steelseries and their right handed set up.  Trying to help you, sincerely, is not an attempt to troll.  Perhaps, as a woman, you have grown too accustomed to being insulted by men, and your feminist mindset has caused you to lash out by habit, but I assure you, I am not trying to troll you.  Really, the fact of the matter here, whether you choose to agree or not, is that you are in the minority.  Your playstyle setup is, in fact, an abnormality.  As much as you'd like it, gaming developers simply do not have the time, nor the resources, in most cases(not all), to cater to the extreme minority.  So, since this is an actual reality in your case, it is up to you to adapt.  You can stop playing your nintendo controller up-side down.  You can use an actual controller (because the game supports it), or you can find viable alternatives that makes your play experience better(new keyboard).  By not doing any of this, and posting on a MMO sites forums (Not hardware forums, not the developer forums), in my opinion, it is simply whining.  As you are making no real attempt to remedy the situation for yourself.  I feel sorry for your real friends.  If you insult them when they try to help you, I figure that it may be a bit difficult to keep them around..  Especially the whole woman comment.  I don't even know where gender comes into this discussion at all.  And I'm sure the rest of the readers here are a bit confused too.. lol
    Eldurian said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    See what I did there? 

If almost everyone uses WASD then why do so many people make fun of "keyboard turners"?

#WS/Mouse master race. ;)
    Because keyboard turners are doing it wrong =P  I'm willing to bet that most of those people still have things bound to A and D, they just don't use them for some reason.
  • hunbadmanhunbadman Newbie CommonPosts: 9
    Ones upon a time a player's base became too big and turn out that's violated some kind of hidden rules therefore got a ban with out any warning. end of tale

I just want to warn everyone there are some hidden rules what funcom ad-hoc applied and you can get a BAN.

I just want to warn every player who are same enthusiastic for build things as I am before they have the same experience as I had (I would emphasize it I did not block anything , I did not walled around any obelisk, and other players could used my maprooms , roads, etc)

Do not build too much buildings in this game believe me it's not worth spend your free time for this game (i do not have to waste any word for that fact Funcom has worst user support in the history)

Funcom advertised and promoted this game : "build a home and kingdom" so they encouraged you to build as much you want but when you did then they suddenly just wiped out all of your buildings and ban out you from official servers without any warring

because you violated some kind of hidden rules

FUNCOM:

"it was determined that excessive amounts of structures and placeables were being used to intentionally have a negative impact on the server’s performance."
    "Your structures were built in such a way to have a negative impact not only on player’s experiences and performance, but also on the server performance."

Develop better game? NO
    Fix game's engine problem? NO
    Limit palcabels or building pieces? NO

BAN out that player? right that is their solution for a game's engine problem.
    and If you told the ugly truth at FUNCOM forum then you could get a Final Suspension!

So definitely this game is not worth it to spend you expensive free!!! It's definitely a waste of your time to play with this game as they can destroy everything what you created!

If you wanted to play that kind of game where there are some hidden rules and one of them is violated by you and they reward you with ban out from official game servers then is definitely a game for you.

and this is the funcom admins explanation (I put it mine after the dash):

Community Support:

1. Even though freedom of expression through building is encouraged via the sandbox and building system of the game, deliberate use and abuse of known exploits to not only negatively impact the rest of the players in the server, but the server itself, is not something we can let go.

- that is the first problem if more than one players are gaming on an official server then that has already negatively impact the server performance. 
    Otherwise I was not aware I am have been using known exploits (so they should not have called Known exploits because very few people aware of that fact) and if they are aware about that known exploits then they should have fix that instead of BAN out players. Moreover that could be a big problem if someone use too much from a building pieces then that could become an exploit... I would emphasize it again: only one player was able to cause that problem on that server where 40 player supposed to play. 
    If that game's engine is so bad then they should have limit palcabels or building pieces because that is a solution (or at least create some public rule) and ad hoc ban out players is not a solution.

2. In your case in particular, we found you abused this exploit in large numbers, very close together, in baffling ways. Impact on the server was miserable.

-there is building freedom which is not freedom at all because if a player violate some kind of hidden rules then awarded with a ban , very good solution as usual which typical at funcom. I would emphasize it again: only one player was able to cause that problem on that server where 40 player supposed to play.
    that behavior can cause so huge server problem then they should have limit palcabels or building pieces or at least create some public rule.

3. On top of that, your clan deliberately found amusing to build all over the map in a structure that would go from the starter river up to the volcano. A single structure to basically control and gate access to many of the map locations, spawns and resources.

-(other fact another player has a foundation wall all around the map which is starter river up to the volcano (that wall was double long as mien high road) but it seems that very very very long wall did not blocked anything  just mine, very interesting attitude ))
    So basically a Player can get a BAN if player is wearing hat and even then not wearing as well

- So building freedom and build your kingdom is a big lie because if player's kingdom is too big then give a ban for that player of course without any warning - very good solution! For Your Information: if anyone build something then that is inevitable block something and there is only one building rule : do not block the starter area but it seems there is some ad hoc hidden rules and if a player violate then that can lead to Ban of course without any warning - very good solution keep up the good work!

4. Combine 1, 2 and 3 and we definitely had a problem there.

- So basically 1,2 and 3 is about the same fact I built too much and they rewarded with a big BAN.  
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    hunbadman said:

Do not build too much buildings in this game believe me it's not worth spend your free time for this game (i do not have to waste any word for that fact Funcom has worst user support in the history)

Funcom advertised and promoted this game : "build a home and kingdom" so they encouraged you to build as much you want but when you did then they suddenly just wiped out all of your buildings and ban out you from official servers without any warring

While I can't speak to the truth to that, the fix would be run your own server.

Problem solved. Or pay a hosting site and run the server and take donations.

Then you can build to your heart's content.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo