Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In-Game Kaelar and Empyrean Freeholds - Ashes of Creation Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageIn-Game Kaelar and Empyrean Freeholds - Ashes of Creation Videos - MMORPG.com

Housing in the open world in Ashes of Creation. Two houses are shown in this pre-alpha version of the game. What do you think?

Read the full story here

blorpykins

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I had just posted about this. 

Looks really good. 
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    This looks great, can you plop down a house anywhere?
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399
    The rural housing made of wood and brick looks decent - the more fancy structures made of pure stone at the beginning seem to be too perfect in geometry, where you can cut the house in half and both halves are 100% identical to the pixel, which breaks the immersion factor of believing in the building as a natural part of the world.
    zimikeMyrdynn
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

Denambren said:

The rural housing made of wood and brick looks decent - the more fancy structures made of pure stone at the beginning seem to be too perfect in geometry, where you can cut the house in half and both halves are 100% identical to the pixel, which breaks the immersion factor of believing in the building as a natural part of the world.

wait, you mean a perfectly symmetrical house breaks immersion because it feels unnatural whereas a mage casting fireballs doesn't?
    Myrdynndjnj2000Thaosen
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    If CiG released this and claimed it was coming in 3.0 they would get another 50 million in donations....
    blorpykins
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    rodarin said:
    If CiG released this and claimed it was coming in 3.0 they would get another 50 million in donations....

yeah they would.  once the hangar system is completed it's supposed to scratch a lot of the housing itch, but I agree with you... if they released even a concept for housing, apartments, condos, anything - people would go crazy.
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    I Wish this game doesn't turn out P2W
    I Wish this game doesn't turn out a grindfest
    I Wish this game doesn't develop a toxic community
    I Wish this game doesn't look by any means to any eastern garbage
    I just Wish to finally play a true MMORPG
    LeFantomeAlomar
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    At least the 2nd half of the video looked normal. The first set of houses didn't even look functional, and didn't seem to match the feel the of the art style.

Elidien said:

So is it like SWG and houses can go almost anywhere? I always loved those houses next to the Sarlacc pit. It really set the mood. /sarcasm

No, they have stated that freeholds will only be available in specific spots around the world
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    they need lots more money to make a game that looks and feels like a game from the big developers.
    LeFantome
    Raquis said:
    they need lots more money to make a game that looks and feels like a game from the big developers.
    They have stated that AoC development is expected to cost upwards of $30' mio. Imho this is very believable and is the budget of a AA title.
    Distopia
  • Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Really hope this game pans out I've been waiting on this and coe,cu. Nothing out there seems to bring the love of MMO back to me

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

erevus said:

I Wish this game doesn't turn out P2W

I Wish this game doesn't turn out a grindfest

I Wish this game doesn't develop a toxic community

I Wish this game doesn't look by any means to any eastern garbage

I just Wish to finally play a true MMORPG

I don't think you'll get wishes 1-3, but here's to hoping.

• RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    I doubt the P2W bullshit materializes because of the monthly subscription that will be required.