Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online now has over 28K players on STEAM

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,893
edited July 2017 in Black Desert Online

Black Desert doing great and still growing. B)

http://steamcharts.com/app/582660





Post edited by Mikeha on
free2playRamajamaTheScavenger
«13456712

Comments

  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,014
    Servers are getting rekt

    Mikehawingood
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Recore said:
    Best of any mmo right now. 

    Trending with over 300% player rise in last 24 hours. :o

    http://steamcharts.com/















    Do you want any pearls for this or do you have a fat wallet ???

    GTFO that is not an MMORPG, that is a BIG P2W Grindfest sucker.
    Mikehawaynejr2TheScavengerConstantineMeruswingoodReizlaCopperfieldDraemosThaWatcher
    "We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing"

    Benjamin Franklin
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,893
    free2play said:
    Servers are getting rekt


    WoW, its getting worse by the day. I have not logged on today yet but that is just crazy. 

    Some say Black Desert is suffering from low population though.  o:)
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 26,793
    Recore said:
    free2play said:
    Servers are getting rekt


    WoW, its getting worse by the day. I have not logged on today yet but that is just crazy. 

    Some say Black Desert is suffering from low population though.  o:)
    Though to be fair, a new class was released as well as it's addition to Steam, so of course there is going to be an influx of players.

    don't get me wrong, I like Black Desert (I'm in the game now) but it does gain and lose players like any other mmo for probably the same reasons.

    Also @erevus, the game really isn't pay to win at this moment based on it's current setup.

    If i wanted to "pay to win" and purchase, with real money, in game items, it would take 2 1/2 months per top item.

    It would be faster to just play the game.
    wingood



  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 94
    edited May 2017
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:
    Servers are getting rekt


    WoW, its getting worse by the day. I have not logged on today yet but that is just crazy. 

    Some say Black Desert is suffering from low population though.  o:)
    Though to be fair, a new class was released as well as it's addition to Steam, so of course there is going to be an influx of players.

    don't get me wrong, I like Black Desert (I'm in the game now) but it does gain and lose players like any other mmo for probably the same reasons.

    Also @erevus, the game really isn't pay to win at this moment based on it's current setup.

    If i wanted to "pay to win" and purchase, with real money, in game items, it would take 2 1/2 months per top item.

    It would be faster to just play the game.

    lol man,

    Go buy some Arti/Mem Cause you're clearly a noob in the game.

    When you reach 200$ in deposits we'll discuss this again.

    BTW one year now the playerbase are still gathered in 2 spots, Pirates & Sausages.

    Worst P2W game in the market atm.
    GdemamiTalonsinDraemosortheneConfonduExin
    "We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing"

    Benjamin Franklin
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Yep, 15K more and chat has degenerated into something far worse than it was before. You can tell from the subjects that they're kids. If not, then there are some adults playing with seriously stunted emotional development.
    observerGdemamiMrMelGibson
    ______________________________________________________________________
    ~~ postlarval ~~

  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 6,766
    Steam community, better run!

    Now it's a matter of seeing what pop will the game maintain on steam as time passes.
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,336
    edited May 2017
    I would be playing the game but it has region lock on steam. Or if the PT-BR version would also have a Steam client working. The game seems fun.
    ConstantineMerus
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

    "There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,509
    edited May 2017
    15k players is impressive compared to the likes of say, Marvel Heroes or Tree of Savior, although that's a rather low hanging fruit to shoot for for an MMO, I think.  Then again, maybe that's cause I'm thinking of 400k player base numbers from FFXIV at the minimum (or whatever the hell it was), of which 15k wouldn't even equal to a 10% playerbase increase from what BDO already had if BDO has 200k+ players.  Not that I can remember if it had 200k players or not.

    More importantly for Daum's wallet, that's 15k of sales (including proportionally all the start up cash shop sales like pets, etc)
    Draemos
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,893
    edited May 2017
    Tiamat64 said:
    15k players is impressive compared to the likes of say, Marvel Heroes or Tree of Savior, although that's a rather low hanging fruit to shoot for for an MMO, I think.  Then again, maybe that's cause I'm thinking of 400k player base numbers from FFXIV at the minimum (or whatever the hell it was), of which 15k wouldn't even equal to a 10% playerbase increase from what BDO already had if BDO has 200k+ players.  Not that I can remember if it had 200k players or not.

    More importantly for Daum's wallet, that's 15k of sales (including proportionally all the start up cash shop sales like pets, etc)


    15K on STEAM not overall. 

    Not bad for only being on STEAM for 5 days. 





  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,319
    There's worse things on steam to spend 6$ on. Way worse.
    KyleranCopperfieldDraemosYoofaloofWaanCazriel
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member RarePosts: 1,942
    Yep, 15K more and chat has degenerated into something far worse than it was before. You can tell from the subjects that they're kids. If not, then there are some adults playing with seriously stunted emotional development.
    Pfft, you kidding? We live in a day and age where students demand free psychological counseling because the college they attend invited someone they don't agree with to give a speech. Emotionally stunted doesn't even begin to describe how messed up people are these days. 

    I hope for the sake of everyone who enjoys the game that the Steam release does end up being a positive thing overall though. 
    DraemosCecropia

    AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

    We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

    #IStandWithVic

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 26,793
    erevus said:
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:
    Servers are getting rekt


    WoW, its getting worse by the day. I have not logged on today yet but that is just crazy. 

    Some say Black Desert is suffering from low population though.  o:)
    Though to be fair, a new class was released as well as it's addition to Steam, so of course there is going to be an influx of players.

    don't get me wrong, I like Black Desert (I'm in the game now) but it does gain and lose players like any other mmo for probably the same reasons.

    Also @erevus, the game really isn't pay to win at this moment based on it's current setup.

    If i wanted to "pay to win" and purchase, with real money, in game items, it would take 2 1/2 months per top item.

    It would be faster to just play the game.

    lol man,

    Go buy some Arti/Mem Cause you're clearly a noob in the game.

    When you reach 200$ in deposits we'll discuss this again.

    BTW one year now the playerbase are still gathered in 2 spots, Pirates & Sausages.

    Worst P2W game in the market atm.
    Well, I suppose you get what you put into it. I just don't play the game that way. I buy all my gear already enchanted and I don't just level at Pirates and Sausans. I explore the world and play the game on my terms, even if that's not the most competitive.

    But then again my main focus in enjoying myself not being as competitive. The enchanting system is tedious and frustrating so why buy into it? Well, I suppose if one wants to be competitive, but "meh" you can keep it.

    Sometimes thinking for yourself and not buying into what is offered is more gratifying.
    MikehaNycteliosKyleranMaurgrimlaseritDraemosClutch586MrMelGibsonCazrielReaperUk



  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,336
    Sovrath said:
    erevus said:
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:
    Servers are getting rekt


    WoW, its getting worse by the day. I have not logged on today yet but that is just crazy. 

    Some say Black Desert is suffering from low population though.  o:)
    Though to be fair, a new class was released as well as it's addition to Steam, so of course there is going to be an influx of players.

    don't get me wrong, I like Black Desert (I'm in the game now) but it does gain and lose players like any other mmo for probably the same reasons.

    Also @erevus, the game really isn't pay to win at this moment based on it's current setup.

    If i wanted to "pay to win" and purchase, with real money, in game items, it would take 2 1/2 months per top item.

    It would be faster to just play the game.

    lol man,

    Go buy some Arti/Mem Cause you're clearly a noob in the game.

    When you reach 200$ in deposits we'll discuss this again.

    BTW one year now the playerbase are still gathered in 2 spots, Pirates & Sausages.

    Worst P2W game in the market atm.
    Well, I suppose you get what you put into it. I just don't play the game that way. I buy all my gear already enchanted and I don't just level at Pirates and Sausans. I explore the world and play the game on my terms, even if that's not the most competitive.

    But then again my main focus in enjoying myself not being as competitive. The enchanting system is tedious and frustrating so why buy into it? Well, I suppose if one wants to be competitive, but "meh" you can keep it.

    Sometimes thinking for yourself and not buying into what is offered is more gratifying.
    How dare you having enjoyment playing something at your pace and experiencing what you love about a certain media instead of doing what others tells you are suppose to do?!
    barasawaCazriel
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

    "There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    edited May 2017
    If I'm reading the graph correctly, it's only the most popular MMORPG on Steam compared to what can comfortably be called a desert of MMORPG releases on Steam...

    I higly doubt BDO's Steam release will result in any sort of population renaissance.  As others have mentioned, it seems more likely the recent Steam release is the highest contributor to that population graph.

    But if it holds true months from now, I'd change that opinion accordingly. 

    image
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 26,793
    Nyctelios said:
    Sovrath said:
    erevus said:
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:
    Servers are getting rekt


    WoW, its getting worse by the day. I have not logged on today yet but that is just crazy. 

    Some say Black Desert is suffering from low population though.  o:)
    Though to be fair, a new class was released as well as it's addition to Steam, so of course there is going to be an influx of players.

    don't get me wrong, I like Black Desert (I'm in the game now) but it does gain and lose players like any other mmo for probably the same reasons.

    Also @erevus, the game really isn't pay to win at this moment based on it's current setup.

    If i wanted to "pay to win" and purchase, with real money, in game items, it would take 2 1/2 months per top item.

    It would be faster to just play the game.

    lol man,

    Go buy some Arti/Mem Cause you're clearly a noob in the game.

    When you reach 200$ in deposits we'll discuss this again.

    BTW one year now the playerbase are still gathered in 2 spots, Pirates & Sausages.

    Worst P2W game in the market atm.
    Well, I suppose you get what you put into it. I just don't play the game that way. I buy all my gear already enchanted and I don't just level at Pirates and Sausans. I explore the world and play the game on my terms, even if that's not the most competitive.

    But then again my main focus in enjoying myself not being as competitive. The enchanting system is tedious and frustrating so why buy into it? Well, I suppose if one wants to be competitive, but "meh" you can keep it.

    Sometimes thinking for yourself and not buying into what is offered is more gratifying.
    How dare you having enjoyment playing something at your pace and experiencing what you love about a certain media instead of doing what others tells you are suppose to do?!
    Yeah, you're right, I'm a renegade and a very bad man.

    To respond to the crux of his issue, if one were to actually add up all the money and effort they put into enchanting, and failing, they could be using that money on already enchanted gear.


    NycteliosConstantineMerusGdemami



  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,893
    edited May 2017
    If I'm reading the graph correctly, it's only the most popular MMORPG on Steam compared to what can comfortably be called a desert of MMORPG releases on Steam...



    Whats missing? 

    The most popular mmorpgs are on STEAM.

    Other than WoW of course. We all know WoW is #1 by a huge margin. 

    Also nobody said anything about a populuation renaissance. Its not needed because the game was doing great before STEAM.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,045
    15K Players infected with XingCode3 Rootkit... Um Okay, glad im not one of them uninstalled black desert and format my pc.
    GdemamiortheneMrMelGibsonReaperUk
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    I cant get past the art style its an immersion killer for me.

    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,893
    edited May 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    I cant get past the art style its an immersion killer for me.


    That is the same thing that kept me from WoW.  I must have tried the game about 10 times but could not get into that art style. 
    SovrathAlomarExinLucienRene
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Recore said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    I cant get past the art style its an immersion killer for me.


    That is the same thing that kept me from WoW.  I must have tried the game about 10 times but could not get into that art style. 
    yeah I couldnt do WoW either.

    I should say its also if the lead trailers mostly show combat I usually move on to other options. Not that I am against combat in fact I find it fun but I need something more, if I see game play that I did 14 years ago I need to move on.

    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    SEANMCAD said:
    I cant get past the art style its an immersion killer for me.
    Really?  What's so bad about it?  I think it looks rather good.  It's one of the best art styles that actually represents a medieval fantasy world, even down to the goblins and orcs.
    MaurgrimDraemosAlomar
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited May 2017
    observer said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    I cant get past the art style its an immersion killer for me.
    Really?  What's so bad about it?  I think it looks rather good.  It's one of the best art styles that actually represents a medieval fantasy world, even down to the goblins and orcs.
    hyper sexualized barely teenaged girls in what would be completely ridicoulous armour.
    its like the girls from 'Bad Girls' desided to go all cosplay and play with panda bears
    that and the combat is just a hyper expression of the same old shit 
    Draemos

    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,336
    edited May 2017
    Sovrath said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Sovrath said:
    erevus said:
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:
    Servers are getting rekt


    WoW, its getting worse by the day. I have not logged on today yet but that is just crazy. 

    Some say Black Desert is suffering from low population though.  o:)
    Though to be fair, a new class was released as well as it's addition to Steam, so of course there is going to be an influx of players.

    don't get me wrong, I like Black Desert (I'm in the game now) but it does gain and lose players like any other mmo for probably the same reasons.

    Also @erevus, the game really isn't pay to win at this moment based on it's current setup.

    If i wanted to "pay to win" and purchase, with real money, in game items, it would take 2 1/2 months per top item.

    It would be faster to just play the game.

    lol man,

    Go buy some Arti/Mem Cause you're clearly a noob in the game.

    When you reach 200$ in deposits we'll discuss this again.

    BTW one year now the playerbase are still gathered in 2 spots, Pirates & Sausages.

    Worst P2W game in the market atm.
    Well, I suppose you get what you put into it. I just don't play the game that way. I buy all my gear already enchanted and I don't just level at Pirates and Sausans. I explore the world and play the game on my terms, even if that's not the most competitive.

    But then again my main focus in enjoying myself not being as competitive. The enchanting system is tedious and frustrating so why buy into it? Well, I suppose if one wants to be competitive, but "meh" you can keep it.

    Sometimes thinking for yourself and not buying into what is offered is more gratifying.
    How dare you having enjoyment playing something at your pace and experiencing what you love about a certain media instead of doing what others tells you are suppose to do?!
    Yeah, you're right, I'm a renegade and a very bad man.

    To respond to the crux of his issue, if one were to actually add up all the money and effort they put into enchanting, and failing, they could be using that money on already enchanted gear.


    From reading your pieces I had that impression too - I mean about the enchanting system.
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

    "There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • rangharranghar Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Renoaku said:
    15K Players infected with XingCode3 Rootkit... Um Okay, glad im not one of them uninstalled black desert and format my pc.
    I really hope you are joking.  XingCode3 works by knowing about cheats in advance.  It looks at actively running programs, and recently run programs for blacklisted cheat programs.  It doesn't send out your private information, and it most definitely doesn't provide root access to the people who made it.  Calling it a rootkit would imply that it is well made, but it definitely is not.  XingCode3 is so bad that you used to be able to just not launch the game with admin mode and XingCode3 couldn't detect anything.  Stop giving them more credit than they deserve.  It's a piss poor cheat detection process, not a rootkit.
    orthene

    Ranghar LoD
    Lords of Death

Sign In or Register to comment.