Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation using Assets from "MMO Starter Kit"?

PresciencePrescience Member UncommonPosts: 255

Here is the MMO Starter Kit. Notice the health bars and inventory. You can purchase it here.

Here are images of the assets in the Monster Coin System Preview

PonziniDistopiaRamajamaSkymourneDullahankadajvolajuGdemamiLarakScarahMrMelGibsonand 1 other.

Comments

• PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506
    edited May 2017
    LOL It is a fucking bar with some text on it. Not to mention that is an obvious placeholder UI which they have mentioned themselves. Holy shit you are really grasping at straws.

It doesn't even look the fucking same.
    SkymourneCopperfieldExcessionkillerqueer
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I don't see any similarity. A bar is a bar in any system.
  • PresciencePrescience Member UncommonPosts: 255
    Ponzini said:
    LOL It is a fucking bar with some text on it. Not to mention that is an obvious placeholder UI which they have mentioned themselves. Holy shit you are really grasping at straws.

It doesn't even look the fucking same.
    I'm pretty sure that is the MMO Starter kit. You can tell by the inventory 5x5. If it is, it seems pretty lazy to use a $95 asset from Sellfy: https://sellfy.com/p/fo6a/

Placeholder or not first impressions are important. 
    PhryExcessioncielykillerqueer
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited May 2017

You mean like when a person deletes all of their previous investigative work? I kid..i kid...

When you're going out of your way to find a fault you're going to find it, how important it is, well now, that's a different matter entirely. If their UI looks like this as they get closer to release... sure that may be an issue... Yet now? Could just be a simple placeholder only used to present what they wanna show. That's my impression....
    [Deleted User]RexKushman

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Who cares. Another thread by you that will be deleted. You have contributed nothing to this site other than spread your agenda. Bugger off.
    I deleted my own threads for an unstated reason. I will compile things and make a more appropriate one in the future after extensive research is concluded.
    GdemamiMrMelGibsonExcessionAegirisgerous

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Distopia said:

You mean like when a person deletes all of their previous investigative work? I kid..i kid...

When you're going out of your way to find a fault you're going to find it, how important it is, well now, that's a different matter entirely. If their UI looks like this as they get closer to release... sure that may be an issue... Yet now? Could just be a simple placeholder only used to present what they wanna show. That's my impression....
    Well, would you like it if I bought the MMO Starter kit, made a demo using integrated online multiplayer function, and then asked for money?
    Excessionciely
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Distopia said:

Well, would you like it if I bought the MMO Starter kit, made a demo using integrated online multiplayer function, and then asked for money?
    Go for it... can I be the first to call it a scam? 
    ConstantineMerusciely

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Distopia said:

I would probably be one of the first to pledge... then spend the rest of the campaign researching you, your team, and your claims... and probably pull my pledge on the last day.  But then again you never know.

DistopiaConstantineMerusPapasmervWellspring

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Torval said:
    No, it's smart to use cheap assets especially for prototyping. Zenimax did that with a an entire engine because it streamlined and lowered the production cost of ESO.

So now that you've been debunked on your ridiculous network engine claims as they were answered in the last stream you're onto trying to nitpick minutiae.

At least your keeping Ashes on the front page. That's something I guess even if you don't know what you're talking about.
    Zenimax uses a proprietary engine for Elder Scrolls Online and had no Kickstarter.

Nothing was debunked, it was a vague answer and could be summarized with the same response given over-and-over: " We're ripping out the net code and writing our own. " 

None of the specific server questions were answered and most of it remains vague.

Further, this game has been in production for fifteen months and after fifteen months and claims of a proprietary back-end they release a demo video using the same assets from an "MMO Starter Kit" and utilize the integrated netcode for the demonstration. Where did fifteen months go? 

Mark Jacobs had an entire engine in the works by that point with demonstrations and didn't pay for assets on a forum.

Fifteen Months. No back-end, bought assets, do you see the problem?

Excession
    Torval said:
    Nope. I just see someone who isn't a developer trying to hold a technical conversation about things they no nothing about.

So why did you delete all those posts. What do you have to hide? You keep avoiding your agenda and moving goal posts. If anyone is suspect here, it's you and your smoke and mirrors comments.
    You just stated " no nothing about. " I believe the word is "know".

I'm not really sure I'm willing to argue with you anymore now.
    ConstantineMerusExcession

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Torval said:
    Nope. I just see someone who isn't a developer trying to hold a technical conversation about things they no nothing about.

So why did you delete all those posts. What do you have to hide? You keep avoiding your agenda and moving goal posts. If anyone is suspect here, it's you and your smoke and mirrors comments.

Why do you care so much about this game?
    Probably the same reasons you do.
    Excession

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Torval said:

Why do you care so much about this game?
    Probably the same reasons you do.
    That is not true.
    How do you know that?
    Excession

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• skullhead51skullhead51 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    edited May 2017
    The only things I know that are using bought assets or tools of the engine are some of the spell effects.  Regarding health bars and inventory systems I don't see why it matters since they all function alike.  A placeholder inventory can be so basic without a ton of functionality it would be pretty trivial to make.  If they don't have the networking done, it could literally be an array of objects with a fancy GUI.
    Kyleran
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    LOL, OP really grasping at straws now.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Torval said:
    Torval said:

Yes, I type very fast and make spelling and grammar errors all the time.

You should probably go with that thought because it's the best argument you've had on this site yet. Everything else you've posted is total rubbish.
    Once the best someone has is to criticize another person's grammar, punctuation or spelling they've basically conceded the argument.
    ConstantineMerusPreparedExcession

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    game look like it made out off RPG maker , that why I never back up any kickstarter, ANY... happy with morrowind now.

• ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 96

Zenimax uses a proprietary engine for Elder Scrolls Online and had no Kickstarter.
    According to http://http//www.heroengine.com/he-games  Elder Scrolls Online uses HeroEngine - which any team can use.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

According to http://http//www.heroengine.com/he-games  Elder Scrolls Online uses HeroEngine - which any team can use.

Hi, folks. When we began development for ESO, we licensed the HeroEngine so that we could hit the ground running. We used it as a tool for things like area prototypes and design concepts so that we could begin honing the art style. HeroEngine was our whiteboard: a great tool to put our ideas in the game and seeing them while the production engine was in development.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Here is the MMO Starter Kit. Notice the health bars and inventory. You can purchase it here.

Here are images of the assets in the Monster Coin System Preview

I don't think that's really fair.

How long does it take to quickly use some pre-made assets that are pretty much for function as opposed to having your artists sit down (and I suppose a programmer) and make one.

Especially as they want to get a working game up and running as soon as possible.

Players really are their own worst enemy. They want AAA looking titles that operate like Indy Titles, that don't cost them much to anything, they want these games to be put together quickly and they want them great.

They extol the virtues of tools that allow actual indy developers to put together games but you can't use those tools because that means they are thieves and less than.

It's become a bit ridiculous.
    DistopiaKyleranGaendricYashaXConstantineMerusGdemami
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo