Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New WW2 MMORPG....?

I heard from a friend  that cornered rat is supposely looking for a partner to create a new ww2 online game. I hope this is true because the 1st one was such a hit but lots of complains about it. Now the company has a chance to create a new remapped game with modern technologies in it. I hope this is true because i love the 1st ww2 online game. It's like no other game alive now. It acually feels like a war no a shoot em up type game. If anyone has any more news about this topic or any other ww2 games coming out plz post it here cause i love historical war and war game. Thnx!

Comments

• OltzuOltzu Member UncommonPosts: 103

I have not heard anything about that but while your waiting for this game maybe you should try Battlefield 1942 or Call of Duty if you have'nt. They are both great games

• DeadBoltDeadBolt Member Posts: 2
    I play battlefield 1942 and getting call of duty for christmas.

• ghradys1ghradys1 Member Posts: 3

You should also try Enemy Territory it's a free game that is based on Return to Castle Wolfenstein...

It's kind of like Battlefield 1942 meets Quake 3 with all the teamplay and action you could want for an awesome price! FREE!!!.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by DeadBolt
    I play battlefield 1942 and getting call of duty for christmas.

I have call of duty and have had BF1942. BF1942 didn't run well on my video card and added tons of visual glitches so i took that back.

I have call of duty and both single and online are great. The graphics are awesome and suprisingly the game ran VERY smooth. Besides the smoke bombs, i could never lag it even if i tried lol.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

I play or have played the three games that have been mentioned here, and CoD and BF1942 have nothing in common with WWIIOL except the fact that they are based on a WWII theme. They are all good games, but each is very different. CoD is a little more realistic in multiplyer the BF1942, but not by much, and since the maps of both BF1942/CoD are so small, their graphics are far supierior too WWIIOL. However, WWIIOL has the most realistic system of any MMOG for a WWII game. In fact its the only truley massive game out there. There is only one server for all 15,000 players, that covers Europe from northern France all the way too southern Germany and west too England at 1/2 scale. Its HUGE game, literally! And the players organize in real unit structure and use real combined arms tactics including amphibious operations and stratigic bombing. If you havn't tried WWIIOL, you really should. They have a trial going right now.

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

• BrasidusBrasidus Member Posts: 3

Sup Keogh?  :)

Yup Cornered Rat is WWIIOL exclusively, I can pretty confidently say that there is no "other" WWII project that they are working on.

You pretty much get a whole new games worth of material from them at least every six months in regards to additions to WWIIOL. Some of the things they are working on now are just plain awesome!

People that stop playing for two months come back and go "Woah! Whats this game?"  ;)

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Yeah.  You can't really compare WWIIOL to CoD or BF1942.  I love all these games too...but WWII Online is more like a WWII Simulator...and the others are like Doom in a WWII setting image

Personally, when I stand back and look at WWII Online I think the game is quite amazing...

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.