Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Monster Coin System

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    yeah, it's like Monster Play although apparently the stakes will be much higher, i.e. can be used concurrently with a siege to bring total mayhem.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2017
    Torval said:
    That looks pretty cool. In the last livestream they explained that you could negatively impact a node with Monster Coins, but not actually fully destroy or delevel it. That is reserved for siege level events.

I'm curious how we'll earn these because I can see this being a popular activity. Total mayhem.
    Well, naming them "coins" implies you earn, trade or buy them.

From "where" (or how) is the real question now, isn't it?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• skullhead51skullhead51 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    edited May 2017
    Galadourn said:
    yeah, it's like Monster Play although apparently the stakes will be much higher, i.e. can be used concurrently with a siege to bring total mayhem.
    The monster coins can only be used during random/preset events.  Players have no control over when the event will occur, only if they want to participate as the antagonist(s) in that event. If you don't use your monster coin, someone else will to take up that spot.  Since you can get these monster tokens via cash shop (mob drops too) it would be considered p2w if players could spam these and have huge impact on the game.  The reward for completing the objective as the monster(s) would be cosmetics and same for players that successfully kill the monster(s) since the cash shop is strictly cosmetics (monster tokens = chance to get unique event cosmetics).  Also negative effects on nodes or xp to the node respectively as it is still a server based event that would occur with an NPC boss/mobs otherwise (not entirely sure on this).
    Kyleran