Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO Conversation with the Ashes of Creation Team - Ashes of Creation Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Thanks for the kind words. Yes I did ask questions specifically for the MMORPG.com crowd that may have been answered before but I asked them because that's who my target audience is.
    Wellspring
    edited May 2017
    No offense was taken. And glad to see you read the blog! I was happy they answered the finance questions and didn't dance around them. I'm interested to see who they hire on as a producer. I hope it's not a Daybreak or SOE alum. They already have a lot of those on the team and I'd like them to not be too homogenized.
    GaladournSlapshot1188

8 minutes in and Grak is asking about the money...

Show me the money Jerry.
    Slapshot1188Phaserlight
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Grakulen said:
    No offense was taken. And glad to see you read the blog! I was happy they answered the finance questions and didn't dance around them. I'm interested to see who they hire on as a producer. I hope it's not a Daybreak or SOE alum. They already have a lot of those on the team and I'd like them to not be too homogenized.
    Good point... the way they were teasing it makes me think this is a "name" we should recognize. That could go a long way to calming concerns about experience.  It will be interesting to see who it is.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Great interview @Grakulen ! You had a lot of great questions, that were well in tune with concerns of the mmorpg.com audience. Thanks for looking out for us!
    Grakulen
    --------------------------------------------

Torval said:

There was a discussion about pvp and ganking that I thought was interesting. It's in the middle of the node discussion around the caravans and group pvp.

Grak asked if you're trying to transport a caravan can some asshat come and gank you and take all your shtuff.

The short answer is no. The long answer is that caravans are intended for large scale goods transportation and will be more of a group interactive event.

This segued into a discussion about ganking in general. People can gank you. Flag off doesn't mean pvp safe. Someone could gank you, but it will be important for them to have a reason for it because there are strong penalties for murdering. The point is to make it more expensive and pragmatically consequential for a player to enact this on another that doing so willy nilly will be undesirable and extremely costly and not just monetarily.

This is similar to the flagging system in Lineage 1 (and L2 if I remember right) in that players will get a negative type of counter (like karma/chaos) for killing innocents. There will be consequences for that, but it's also an option to play just not an easy one.

If you are going to have free for all PVP you need to have strong controls in place or it just devolves into a gankfest.
    [Deleted User]PhaserlightKyleran