Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access Review - Warring With Friends - Tiger Knight Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageEarly Access Review - Warring With Friends - Tiger Knight Review - MMORPG.com

Does Tiger Knight have what it takes to lure you onto its battlefield? Find out in our early access review?

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• hellzerhellzer Member UncommonPosts: 19
    edited January 2017
    Judging the game based on someones review? [mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    hellzer said:
    Judging the game based on someones review? You guys are idiots.
    Um...this is our review based on Victor's game play experience. Some find these things helpful but perhaps you don't, though I wouldn't stoop to calling anyone in a similar frame of mind an "idiot". My mom taught me better. ;)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221
    That's pretty much sums it up. I played the game for the first two months pretty regularly, but now I don't bother to log in at all. You get penalized far to much with MM while "playing with friends". They have a great base for an awesome game but have a lot of issues to fix before it carries any player retention.
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Weird to put blame on a game because of your lag issue...The combat also feels good to me, it sounds like you need practice. I have 2 friends who can score ss in the parry training, and block almost every hit from the end boss in hard mode. The upgrading is also far from a grind, with the VIP cards you constantly get for free just by playing you can easily achieve max lvl troops in less than a month of casual play. The problems with the game are lack of maps, and lack of player base...I blame the bots.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited January 2017
    Its a good thing that I dont care how this or any other website scores a game. I have played it since it released and still play it off and on and still enjoy it. Only play the team death match though not the modes with bots which is from what I hear gets the bad match making problems. They did a really good job taking Mount and Blades combat as a base and adding new stuff to it like combos and charge etc. And they still regularly update the game, keep in mind its still a work in progress. Even though the game is free I bought about $25 in dlc content and have no regrets unlike some other EA game I had to pay to even try it and now am chock full of regrets coughrepopcough.
  • druezdruez Member UncommonPosts: 120
    That was a pretty weak review. Like the grind comment. I won't bother to look it up, but I doubt they hammered World of Tanks. I mean it is the same type of level up process that WoT uses. For an early access game, it is pretty good. They are constantly making improvements and I think the game is progressing nicely. The combat is fantastic and very engaging. Biggest problem with this game is not alot people know about it. Also they need to finish the meta game and the territory capturing/clan wars. Overall, it is the way early access should be designed. I hope they review this again in a six months.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I noticed this game awhile back,it did interest me.

However my first Q was p2w and seems most were saying no way back in October.

This is sort of a good time to point out how these pvp games fails so badly in such short order and why pvp is just such a bad idea.
    1 30% with VIp to me IS p2w,i have no idea how so many were defending it saying it is not p2w.
    2 Early access is bad because the game way back in October was full of lag and apparently nothing has been done about it in what...4 months?
    3 Anyone who wants to jump in NOW or in the future would be so far behind,pvp would be out of the question.
    4 I heard months ago players were already complaining once Elite status troops,they had not much to do anymore.

The whole big bundled picture is that this type of game is so full of problem areas that sooner or later will lead players to leave.In October people were saying NO p2p,it is fun...great to play,so now it seems most have left,so really how good was it or is it now?

The other part about EA and packages,is that it really seems little has been done since they released it,which sort of confirms what i always state and that is these games are NOT EA,that is just a title/gimmick devs are all using now a days.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204

Wizardry said:

This is sort of a good time to point out how these pvp games fails so badly in such short order and why pvp is just such a bad idea.

1 30% with VIp to me IS p2w,i have no idea how so many were defending it saying it is not p2w.

3 Anyone who wants to jump in NOW or in the future would be so far behind,pvp would be out of the question.

PvP is a bad idea? Yeah....said a good portion of the most played games on the planet. Get real dude....

saying it's p2w because of VIP cards is kinda misleading. You never play with people more than one troop level above you, maybe two if you are in a group, and troop level is really all that matters in PvP... Everyone has access to the same gear, pay or no pay. So it really doesn't matter how fast you level...you don't get some insanse advantage that lets you go noob stomping, you play with other high levels. You also get shit tons of VIP cards for free.

Have you even played this game you are complaining about? You can jump in at any time and play with people on a pretty equal footing. I started only a few weeks ago and MVP in many games that I play...even against paying players.
  • victorbjrvictorbjr Member UncommonPosts: 212

druez said:

That was a pretty weak review. Like the grind comment. I won't bother to look it up, but I doubt they hammered World of Tanks. I mean it is the same type of level up process that WoT uses. For an early access game, it is pretty good. They are constantly making improvements and I think the game is progressing nicely. The combat is fantastic and very engaging. Biggest problem with this game is not alot people know about it. Also they need to finish the meta game and the territory capturing/clan wars. Overall, it is the way early access should be designed. I hope they review this again in a six months.

Hey there!

I'm Victor, the author of the Early Access review.

I will admit I like the game. I find that it's worthwhile to play and dabble in if I want to feel mighty for a 30-minute burst of feel-good adrenaline.

I think what really gets me is, as you say, both the lack of visibility and the lack of a good meta to make the game "stick" better in a player's mind.

I'm looking forward to how the game develops myself, and hopefully, as more people hear about this game, more people will be inclined to group up to try it. :)

Till then, I have to call it just plain "fair" at the moment, but with plenty of potential to grow into a stellar title. :)

A writer and gamer from the Philippines. Loves his mom dearly. :)

Can also be found on http://www.gamesandgeekery.com

• chyotechyote Member CommonPosts: 12
    If you love grinding in night clubs, then you will love this! XD