Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secret World Legends - Roman Amiel on Making Secret World Legends Better Than the Original - MMORPG.

123457»

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Can anyone notice the graphical overhauls they speak of? The animations are still terrible in my opinion. 

While I respect the changes of the skills/combat system I feel like everything else is too similar or unnecessarily streamlined. None of this warranted the kick in balls they are giving to the players who actually stuck with this decomposing mess. If this re-package and restart was necessary due to technical limitations then say that. 

I still call future console release as the reason for all this. We all know when the idiot savants in the MMORPG realm have to convert to console they get super condescending with the design choices.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Not impressed... at all. Not for how they're re-packaging this.

looks exactly the same to me

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    You didnt read any of it did you lol. They said the game isnt even open world, it is more like SWTOR, where you get a group and go into a instance, and they said they are focusing on their one pvp mini game. 

If this is the case,definitely not a game i want to play or support.Sounds like a cheap EFFORT or lack of and a cheap design build that offers nothing to an immersive rpg world.I go as far as accepting ZONES but everything has to be OPEN to everyone and not some cheap gimmick to fight bosses for loot all day and everyday.
    PVP and any mention of it is just meaningless ,takes so little effort to just flag players to pvp it is not worth mentioning at all other than to let me know it is not worth supporting.
    Can we please get ONE developer to give us a legit Triple A MMO and not all these KS'rs and half assed games or promise of games?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited May 2017
    If this re-package and restart was necessary due to technical limitations then say that.
    But it wasn't, neither necessary nor due to technical - and to give them credit they never said that either. At first they said it's for making this great game they're proud of (their words) available to more players (which might be partly true, if their numbers are correct and the "we hate TWS combat" crowd is larger than the actual community was),

then it was the BS about TSW is not so great as they said shortly before ( :lol: ), actually it is on its death bed financially and this move is for saving the IP (which was an obvious lie according to their own finance records, and they admitted it as well on the interview with Justin),

then it was the BS about TSW is not so great as they said ( :lol: again) but now mechanically, and they have to make it action combat because "that is more visceral" and "reticules-R-fun"
    (which is funny from Tilty himself, it would worth a larger post alone but short version, all those design and gameplay elements he is now dissing and calling flawed and blocking etc., the elements which were so welcomed by the actual playerbase for years... all his. :smiley: 
    Tilty was the lead gameplay designer of TSW :smiley:  so when you watch a stream with lines like "we've always felt we could do better", take it with a grain of salt)

And that is still the current official version of theirs, they make the re-package for adding the action combat for their new target audience. But of course the real reason is cash-grab without content creation, because content is expensive, while f2p barriers are quick and easy...

Techincals were never mentioned among the reasons, that's just a small gain on the side, with making it solo/co-op it will run smoother without any engine changes (just like when they lowered the zone cap once already maybe 2 years ago)