Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The only reason I am still not playing this...

AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
Is because I have not found a solid answer to my question.

Have the Controls/Keybind Settings been fixed?

Fixed as in I can change them to anything I want and they actually save that way and work.
Fixed as in I want to change them to my preference, NOT Hardwired into the game. I don't want to use a 3rd party program or have to learn how to
edit an .ini extension to be able to control things the way I want.

Thank you.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    I've read several good reasons not to play this game.  This isn't one of them.

You aren't one of those "reverse mouselook" people are you?
    Aethaeryn

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Avanah said:

Fixed as in I can change them to anything I want and they actually save that way and work.
    Fixed as in I want to change them to my preference, NOT Hardwired into the game. I don't want to use a 3rd party program or have to learn how to

Thank you.

The keybindings are fully customizable.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Avanah said:

Thank you.

They weren't when the game came out. I had to refund it back then.
    Do you have 100% proof? Link to update/video showing it?

I want to make sure before I get it....again. ty :)

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
    What type of keybind are you trying to do?  If I remember right you can't use arrow keys, but other than that you can change most everything.  Not sure about mouse stuff though.  Haven't played in a couple weeks.
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Avanah said:
    Avanah said:

Thank you.

They weren't when the game came out. I had to refund it back then.
    Do you have 100% proof? Link to update/video showing it?

I want to make sure before I get it....again. ty :)
    I'm legit not making a video but I can tell you everything in the link below can be changed to whatever keys you want.

http://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Keyboard_Controls

Hope this answers your question.

I use Arrows to move and Numpad keys, so the right side of my keyboard.

k61977 said:
    What type of keybind are you trying to do?  If I remember right you can't use arrow keys, but other than that you can change most everything.  Not sure about mouse stuff though.  Haven't played in a couple weeks.
    This is not good to hear.

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    instead of going to a forum such as this and wanting someone who is trying to be helpful make you a video or research one so you can sit back and click a button. Why not do something like go to a twitch stream of a gamer who is playing the game at that very moment and ask them?
    gorro187 said:
    instead of going to a forum such as this and wanting someone who is trying to be helpful make you a video or research one so you can sit back and click a button. Why not do something like go to a twitch stream of a gamer who is playing the game at that very moment and ask them?
    I have been trying that. I have been watching videos without answers. Most use Console controllers and NONE use Arrow keys so far.
    It's why I came here asking in a Forum, you know, a place to ask questions and get feedback instead of snarky Passive-aggressive remarks.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    What, are you playing left handed?  Who does that?  I had zero issues setting my keybinds exactly how I wanted them. 
    DAS1337 said:
    What, are you playing left handed?  Who does that?  I had zero issues setting my keybinds exactly how I wanted them. 
    I am Right Handed but learned it the way I learned it. When the game released those issues were game breaking. You replied on 20 May, which tells me they must have fixed the issue.
    There are many people who don't use WASD.
    Or can I say the same thing to you? You use WASD????? Who does that????
    See what I did there? 
    Have a great day. :)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Avanah said:
    I use Arrows to move and Numpad keys, so the right side of my keyboard.
    Sounds like you wanna play like pre-cu SWG was.I don't think that would work in Exiles. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    As one of those cooky inverted mouse players, I'd like to point out that Conan Exiles supports my deviant tastes without issues. 
    Phry
  • RottsteinRottstein Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Honestly just log in and see if they do what you want, if they do then play if they don't continue to not play.  You dont have to post here and drag everyone into your hell.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Only reason I refuse to play is because of Denuvo, and not being an actual MMO.
  • RottsteinRottstein Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Torval said:
    Rottstein said:
    Honestly just log in and see if they do what you want, if they do then play if they don't continue to not play.  You dont have to post here and drag everyone into your hell.
    Isn't he point of asking the questions so you find the answers before you buy there smart guy. You don't have to enter thread hell if it's too hot for you to handle.

I wouldn't have known that you can bind keys if the thread hadn't been made. That's important to me.
    Can't you read the title of the thread? At least this smart guy was smart enough to do that. He said the reason he is not STILL PLAYING is that he wants to know if a feature has been changed.  He already has the game, he can log in and check himself.

It would be different if he said he didn't have the game and this was a concern, that isn't the case.

bartoni33
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Rottstein said:
    Torval said:
    Rottstein said:
    Isn't he point of asking the questions so you find the answers before you buy there smart guy. You don't have to enter thread hell if it's too hot for you to handle.

I wouldn't have known that you can bind keys if the thread hadn't been made. That's important to me.
    Can't you read the title of the thread? At least this smart guy was smart enough to do that. He said the reason he is not STILL PLAYING is that he wants to know if a feature has been changed.  He already has the game, he can log in and check himself.

It would be different if he said he didn't have the game and this was a concern, that isn't the case.

Can YOU read?

She refunded the game because of her issue.
    Distopia[Deleted User]

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Rottstein said:
    Torval said:
    Rottstein said:

They refunded the game.... "They weren't when the game came out. I had to refund it back then." so much for that reading ability eh?

bartoni33[Deleted User]

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    just wait for it to release on console. will be much better then
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I fully intend to get this but lots of problems posted in the forums and I can wait.  Plus summer sales coming up.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    I am Right Handed but learned it the way I learned it. When the game released those issues were game breaking. You replied on 20 May, which tells me they must have fixed the issue.
    See what I did there? 

Almost everyone, that's who.  So no, it doesn't work the same way bud.
    I have a steelseries keyboard that has a whole left side setup that feels more like using arrow keys, except they aren't on the right side.  They autobind to WASD and all of the other keys around it. 

Expecting a game to cater to your abnormal play setup is unreasonable.  Be a human, learn to adapt.  There is nothing wrong with CE's keybindings.  And yes, perhaps they fixed them.
    KyleranPhry
    DAS1337 said:
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    See what I did there? 

I have a steelseries keyboard that has a whole left side setup that feels more like using arrow keys, except they aren't on the right side.  They autobind to WASD and all of the other keys around it. 

Expecting a game to cater to your abnormal play setup is unreasonable.  Be a human, learn to adapt.  There is nothing wrong with CE's keybindings.  And yes, perhaps they fixed them.
    Excuse me? Who are you to tell me to adapt? Abnormal? 

To who, you? Smart companies make Bindings work for all types of players. Just because someone does not use the "Social Norm" does not make them wrong.

/sarcasm
    Why don't you adapt to Arrows? WASD is abnormal! 

/sarcasm

The standard is defined by the individual, not how others THINK they should be.
    I've been gaming long enough to know that when Devs DON'T cater to everyone, they lose business. It's common sense....maybe not to you.

I decided to not play CE, because that First impression mattered to ME. 
    Move along now, nothing more to see.

PS. I'm not your Bud.

Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    See what I did there? 

To who, you? Smart companies make Bindings work for all types of players. Just because someone does not use the "Social Norm" does not make them wrong.

/sarcasm

/sarcasm

I've been gaming long enough to know that when Devs DON'T cater to everyone, they lose business. It's common sense....maybe not to you.

PS. I'm not your Bud.
    Who are you to tell me to not tell you to adapt?  See what I did there?

And yes, to me.  To the vast majority of players who learned how to use a keyboard properly.  It's like people who used the Nintendo controller upside-down.  Good for you, it worked, but you are using it wrong.  You are in the extreme minority of gamers who use arrow keys as a right handed player.  This IS speaking from experience too.  As I used the arrow keys, and did it well.  However, I didn't complain to people that the game industry should change for me.  I bought a keyboard that puts everything on the left side of the board, which feels like the arrow keys, but is bound to WASD automatically.  I adapted.  I didn't whine.  I was an adult and found a solution on my own.  Catering to 1% of the population is NOT common sense.  Maybe you don't understand the definition of that phrase.. 

In fact, I'm sure you don't understand. 

Bud.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    See what I did there? 

/sarcasm

/sarcasm

PS. I'm not your Bud.
    who knew moving your left hand 12 inches to the left or right could cause so many problems :p
    Kyleran
    edited May 2017
    DAS1337 said:
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Avanah said:
    DAS1337 said:
    See what I did there? 

/sarcasm

/sarcasm

PS. I'm not your Bud.
    Who are you to tell me to not tell you to adapt?  See what I did there?

And yes, to me.  To the vast majority of players who learned how to use a keyboard properly.  It's like people who used the Nintendo controller upside-down.  Good for you, it worked, but you are using it wrong.  You are in the extreme minority of gamers who use arrow keys as a right handed player.  This IS speaking from experience too.  As I used the arrow keys, and did it well.  However, I didn't complain to people that the game industry should change for me.  I bought a keyboard that puts everything on the left side of the board, which feels like the arrow keys, but is bound to WASD automatically.  I adapted.  I didn't whine.  I was an adult and found a solution on my own.  Catering to 1% of the population is NOT common sense.  Maybe you don't understand the definition of that phrase.. 

In fact, I'm sure you don't understand. 

Bud.
    It seems all you are is a Keyboard Warrior trying to force IT's Opinions onto others. Just because YOU do something one way does not mean it's the "Norm" for others or should be.
    Stop your passive aggressive Trolling and move on. There is nothing here you can say that will change my style of play or my right to speak up. 
    No one is whining, it's called speaking our mind on a Forum. 

Be who you are, not who the world wants you to be!

I am sure I have far more Common Sense than you do since you seem to think people should not type their opinion on a Form where, you know...People speak their Opinion and Concerns.
    Why do aholes like you get so mad you start calling it "Whining"?

Maybe you don't like being put in your place by a Woman on the internet.

12 yrs on this site and I rarely run into Asshats like you. Enjoy my Ignore list.
    Phrydracomun