Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An Impressive Look at New Moondial Effects - Shroud of the Avatar - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageAn Impressive Look at New Moondial Effects - Shroud of the Avatar - MMORPG.com

Shroud of the Avatar News - The latest Shroud of the Avatar newsletter has arrived hot in our mailboxes. This week, the community is celebrated, a pair of design diaries are included as well as news about the Summer Telethon and how localization efforts are going.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 175
    uh huh... alrighty then
    bcbully
  • RawynRawyn Member UncommonPosts: 202
    edited May 2017
    No surprise, still the same game it was 4 years ago. Same crappy graphics, same crappy combat system, same grindy game where you kill the same dozen or so mobs over and over and cash grabbing as usual. Buy their reskinned new moon dials with glowy effects and sit around dancing since there's nothing else to do but grind and buy from their add on store. ROFL. For added fun come to their BEGATHON, watch them drink alcohol, while they beg for more money so they can get a paycheck.
    AlomardinognLeFantomeAgent_JosephMustaphaMondOzmodanGhavriggkinkyJalepeno
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Rawyn said:

No surprise, still the same game it was 4 years ago. Same crappy graphics, same crappy combat system, same grindy game where you kill the same dozen or so mobs over and over and cash grabbing as usual. Buy their reskinned new moon dials with glowy effects and sit around dancing since there's nothing else to do but grind and buy from their add on store. ROFL. For added fun come to their BEGATHON, watch them drink alcohol, while they beg for more money so they can get a paycheck.

Aye, business as usual with these guys.
    MustaphaMond

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Loving this game so far! I think the graphics and lighting are actually quite nice, nice detail!
    LeFantomeAlomarViper482OzmodanpstegManWithNoTan
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    Sweet!  Which collection of third party Unity assets did this piece come from?
    ScorchienLeFantomeAlomarRisc1911Nilden
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Torval said:

What does that matter? Do you have something against indie artists making money or getting their name out there? Or do you post this stuff because that's what everyone else posts and you don't have an original thought to bring to the discussion.

Funny people like you don't mind reusing the same mechanics in every game but an art asset throws your neat little world all out of whack. No wonder you play the same shit over and over and over and then bitch about it.

but its cool to pile on and regurgitate non-sensical bullshit ....
    VoidfarerblorpykinsSlapshot1188KyleranAgent_JosephNilden
    Torval said:
    What does that matter? Do you have something against indie artists making money or getting their name out there? Or do you post this stuff because that's what everyone else posts and you don't have an original thought to bring to the discussion.

Funny people like you don't mind reusing the same mechanics in every game but an art asset throws your neat little world all out of whack. No wonder you play the same shit over and over and over and then bitch about it.

Wow, that escalated quickly.  :*

Portalarium uses Unity assets almost exclusively and I have no problem with the fact that almost the entire game is Unity modules and Unity art assets mashed together.  They generally take free deco assets from Unity then make multiple version and sell for huge amounts of money in their cash shop - it's a huge win for them!  it would be nice to know which asset collection this piece came from though, I'd like to see the rest of the pieces in it.
    Ice-QueenLeFantomeSlapshot1188Agent_JosephGdemamiManWithNoTan
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691
    edited May 2017

Torval said:

Portalarium uses Unity assets almost exclusively and I have no problem with the fact that almost the entire game is Unity modules and Unity art assets mashed together.  They generally take free deco assets from Unity then make multiple version and sell for huge amounts of money in their cash shop - it's a huge win for them!  it would be nice to know which asset collection this piece came from though, I'd like to see the rest of the pieces in it.

Exactly, Portalarium are a bunch of .. with only one objective. Get as much $$$$$$ as they can. because after release, this game will fail.
    Also, have a look at their $$$ shop.. you can buy assets for like $20, when they got it for free.
    They won't sell the assets $5.. Nahhh. Lets be really greedy and go for 20 to 100!! Or more!!!!
    And we're not talking about the game..
    Post edited by LeFantome on
    MMOredfalconIce-QueenAgent_JosephMustaphaMondEarthgirlGdemamiLyrina

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178

black777 said:

Torval said:

Exactly, Portalarium are a bunch of wannabe with only one objective. Get as much $$$$$$ as they can. because after release, this game will be burned.

Also, have a look at their $$$ shop.. you can buy assets for like $20, when they got it for free.

They won't sell the assets $5.. Nahhh. Lets be really greedy and go for 20 to 100!! Or more!!!!

So dont buy addons lol just enjoy the game, it is good!
    pstegManWithNoTan
  • catnipgamescatnipgames Member UncommonPosts: 17
    edited May 2017
    @Voidfarer, Welcome to MMORPG, land of the completely unmoderated forums where the same half dozen trolls who were banished from the forums years ago trash the game each week! Same guys every time. Look at Black777, Rawynhistory, and Ice-Queen's message history. Hating on SotA isn't just a hobby, it is a way of life! There was a time when I would come and try and correct them and reason with them. Now I try to just ignore them. This is pretty much 4chan of the MMO world so kind of expected.

As for your actual post, Thanks for the kind words and I look forward to answering questions, drinking, and singing for you guys in the next Bega...er, telethon on the 31st! Take care and don't stress if these guys harass you simply for suggesting the game doesn't suck, they do it to everyone. BTW, this is Chris the dev and feel free to hit me up in the Sota forums if you have any questions!
    blorpykinscyxsLeFantomeKyleranMustaphaMondGaendricpostlarvalAlomarborghive49ManWithNoTanand 1 other.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927
    edited May 2017
    Torval said:

Focus on the issues... not other posters and you will find things much less stressful!

Personally, I don't care much if some assets are bought.. since art is frequently contracted out anyhow. As long as it fits into the game and it's not distracting because it's used in multiple games, I don't really care much.  I do think it's lame to get "free" assets and then resell them in game for $25 or $50 or whatever.  But as long as I'm not negatively affected by not buying them... I don't care all that much.

Edited to insert "not" above
    MustaphaMondGdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212
    It is Lord British, so I can understand some internal urge to defend him.....but REALLY!? LMFAO, I feel so bad for the guy, and you there.....trying to point out about playing the same shit over and over...I tell you what, Riders of Icarus is more of a game then this tripe.....which is sad =(
    MustaphaMond
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited May 2017
    Focus on the issues... not other posters and you will find things much less stressful!

Time out: such quips are meant to draw attention the poster, it's the age old class clown "everyone look at me" routine. : okay back to the topic :)..

People make these assets hoping people use them, so considering that it's no big deal to me that folks do. Selling them for much higher profit is something else entirely though. That's more than a bit low standard. Wait... is this topic even about store assets?
    ManWithNoTan

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

@Voidfarer, Welcome to MMORPG, land of the completely unmoderated forums where the same half dozen trolls who were banished from the forums years ago trash the game each week! Same guys every time. Look at Black777, Rawynhistory, and Ice-Queen's message history. Hating on SotA isn't just a hobby, it is a way of life! There was a time when I would come and try and correct them and reason with them. Now I try to just ignore them. This is pretty much 4chan of the MMO world so kind of expected.

As for your actual post, Thanks for the kind words and I look forward to answering questions, drinking, and singing for you guys in the next Bega...er, telethon on the 31st! Take care and don't stress if these guys harass you simply for suggesting the game doesn't suck, they do it to everyone. BTW, this is Chris the dev and feel free to hit me up in the Sota forums if you have any questions!
    Pretty unprofessional for a developer to go on these forums and slam the site.  Would you like it if the site admins went to SOTA forums and slammed your game there?  Seriously, that shit you said about MMORPG.COM is not needed, over the line.. and honestly sounds desperate.   This is from a backer who pre-purchased episodes 1-3 sight unseen and has NOT knocked you on here other than an honest review from when you launched.

cyxsLeFantomeThupliKyleranMustaphaMondEarthgirlAlomarJeleenaborghive49ManWithNoTan

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212
    This is a real question too BTW, doesn't localization usually happen when a publisher for said region(s) has been secured!? I have tried to experience this 'game' twice now.....and to me it is not a game yet, this just seems very odd to be dealing with localization with a game still in development!?
    edited May 2017
    Pretty unprofessional for a developer to go on these forums and slam the site.  Would you like it if the site admins went to SOTA forums and slammed your game there?  Seriously, that shit you said about MMORPG.COM is not needed, over the line.. and honestly sounds desperate.   This is from a backer who pre-purchased episodes 1-3 sight unseen and has NOT knocked you on here other than an honest review from when you launched.

Just to be fair I didn't take that as him slamming the staff here, just the atmosphere on the forums which is on us not the staff... as they pretty much let us get away with most things. Which is what we want..

The staff and these guys seem to have a pretty decent relationship overall. 

Distopia said:

Just to be fair I didn't take that as him slamming the staff here, just the atmosphere on the forums which is on us not the staff... as they pretty much let us get away with most things. 

He slammed the site (did I say staff?).  Multiple times:
    • Welcome to MMORPG, land of the completely unmoderated forums where the same half dozen trolls who were banished from the forums years ago trash the game each week! 

• This is pretty much 4chan of the MMO world so kind of expected.

As I said:  It's unprofessional for a developer to go on these forums and slam the site.

cyxsIselinThupliRawynKyleranMustaphaMondAlomar[Deleted User]

"This is pretty much 4chan of the MMO world so kind of expected."

lol

Distopia said:

Just to be fair I didn't take that as him slamming the staff here, just the atmosphere on the forums which is on us not the staff... as they pretty much let us get away with most things. 

He slammed the site (did I say staff?).  Multiple times:
    • Welcome to MMORPG, land of the completely unmoderated forums where the same half dozen trolls who were banished from the forums years ago trash the game each week! 

As I said:  It's unprofessional for a developer to go on these forums and slam the site.

The site is the staff... at least in my eyes. They're not responsible for how posters here act, nor is the site (which is nothing without those who run it). Hence such comments are about us and our behavior. I read his post and know exactly what he said. Hence my first comment on it...

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    edited May 2017
    @Voidfarer, Welcome to MMORPG, land of the completely unmoderated forums where the same half dozen trolls who were banished from the forums years ago trash the game each week! Same guys every time. Look at  Ice-Queen's message history.
    Complete falsehood, I can't say I'm surprised though, as this is a typical response from you. You seem to be just as trollish as anyone else, you're always out and about trolling those you would label trolls to try to delegitimize their truths about your game. I have never been banned from your forums. One need only look to see. Although, I'm sure you're petty enough to do so as you can't take criticism well and seem to have a child like enjoyment of trying to quiet people when you don't like what they have to say. Much like a child that can't get another to play their way, so they take their ball and go home... You seem incapable of taking criticism of the poor mechanic decisions of the game that involve your making. I also don't post every week here about your game. All people here are doing is telling people our experience with Sota. If your game was booming and had people actually playing it, you probably wouldn't be so bothered by negative feedback and posts about how terrible it is.

I think people should all try your free trial so that they can see for themselves the state of your game. I'm guessing the trials aren't bringing many in to actually buy the game after they do see for themselves right? How many people are even left playing Sota these days, 300, 400, 500 people? I'm sure no one will ever give out the numbers, it's embarrassing. Out of how many accounts? Speaks for itself really how this game is, and why they even let the dev hothead post on other forums is beyond me, but it's actually amusing because people can see the type of devs involved with Sota.

Post edited by Ice-Queen on
    cyxsMustaphaMondEarthgirlManWithNoTancover2xy

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• catnipgamescatnipgames Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Yes, sorry if that came across as a slam at MMORPG. Staff is amazing and the writing is amazing. My comments were very clearly aimed at the forums, NOT the staff.

Ice-Queen, sorry if I incorrectly grouped you in with the other two. I looked at a your message history and the majority of the messages were you criticizing the game in multiple threads. As for your other comments here, I'm pretty sure you know the concurrency is higher than the numbers you listed for total players and is rising. Maybe you don't because you quit playing from the sounds of it. The comments here don't bother me because they aren't actually feedback on the game, we actually seek that out actively.

The line to me is if you want to jump in every single story and criticize the game "crappy this, craapy that", sure, whatever entertains you. The only reason I ever post here anymore is when I see someone say something positive about the game and then get swarmed by people attacking him/her for daring to suggest that they are enjoying it. That is the message I replied to and why I replied to it.

As for the free trial, please send people on over. Let them see how horrible it is for themselves. We welcome the feedback!
    DistopiapostlarvalLeFantomeAlomarManWithNoTancover2xy
  • digriz602digriz602 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    edited May 2017
    Might behoove you if you didn't insult potential sources of money. Just saying. Then you also wouldn't have to apologize to your customers.
    LeFantomeSlapshot1188MustaphaMondGaendricpostlarvalAlomarRawyn
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691
    edited May 2017

Wow, very unprofessional...
    If we don't agree with you, you're bashing. A classic from someone who can't take criticism.
    Start listening and stop being cocky. if the game was good, we would praise the game as much as we can. But nope, you want to control everything and refuse to admit your mistakes.
    When we speak, you don't listen.
    If you're not in control, you get mad.

Children do the exact same thing.

also, as Ice Queen said, numbers don't lie.
    ps: I did not get banned from the official forum.
    Slapshot1188RawynMustaphaMondEarthgirlGaendricAlomarManWithNoTan

• KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172
    LeFantome said:

Torval said:

Exactly, Portalarium are a bunch of wannabe with only one objective. Get as much $$$$$$ as they can. because after release, this game will be burned.
    That is ALL Kickstaters.  ALL of them...they never intend to make the game they promise.  To include this recent one that people donated millions too.  So whats the difference here?  Same shit been going on with these game for years now.  Making millions off idiots...and the world is full of them.
    edited May 2017
    Yes, sorry if that came across as a slam at MMORPG. Staff is amazing and the writing is amazing. My comments were very clearly aimed at the forums, NOT the staff.

Oh.. it's OK... you only insulted the entire community here.  No problem!  And again... I'm a freaking supporter of the game who isn't a big critic.  I've still got my Ultima cloth maps starting from Ultima 2 (because it was the first released on the C-64).  Your response was unprofessional, over the line and sounded desperate.  If you want to defend your game... absolutely.. engage in a discussion about the accuracy of a critic, but to use phrases like:

...is a blatant slap at the entire MMORPG community.  

LeFantomeMustaphaMondIce-QueenAlomar[Deleted User]ManWithNoTanRawyn