Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New low end Nvidia card GT 1030

OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
Not sure the price is very competitive when you compare it to what is available on the market.

http://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-launches-geforce-gt-1030-as-low-cost-alternative-to-integrated-graphics/#

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Might be a hit with the HTPC or people who are wanting passive coolers. But yeah, spending $20 more to get something much more powerful seems to make me wonder why nVidia even released this.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    It looks to me like it's the garbage bin for GP107 dies.  If a die has so many things defective that they can't build a GeForce GTX 1050, it might still have enough working things to make a GTX 1030 out of it and sell it that way.  That could be due to multiple compute units being defective, or a memory controller, or some ROPs, or whatever.  The price tag really isn't compelling, but they might have few enough bad dies to get rid of that they don't need to offer a good price on them.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    At that performance level, I would wonder about getting it over just using integrated graphics. You will get a much smaller package as a result. I guess you could make a case that Intel display drivers aren't very good. With the level of current Integrated Graphics, I feel these low end offerings don't have a place in the market outside of professional workstations.