Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny 2 - Playing on PC - Tackling the New Inverted Spire Strike - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageDestiny 2 - Playing on PC - Tackling the New Inverted Spire Strike - MMORPG.com

I feel absolutely privileged to be at the Destiny 2 gameplay reveal in LA today. Then I realized that literally everyone in the gaming press and influencer world is here, and realized “Holy sh*t… we’re finally getting Destiny on the PC.” I’ve spent my morning with both the PC version’s demo Strike, and the PVP, with my Campaign session coming later today. The Inverted Spire is the first new group content we’re getting hands on with, and I must say, Destiny 2 feels right at home on PC.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    You're pulling me in Jerry!
    [Deleted User]
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Will pre-order for beta, so far unimpressed. They have barely added anything and it's a whole new game. Could have just made an expansion.
    KalebGraysonJeroKaneJeffSpicoliNepheth
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    @kajidourden - They wanted to start fresh, break away from last gen, and get PC. A retcon was needed.
    MrMelGibsonTintagilJeffSpicoli

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited May 2017
    I thought it would look better since they dont have to develop for last gen like Destiny 1. Maybe its larger though
  • dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488
    edited May 2017
    I'm starting to wonder if this sort of release cycle will translate to other games in the Activision Blizzard staple. Effectively, World of Warcraft more and more utilizes this model. It would be interesting to consider the idea that at some point, Blizzard will release a "new" World of Warcraft that fundamentally alters the world in the same way that Cataclysm did, but at a much larger scale. Release this as "the next entry" in the World of Warcraft franchise, at once liberating the team from the content of old and opening up a new release cycle for the game. Not much would change; graphics update, rework of Azeroth and other continents, but bill it as a reboot with no continuing characters and a totally fresh start.
  • Thunder073Thunder073 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    So... This is Destiny 1? Looks exactly the same... Disappointing.

I thought it would look better since they dont have to develop for last gen like Destiny 1. Maybe its larger though

The worlds, which we didn't get time with to play, are definitely bigger and more content packed. The question, which I couldn't get answered, is how many people can be on world with you at once?
    MrMelGibson

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    @will

The worlds, which we didn't get time with to play, are definitely bigger and more content packed. The question, which I couldn't get answered, is how many people can be on world with you at once?

So Bill...how's the PVP, is there open world PVP? Please tell me!!! PLEASE

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

SirBalin said:
    @will

So Bill...how's the PVP, is there open world PVP? Please tell me!!! PLEASE
    Doesn't seem to be, no. Just Crucible for now. 

My Review Manifesto

• GabrielPRGabrielPR Member UncommonPosts: 18
    I like the Supers, you can be Wukong or a Skyforge god or even better Captain America!
    BillMurphy
  • RomeoRomeoRomeoRomeo Member UncommonPosts: 48
    I'm glad they haven't changed too much. Destiny is my favourite game, I didn't want something completely different, just a continuation of the game I love.
    JeroKaneNepheth
  • RedMachine72RedMachine72 Member UncommonPosts: 154

I'm starting to wonder if this sort of release cycle will translate to other games in the Activision Blizzard staple. Effectively, World of Warcraft more and more utilizes this model. It would be interesting to consider the idea that at some point, Blizzard will release a "new" World of Warcraft that fundamentally alters the world in the same way that Cataclysm did, but at a much larger scale. Release this as "the next entry" in the World of Warcraft franchise, at once liberating the team from the content of old and opening up a new release cycle for the game. Not much would change; graphics update, rework of Azeroth and other continents, but bill it as a reboot with no continuing characters and a totally fresh start.

Only if they take it back to BC or better yet Vanilla traits and powers. Having to learn new things in order to use them is what drew me in to WoW. The gameplay and mechanics were great until WotLK and later. I dropped it in 2015 after 9 years as I was just so tired of the faceroll for the win and dumbed down game play.
  • RedMachine72RedMachine72 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Unless thy REALLY expand the story, go more into back stories, and have WAY more to do on each planet than just a few open area quests then delves until raid.... no way am I gonna waste my time on it. I played for about a month on 360 and went thru everything, then dlc's dropped and took a week each for gameplay then I was done. I think they are relying too heavily on PvP being the big draw anymore in many games that come out.....Black Desert anyone?
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    I hope someone can nail down how much story there is for the game. Love the Destiny world and Campaign. The first one was just so short to make way for DLC. :/
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Looking at the videos they seem to be going in more of an RPG direction, multiple races, but looking at the gameplay I still see everyone wearing helmets, so who knows.

Looking at the videos they seem to be going in more of an RPG direction, multiple races, but looking at the gameplay I still see everyone wearing helmets, so who knows.

It always had multiple races. :)
    MrMelGibson

My Review Manifesto

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I'm excited to play this game. I'm also happy to see you guys covering it. I'm sure more articles are coming explaining the game more in depth. I definitely look forward to seeing them.
    PottedPlant22[Deleted User]
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430

This would be nice but I doubt it would happen. Can you imagine the outcry from the players about losing everything and starting fresh? I sometimes think folks don't realize this but this game isn't going anywhere. It'll seriously be going for 30-40 years or more...
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Things I still hope they add: Space combat in the Crucible dogfighting with your ships. A Fleshed out open world that feels alive and has citizens and such. A toggleable 3rd person mode usable anytime other than in the crucible. I know none of these things will make it in, but it's my wish list all the same.

• spidiispidii Member UncommonPosts: 143
    With the inclusion of clans, has there been any mention of clan vs clan pvp with a ranking system/leaderboards or something like that? That would definitely increase the longevity for me if there is a lack of content and it wouldn't be terribly hard to implement. I hope we get something like that.
    [Deleted User]
  • RomeoRomeoRomeoRomeo Member UncommonPosts: 48

Maelzrael said:

Things I still hope they add: Space combat in the Crucible dogfighting with your ships. A Fleshed out open world that feels alive and has citizens and such. A toggleable 3rd person mode usable anytime other than in the crucible. I know none of these things will make it in, but it's my wish list all the same.

Hmm. None of those things are Destiny lol, why would they add that Shit to Destiny 2? I think you're looking for a completely different type of game.
    NephethMrMelGibson
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Destiny on console was a reasonably good game once they added more content to it, on PC it should be awesome, and hopefully not suffer from the lack of content at launch that the first version did, keeping my fingers crossed for this game, it looks like i'll be buying it.
    [Deleted User]NephethMrMelGibson
  • April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I'm also interested on PC, but no pre-orders I will wait for the reviews due to the previous launch and troubles it had.
    MrMelGibson

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    No FOV slider /sob
    Chamber of Chains
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Here is what you will get, a badly designed UI with poorly thought out controls and of course you will have to wait for the PC version.  You will be far better off just to buy the console version.  There, solved all your problems.

MrMelGibson