Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation $2M in Two Weeks on KickStarter, New Stretch Goal Achieved

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Ashes of Creation $2M in Two Weeks on KickStarter, New Stretch Goal Achieved

Intrepid Studios continues to be a money-generating juggernaut, earning two million dollars in two weeks on KickStarter. After passing the $2M mark, the Social Organizations stretch goal was unlocked to bring Traders Company, Thieves Guild and Scholars Academy into the game.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Looking forward to the Stock Exchange, it's doable at this rate.
    [Deleted User]
  • VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Good job!
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    edited May 2017
    oops
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Star citizen2?
    Alomar

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Why is the title something about being blocked from the content ?
    Chamber of Chains
    Discussion / You have been blocked from seeing content on MMORPG.com

Sorry this is the title as I cannot get the edit button to work for me.

Hatefull
    Chamber of Chains
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    cheyane said:

Got it too on the last 2 articles.

Only one logical explanation:
    We have been naughty.
    maskedweaselNepheth[Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Harbinger of Fools
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Dakeru said:
    cheyane said:

We have been naughty.
    Me too.

I guess the move to the open source forums is still having some hiccups...
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Their anti-spambot seems to be blocking System.  
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Grunty said:
    Their anti-spambot seems to be blocking System.  
    So what you're trying to say is.. The System.. Is Down.

[Deleted User]Aelious

• alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163
    You know, if they setup a "you can play now if we reach 5 million" I bet they'd make it.
    AlomarKyleran

(-_-)

edited May 2017
    Dakeru said:
    cheyane said:

We have been naughty.

/sigh quotes won't give me a separate frame. Going to colour this or use bold or italics.

We have been naughty does that mean I was temporarily banned without knowing it but I've hardly posted may be 5 posts since the new forums were up. 

LOL it worked although it looked like there was no separation while I was typing. I know growing pains. I'm not complaining I understand the site is doing their best.
    Chamber of Chains
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    I'll give them one thing, this has been a smart campaign. Steven Sharif knows just what to say to people who follow MMORPG's. He certainly hits all the right chords when talking about pay to win and lotto boxes ect. I'll be keeping my money for now though. I remember this other guy that did a kickstarter way back in the day who was a one time successful game developer and a great salesman too. He had some amazing ideas and talked a great game. Well 6 years later and 150 million down the drain and nothing to show for it yet on that one.

I won't be handing over any money to a guy with no game development experience and who made his money selling 40$ bottles of orange juice to suckers who though it would make them immune to cancer or some nonsense. I'll be taking a wait and see approach on this one for sure. I hope he makes the game he is pitching because I would play it and be happy to pay for it, but not until I see it first.
    guizicaAlomar[Deleted User]crowchuckleTyserieKyleranGobstopper3DPhry
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited May 2017
    heh, game will beat SC and ED KS funds with just a few more hundred K.
  • DrDreamDrDream Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Just another game that is gonna be overly ambitious and end up a stale fish.
    Tyserie

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Total inexperience and incompetence driven by a notorious crook/con artist. Yea that game is going to be amazing.
    jpedrote52Maurgrim
  • kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    Hey!

Look at this pretty bag! It may have in it all your hopes and dreams fullfilled or then it might just have some dog turd in it...WHO KNOWS!! BUT LOOK HOW PRETTY THE BAG IS! STARTS AT 100$/BAG
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    I'll wait for the infomercials before I contribute.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Kyleran said:
    I'll wait for the infomercials before I contribute.

;)
    Yeah, but if you back in the next 10 minutes.....
    Phry

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    CrazKanuk said:
    You get a free hug from the developer!
  • jpedrote52jpedrote52 Member UncommonPosts: 112

donger56 said:

I'll give them one thing, this has been a smart campaign. Steven Sharif knows just what to say to people who follow MMORPG's. He certainly hits all the right chords when talking about pay to win and lotto boxes ect. I'll be keeping my money for now though. I remember this other guy that did a kickstarter way back in the day who was a one time successful game developer and a great salesman too. He had some amazing ideas and talked a great game. Well 6 years later and 150 million down the drain and nothing to show for it yet on that one.

I won't be handing over any money to a guy with no game development experience and who made his money selling 40$ bottles of orange juice to suckers who though it would make them immune to cancer or some nonsense. I'll be taking a wait and see approach on this one for sure. I hope he makes the game he is pitching because I would play it and be happy to pay for it, but not until I see it first.

I wouldn't consider star citizen a failure, they've produced a stable playable version of the game, and they have a huge scope star citizen will be an amazing game when it's finished it will take a lot of time to finish but it will happen. On the other hand AoC seems really sketchy to me, and it looks to be a scam, they've still not showed any type of gameplay, the only thing they I see are Unreal engine art assets and environments with way to much detail for a serious game in pre-aplha, that's not how you build a game.
    Gdemami
    Xodic said:
    Who would have ever thought that you could actually sell 'feature creep' to the mindless masses?

I don't know, there was an infomercial reference earlier, so they've been selling crap to people since forever. I'm a little surprised at your surprise, if I'm being honest. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Torval said:
    MaxBacon said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    You get a free hug from the developer!
    And a complimentary Star Citizen JPEG as a cross platform partner promotion!

BUT WAIT! That's not all...
    A lifetime supply of free paperclips, you just pay shipping and handling ;) 
    [Deleted User]

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    This kickstarter stuff is getting ridiculous....If there arent already there are going to be huge scams in this industry....People are just too easily parted with their money for the crooks not to swoop in on them.
    This kickstarter stuff is getting ridiculous....If there arent already there are going to be huge scams in this industry....People are just too easily parted with their money for the crooks not to swoop in on them.

Again, the failure rate is around 5%. There are hundreds of KS games released and available for purchase on steam right now. I can't help it if you are unwilling to acknowledge that. 

It's more likely that you will be scammed by someone selling you something door-to-door than there is of a KS campaign being an actual scam. 
    [Deleted User]ConstantineMerus

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------