Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expansion Stormblood releases Themesong in new Video.

YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
With less than 30 days left until the early access period if one pre-orders the expansion, and 34 days until release, FFXIV has released a new video with the full themesong of Stormblood titled "Revolutions".

Note:  It has scenes from 3.56 and the Expansion, though I personally didn't see any real spoilers after watching it other than seeing a few new characters; there was one thing that people will notice if they played, but it's too out of context if not.  Though if you want to avoid even minor things, then simply tab the video while listening.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.

Comments

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    With less than 30 days left until the early access period if one pre-orders the expansion, and 34 days until release, FFXIV has released a new video with the full themesong of Stormblood titled "Revolutions".

Note:  It has scenes from 3.56 and the Expansion, though I personally didn't see any real spoilers after watching it other than seeing a few new characters; there was one thing that people will notice if they played, but it's too out of context if not.  Though if you want to avoid even minor things, then simply tab the video while listening.

Has there been any fundamental game changes announced with this expansion? 

Has there been any fundamental game changes announced with this expansion? 
    Why would there be?
    I hate the combat, and was hoping it was changing. 
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    edited May 2017
    We'll learn more about changes in the weeks to come.

While they're doing a lot to improve combat in this expansion -- new UI for each job (which makes it easier to track buffs/debuffs among other things), reworking a lot of jobs / skills (replacing rarely used skills while adding more things to bring them back up with other classes -- such as Paladin in that they're adding an AoE rotation and likely changing the threat stance level acquisition), etc.  I doubt they'd ever change the core since the current fan base is used to it and enjoys it.  There's no real reason to since they're still seeing a steady increase in growth and recently received triple the budget that even Heavensward was given, for Stormblood (and bought a new data center for future growth / opening new servers in Europe).

Some things are being changed to make 35+ button rotations less stressful, such as the UI change, some redundant skills might be gone (DRG's RNG Procs maybe -- just a hopeful rumor), and they're making it so such things as the Black Mage's buffs will be mobile, among other quality of life improvements (likely even a Monk buff extension, I'm guessing... which is the buff that gives them +30% haste on their globals... as well as tank gap closers).

Overall the game's already amazing animations, combos and transitions into them are going to be improved and added upon.  Jobs will be getting skills replaced throughout the leveling process (as well as new skills with the increase in levels) and so on.  Tanks and Healers are especially getting some extra love and multiple revisions / passes.

tldr;

They're revisiting each class, adding skills, making new UIs for high level jobs so that they have an easier time to track buffs and debuffs, and making it so some previous skills that rendered a class immobile in Heavensward now allow movement.  As well as reworks on Tanks and Healers, especially (Paladin was specifically noted, and we saw a AoE rotation reveal earlier).
    Post edited by Yaevindusk on
    [Deleted User]
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
    Thanks for the info @Yaevindusk ;