Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I don't play ESO? and why don't you?

123457»

Comments

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    It doesn't feel like an MMO, it's more of a solo type game. And the advancement system, well, I tried ESO in beta and post launch, the second time really trying to like it, but it just didn't feel like an MMO advancement system. I never developed any particular bond with my character or his abilities. It was just "meh...."
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    The most important aspects of why I like Elder Scrolls single player versions (of which have nothing whatsoever to do with single player specifically) really dont exist in the MMO version and in fact in some areas in my opinion goes directly counter 
    Gdemami

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    1. Group Finder still broken from beta days. I have a problem with developers that can't make a simple grouping tool.

2. Questing, where you can finish a quest by someone else killing the NPC!

3. Bot's killed the game at launch. Now they ban and then reinstate the botters. I get there will always be bots in these games, but ZOS refuses to really take a strong stance against them.

4. No balance in PVP, fixes to stats keep getting adjusted. It feels like the Developers are clueless in fixing the game. What they say this month will make the game better tend to be readjusted 2 months later. Then they wait and then change it all again. Some say this is normal for MMO's but I have never played a game that keeps changing and attempting new ideas every few months. 

5. Lastly, it looks like all ZOS really cares about is the crown store, adding the crates also pissed off a lot of players.

I loved the game and I would get pissed at some things Developers did or didn't do but the game would keep calling me back. This month I allowed my sub to run out and finally walked away from it. I won't say for good but I do believe it's time for a change in people before I could think of returning. Or by some miracle, Lambert and Wrobel finally hit gold with better game/pvp/pve play! 
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Combat.
    Golelornborghive49
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Hariken said:
    Thane said:
    bc i am not into those 8 skills games.
    i have a keyboard with plenty of keys, and i wanna use em.
    This and no Auction house are my reasons. Feels like a console port.
    As far as AH, Try Guild Traders..its the same as AH.. or are you saying you want a literal building to go to..
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    SEANMCAD said:
    The most important aspects of why I like Elder Scrolls single player versions (of which have nothing whatsoever to do with single player specifically) really dont exist in the MMO version and in fact in some areas in my opinion goes directly counter 
    just playing Devils Advocate, I dont think ESO was ever  meant to be a SPG.. the only thing it has in common with the SPGs is the ES lore. Gameplay wise its a totally different animal. I think the biggest problem is that a lot of people came to ESO looking for "Skyrim But Online" when its really not that. Zenimax def did implement some of the fundamental ideas but its still an mmo. 
    guizica
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• 123ffxiv123ffxiv Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I became disinterested in ESO when in beta downloaded the client and couldn't launch. Was hyped to get the beta monkey pet... Haven't wanted to try it since then.
    bartoni33
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    klash2def said:
    Hariken said:
    Thane said:
    As far as AH, Try Guild Traders..its the same as AH.. or are you saying you want a literal building to go to..
    The guild traders are not really a good replacement for a dedicated AH/Market etc. its barely fit for purpose and is a negative factor for the game, having a 'literal' building to go to for Trading would be a hugely positive step forward from what is currently available imo, and a feature that is present in other MMO's as a 'basic' feature. :/
    rodingobartoni33Taneon
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Alders said:
    Combat.
    Same here. Way too boring.
    guizica
  • pappacubepappacube Member UncommonPosts: 99
    taking a 3 month break in order to pay for Morrowind rather than the monthly sub.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    pappacube said:
    taking a 3 month break in order to pay for Morrowind rather than the monthly sub.
    That's a pretty terrible excuse, considering you don't need to pay a sub to play ESO..
    guizica
    Phry said:
    klash2def said:
    Hariken said:
    Thane said:
    The guild traders are not really a good replacement for a dedicated AH/Market etc. its barely fit for purpose and is a negative factor for the game, having a 'literal' building to go to for Trading would be a hugely positive step forward from what is currently available imo, and a feature that is present in other MMO's as a 'basic' feature. :/

I think the bigger problem is the ability to join 5 guilds.  It's a useless feature.  I'm willing to bet that most people either join 1 guild only, or join 5, but only use 1 of those guilds as a main, and the others as a way to sell stuff.  I think having guild traders is actually pretty smart, because it keeps people moving around and keeps cities active.  Now, I do think that there should be a AH search feature, so that you can search through the entire database and find where certain items are being sold, and by which trader/guild.  I know, not super efficient, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives.
    guizica
    123ffxiv said:
    I became disinterested in ESO when in beta downloaded the client and couldn't launch. Was hyped to get the beta monkey pet... Haven't wanted to try it since then.
    So, in BETA, you had issues with the launcher and that prevented you from playing?  BETA?  You understand what that word means right?  No?  Apparently not...
    guizicabartoni33
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    combat mainly

also since i like pvp, or sieges as a focus, i would then consider on how rewarding or accessible the game is towards that aspect

1. long story
    2. long grind to get end game gear VR system
    3. Limited character creation - races and customization
    4. Classes

So I would give the game a try if I could just hop on and get into the end game content, and just try other classes, but becuase I personally dont enjoy other content such as the story once I played through it, it becomes a hinderance, and if there is a long grind then i need to give up that grind for one of the classes and not enjoy others as much

The combat would still be an issue but it would be less of an issue

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• chloelvierchloelvier Member CommonPosts: 1
    Hi! 

I'm a Master's student and If you played video games in the last 12 months, I would ask you to participate in this research survey. The questionnaire is small, it will take about 5 minutes to complete: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeIVwPAVwGQlAHzxk6bE4RpkFkt51dQsNbAwc8g3N7uOTsVKA/viewform#responses

Thank you very much for participating!
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    Torval said:
    Because my damn computer keeps rebooting almost every time I zone or port. Otherwise I would play the hell out of it because it's one of the best mmos out right now.
    its better on console anyways
    bartoni33
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    Borluc said:
    One of the major things that keeps me away are all the mods that allow other people to be more effective.  I like a level playing field, and I don't like mixing player created mods to official content.  Design your own game and take ownership of it. 
    again, play it on console. problem solved