Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Birth of a Legend - LEEROY JENKINS & 12 Years of Yolo - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

GW2 sucks.  You can't play action combat unless you buy the expansion.  Otherwise it's boring.  I quit at level 12.  But I'm not gonna pay Bethesda a dime to pay their hamster wheel rodent chasing cheese WoW clone themepark.

Wtf does this have to do with the topic?
    Lahuzer
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607

GW2 sucks.  You can't play action combat unless you buy the expansion.  Otherwise it's boring.  I quit at level 12.  But I'm not gonna pay Bethesda a dime to pay their hamster wheel rodent chasing cheese WoW clone themepark.

How have you not been temp banned yet? Nobody even mentioned GW2 in this thread. 
  • cantankerousmagecantankerousmage Member UncommonPosts: 992
    Neverwinter is still garbage though.  It's just a less smelly piece of garbage than the pieces of garbage you guys play.  And I can play it for free.  I've already spent all the money I'm gonna spend on it for the rest of my life.  $170-180, 9 max level characters,  one of every class, 5 of them with all epic gear, one that has legendary and mythic stuff.  Beat that you noobs.:)

Also I have a lvl 100 Assassin on EQ2, plus a 95/95 paladin/weaponsmith, and a 95/95 troubadour/alchemist.  Other characters too.

You guys think WoW is a good game.  LMAO.  I played it 2x, once to lvl 60, another character to 50.  Got bored both times.  So frickin easy.  Runes of Magic was way harder.  RoM was the first MMORPG I played.  Only other game I cared enough to get max level in.  That's what it has to do with this thread.  You guys think you're all high and mighty.  Guess what you're not. 
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

And quit trying to get me to play Tabula Rasa!  I'm not at all interested in RTS games!!!

I'm sorry.  I thought we were playing "Speak in ADD non sequiturs"...

Wow is a game for kids and adults who never grew up.  End of story.
  • Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243

Galadourn said:

What's more interesting to contemplate is WHY such moments can NEVER be repeated in WoW in its current state...

What about WoW's current state prevents moments like this from happening?  I could easily record myself and 4 other friends in a mythic+ DHT, proceed to break every egg while aggroing all the mobs on the way to the dragon boss, then die and have everyone yell random shit about how stupid I am.  

Jonnyp2 said:

Galadourn said:

What's more interesting to contemplate is WHY such moments can NEVER be repeated in WoW in its current state...

What about WoW's current state prevents moments like this from happening?  I could easily record myself and 4 other friends in a mythic+ DHT, proceed to break every egg while aggroing all the mobs on the way to the dragon boss, then die and have everyone yell random shit about how stupid I am.  

I call that a Tuesday.  B)
    Jonnyp2sedatedkarma
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited May 2017

Neverwinter is way better than WoW.  If you've never played levels 1-60 in that game, you have no idea how fun an action combat mmorpg can be.  I have an lvl 70 11.9k Item Level guardian fighter there.  A pretty decent trickster rogue too.  Problem is, it has EQ/WoW-style endgame grind, and I finally got completely tired of it after playing on-and-off for over 2 1/2 years.

The combat in Neverwinter is great, I agree with you there.  But every other aspect of that game is garbage.

During that handful of weeks when I tolerated it, I got the impression that the most impressive thing you could do in that game was open a gambling crate and have your amazing RNG success broadcast game-wide.

And then Zenimax hired their cash shop guru to work on ESO... but that's a different story for a different day :) 
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    edited May 2017
    In college my friends and I would "Leroy Jenkins" each other, which entailed: 1) Hide somewhere close by your friends without them knowing your there (e.g., in a closet), 2) Rapidly pound a couple 40s, and 3) violently explode from your hiding place while screaming Leroy Jenkins. Everyone who got "Leroyed" would have to immediately stop doing whatever it was that they were doing and start pounding 40s. It was clearly ridiculous, but a very effective way of turning a boring night studying into a party :)
    zedsdead
    Whatever, they're all just stupid games.  But look, the only reason WoW became king is because EQ2 demanded that people have a more powerful, expensive computer to run it in 2004.  I had EQ 1 and WoW vets in my guild on EQ2.  A couple of them told me that the only reason they played WoW was because they didn't want to get a new computer back then.  That's why WoW was more popular and successful than EQ2.  But overall, even with all of its problems, even in 2014, EQ2 was a better game than WoW.  More fun, more stuff to do, more challenging, etc.

I was able to mentor down my paladin and solo many lower level raids on EQ2.  Mentoring down means you pay some gold to have your level decreased.  I did that so I could get loot from the lower level raids I soloed.
    DAS1337zedsdead
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    KILROOOYYYYY STONEEEEKINNNNN!!!
    Harbinger of Fools
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Great pic Robsolf, an another great version is https://youtu.be/Q0dA9eUP85s  (and I don't even like GoT)

Btw. Goblin-town is a cool place, especially if you kite into the Pit :wink:  leg broken, ugly boss down there... one of the funniest death of mine.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited May 2017
    12 years and i'm still trying to figure out what kind of number crunching that guy did which returned a 32.33 % success chance figure. :)
    zenomex
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

Incorrect. A few option selections and you can play reticle based action combat in GW2 with the base game.

You know this already but saying it for those who may not know.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Who hasn't been in a group with a Leroy? Not usually funny at the time but something to laugh at as a memory. Or that player in L2 training mobs to solo grinders. Or losing your internet connection during a raid right before the finish. Good times.

You should do the "All your base is belong to us" story when you have a chance. That's a good one as well.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    On topic Wow IMO has rounded the bend to come up with compelling content delivery currently in Legion. I do also find myself using Leyroy references in YOLO or face actions in games... like charging in as a tank in ARAM matches to push a tower.
  • ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Love this video. I have to ask though, who yells their own name as a battlecry?
    edited May 2017

Aelious said:

Incorrect. A few option selections and you can play reticle based action combat in GW2 with the base game.

You know this already but saying it for those who may not know.

I actually did try.  Maybe I missed something.  If there's a guide on how to do it online, could you link it for me?  I'd like to see if GW2 action combat is any good.  Seriously.  Nvm.  I found a youtube video.  I'll try it.

Love this video. I have to ask though, who yells their own name as a battlecry?

Geronimo, maybe?  :)
  • FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    edited May 2017
    Look at the graphics and UI setup in that video compared to some of the areas in Legion and the new default UI, yet people still go around saying "How can you even play a 13 year old game?".
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    edited May 2017
    Rhoklaw said:
    If I wasn't slightly intoxicated right now, I'm pretty sure Cantankerousmage wouldn't make any sense to me right now.

No idea why he wasn't banned. This was a thread about a popular gaming myth and he just spammed it with:
    -this game sucks
    -game x sucks
    -game y sucks
    -game z sucks
    Then he added some completely untrue "facts" just to show that he has no clue.
    [Deleted User]
    Harbinger of Fools
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited May 2017
    We had the best controlled "Leeroy" back in my WOW BC raiding days. Right before we went into a boss we would have  our tank who happened to be  Peruvian yell over vent in whatever language he spoke some sort of war cry. We would be like"Okay every one ready, ready check? Ready check good, arkhen war cry ,MEDIHA PUTAS MATAPAS!~!!!!!! 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited May 2017
    I loved this when I first saw this I laughed so much. We were going " I have chicken" or something to that effect everyday a few times in our guild.

The trick to getting rid of this troll is firstly never even opening a thread the person creates this will reduce the view count and second is to ignore them in every thread they choose to behave in this way. The reason they keep posting is because others cannot observe this simple rule that they like attention, even a negative one.

This progression of posting multiple threads and then a slow degeneration and ending up in abuse in the end seems to be the same person I suspected it was with a different account. Problem is I cannot recall the name at all but I think most of those who have been here long enough remember.