Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wild West Online - Rootin' Tootin' Open World PvP - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

Kyleran said:

mgilbrtsn said:

This early, I only hear 'blah blah blah western mmo blah blah.'  I'll wait a year or so before I begin to fill in the rest of the sentence.  At this point, I'm glad one is in the works.

Article is claiming a 2017 launch date, yet they are still "kicking things around" like a progression system in May.

Yeah man, what a total line of crap. They're just saying that to sucker people in who are tired of waiting for these MMO's that sit in eternal early access.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    These cash grabs are just getting sad now. Luckily we are running out of genres...pirates...failed, cavemen doing well, zombies...multiple fails, serial killers..fail, SyFy TV series based...failed (and a cancelled show), Knights fail (but making an MMO to fail as well). Vikings soon to fail, now we have cowboys. SO whats left? Mythology I suppose although some have been done dont know of any MMO or 'sandbox' types.

Bear City, no I am serious thats how ridiculous its getting.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

SBFord said:

What a great excuse to use "rootin' tootin'" in any type of sentence. My day is made. Now to iHop for a "rooty tooty fresh and fruity" breakfast. :P

On topic, however, I would dearly love a western-themed MMO but not one that is only PvP without any NPC interaction. Wish these guys the best though!

They're not creating female characters, so I am not wishing them the best. It's insulting that one character model is too hard for them when every other MMO, indie or otherwise, can somehow manage that simple bit of equality.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited May 2017

Grimula said:

Do we get to fight Indians in this game ? Cowboys and Indians ? or do the cowboys fight Robots ???

is fighting Indians in a  Cowboy MMO to racist these days ?

I wouldn't think so. It's history. How else would you make such an MMO if you didn't include all the sides that were actually there? It would be weird if they didn't honestly.

Kyleran said:

Grimula said:

Do we get to fight Indians in this game ? Cowboys and Indians ? or do the cowboys fight Robots ???

I'm quite sure there will be no native Americans to fight, would show really bad taste if they did.

Well this game doesn't have any NPCs to fight, only players so I don't think so. It sounds like this is just cowboys killing each other. You'd have to make a game where they were playable characters on opposite sides like Alliance vs. Horde or something.
  • Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Wild West theme for an mmo might get boring after a while, it would make things more interesting if they add a bit of steam punk to it like the Wild Wild West movie.
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

Kyleran said:

Grimula said:

I'm quite sure there will be no native Americans to fight, would show really bad taste if they did.

Well, then there would be absolutely no point in circling my wagons to fight off them injuns!
    (tongue in cheek, of course)
    However, a wild west game that didn't have a Native American faction of some sort is really missing the boat. Then again, this game currently doesn't have female avatars so...
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

Rhoklaw said:

My instincts smell a cash shop, ripe with legendary historical characters like Jesse James, Doc Holiday and Billy the Kid.

Ooooo, or maybe one of their guns!  +15 to hit, +20 damage or something.  Way OP.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Kyleran said:

Grimula said:

Is it bad taste to have Romans killing Celts?  History is what it is.  
    Ghavrigg
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

BruceYee said:

No npc's means no RPG at the end of that MMO.

Wild West H1Z1. "Survival themes may be borrowed"

250k KS and 2017 release date? is the game mostly already made? and if so why do they need 250k? smells like another stretch goal cash grab.

Exactly.
    Too soon release date. Unrealistic amount of money asked.

At best not likely to happen, at worst cash grab

• AonevmAonevm Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited May 2017
    would love to see a well made wild west MMO, lawmen vs outlaws vs Indians and plenty of civilian jobs seems made to order fun
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Too good to be true, but I'd play a wild west themed pvp MMO... That'd be awesome and a really nice change from the usual fantasy setting.
  • ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    I am interested in a good WWW MMO game but this seems not what i want. If it also have  Indians who kick cowboys ass if i can play as female or have Indians/Blacks who can oppose white masters/Cowboys:P, im in.

Whats WWW needs is Cowboys-Indians-Female-Blacks-Bandits-Farmers-Settlers-Wagon Trains-Railroad-Npc=PvP-PvE-Roleplay plus everything that ERA had in good sandbox settings with building from settlements to forts Indian towns Big farms.

Seems bad game if its only white male cowboys seems rather racist game to me towards female-Indians-blacks.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416
    Depends on what they mean with "no npc interaction"..If you have to kill npcs to get resources (pelts etc) like in Conan Exiles, it could be good. Conan Exiles is also "no npc interaction"

But, if there's only "gathering" and killing other players..this game will fail
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Fishy overpromisng kickstarter - check

Full game will miraculously be finished in 3 months - check

Asking for money that is not enough to buy slice of pizza and water for developers - check

Promising MMO but in fact its H1Z1 reskin with Cowboy theme - check

• DewulfDewulf Member UncommonPosts: 139
    It is going to be really hard to make it so it dont end up being full of RDM like GTA online.
    I'll give them props if they can pull it off tho.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    have fun waiting 6 year before game is ready.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Fishy overpromisng kickstarter - check

Full game will miraculously be finished in 3 months - check

Asking for money that is not enough to buy slice of pizza and water for developers - check

Promising MMO but in fact its H1Z1 reskin with Cowboy theme - check

Its likely all the game they are able to create, assuming there is an actual game in there somewhere and its not just a shady cash grab attempt. O.o
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    So the 250k will fund the trailer?  Certainly won't fund the game.  
  • anonentityanonentity Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Yay. More OWPVP I wont play.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Honestly, I'm not a big fan of a Western theme both in shows/movies and my video games. Yet, due to the severe lack of diversity in mmo settings/themes and the fact I haven't seen or played a Western one before, I would be willing to give this game a shot. Amazon's New World falls into the same category with the very light amount of information they've revealed about that game's setting.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299

Horusra said:

Kyleran said:

Grimula said:

Is it bad taste to have Romans killing Celts?  History is what it is.  

Exactly, I'm Scottish and my passion is ancient history, especially ancient Rome. While the Celts may have got rolled over, the other half of Scottish ancestry, the Picts, gave just as good at they took. Demonstrated by Hadrian's and the Antonine Walls.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • DewulfDewulf Member UncommonPosts: 139
    People pls read the post before posting, they clearly say the core game is funded and will be out late this year and kickstarter is only to fund additional features.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Kickstarter, where good game ideas go do die a loooong, expensive death...
    bcbully
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Kyleran said:

mgilbrtsn said:

This early, I only hear 'blah blah blah western mmo blah blah.'  I'll wait a year or so before I begin to fill in the rest of the sentence.  At this point, I'm glad one is in the works.

Article is claiming a 2017 launch date, yet they are still "kicking things around" like a progression system in May.

Yep, 2017 is completely unrealistic if they have any hope at succeeding. I'm wishing them luck, because I would like to have a western MMO. Just need some more meat on dem bones.

I self identify as a monkey.

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602

Rhoklaw said:

My instincts smell a cash shop, ripe with legendary historical characters like Jesse James, Doc Holiday and Billy the Kid.

Bass Reeves would be an instant buy for me!

Kyleran said:

Grimula said:

or would that also be really bad taste of the devs? Selling an ex-slave for $$$?