Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaked Red Dead Redemption 2 screen Is actually Wild West Online, a new PvP MMO

FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
Yesterday a leaked image started circulating on a Grand Theft Auto forum showing a cowboy that looked an awful lot like John Marston from Red Dead Redemption. Unlike what many assumed, this wasn't Red Dead Redemption 2, but it could be a PC gamer's best chance to eke out a living on the frontier. Wild West Online is an open-world PvP MMO that wears its inspirations on its dusty, sun-bleached sleeves. Players will form gangs to either break or defend the law, roam the hinterlands, or settle in for a game of cards at the local saloon. In PC Gamer's exclusive reveal, I sat down with Stephan Bugaj creative vice president of publisher DJ2, to find out more.

http://www.pcgamer.com/wild-west-online-revealed/

Comments

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    edited May 2017
    "The creators of Wild West Online expect to launch a $250,000 Kickstarter at the end of the month, with stretch goals tied to additional funding."
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited May 2017
    I can't wait to check this one out. I won't donate to a KS, but I look forward to purchasing the game in EA or release, providing it won't be F2P

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• cantankerousmagecantankerousmage Member UncommonPosts: 992
    The Wild West would be a good setting for an open-narrative sandbox mmorpg.  But they should let you play more than Cowboys (Law and the Outlaws) imho.
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Back in 2010 Tenderfoot Games had a multi-player game going called Wild West Online: Gunfighter that they said was the combat portion of a MMO game they were working on.  After a year it shut down and wasn't heard from again.  Just wondering if this is what was talked about all that time ago.

Should be interesting to learn more about this.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter