Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Ashes of Creation Video

SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    lmao....................wtf
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Wow!  That's the best gameplay footage I've ever seen!
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    Wow UE4 can render a decent looking scene with store assets.

Where is the MMORPG part? This could be a promo video for literally any type of game.
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878

Wow!  That's the best gameplay footage I've ever seen!

Yeah I can't wait to be totally OP and 1-shot everything :/
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    edited May 2017

Jacobin said:

Wow UE4 can render a decent looking scene with store assets.

Where is the MMORPG part? This could be a promo video for literally any type of game.

They said that they will show the gameplay footage of that promotional video from today on Friday's stream. 

I don't get it even GW2 and ESO had promotional videos like this.

Jacobin I have been curious, I tried looking at the Unreal Engine marketplace for these for the store assets you speak of, but I couldn't find any. Can you post the sources to those assets here, please? 

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

edited May 2017
    Searias said:They said that they will show the gameplay footage of that promotional video from today on Friday's stream. 

Jacobin I have been curious, I tried looking at the Unreal Engine marketplace for these for the store assets you speak of, but I couldn't find any. Can you post the sources to those assets here, please?

GW2 and ESO were not asking for public handouts years before release. They were also built by reputable studios who had actually released prior games. Why you would even compare Intrepid to real developers is mind boggling.

Also look a little harder, it takes 2 seconds to see what they likely bought. Regardless, anyone with a minimal understanding of software development can see that creating a cinematic scene in a pre-built engine is like 0.00001% of what is necessary to create a functional MMO.
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

Jacobin said:

Searias said:They said that they will show the gameplay footage of that promotional video from today on Friday's stream. 

GW2 and ESO were not asking for public handouts years before release. They were also built by reputable studios who had actually released prior games. Why you would even compare Intrepid to real developers is mind boggling.

Also look a little harder, it takes 2 seconds to see what they likely bought. Regardless, anyone with a minimal understanding of software development can see that creating a cinematic scene in a pre-built engine is like 0.00001% of what is necessary to create a functional MMO.

Why haven't you posted any links to these Unreal Store assets yet? Man, if you are going to claim something you should at least support it with sources.

"Where is the MMORPG part? This could be a promo video for literally any type of game."
    You just said that, and I gave you examples of other mmos that did the same thing. You cleary have something against this game and out right making stuff up to bad mouth them. So, I don't need to waste my time with people like you anyway. Bye

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    edited May 2017

Jacobin said:

Why does this matter and why are you still on this? I've already linked an article to you before from Brad McQuaid who specifically said that they use marketplace assets, as does MANY, MANY developers, especially in a pre-launch bulid. 

You're starting to come off as a paranoid conspiracy theorist because less and less of your arguments make and sense. So, again, please stop making Canadians look bad. Thank you! -The rest of Canada. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

CrazKanuk said:
    Why does this matter and why are you still on this? I've already linked an article to you before from Brad McQuaid who specifically said that they use marketplace assets, as does MANY, MANY developers, especially in a pre-launch bulid. 

You're starting to come off as a paranoid conspiracy theorist because less and less of your arguments make and sense. So, again, please stop making Canadians look bad. Thank you! -The rest of Canada. 

Why you would even bring up that dude who is nearly as big a scum bag as Steven Sharif is beyond me. At least he realizes Pantheon will be very niche and he has in fact delivered a good MMO albeit like 20 years ago.

Using market place assets to show MECHANICS is one thing. Just showing random cinematic scenes that show nothing about how the game will actually work is just fluff that sadly people are dropping hundreds of dollars on.

And once again, if you think my points are 'crazy conspiracies' why do you constantly feel the need to respond to them and then bring in really pathetic insults. The only thing making anyone look bad is how proud you apparently are of having multiple max level characters in a game that sells max level.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Pro side:  LEAVE ASHES OF CREATION ALONE!

Con side: Here's all these troubling facts we know about the game.