Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Level 100 Character Boost Promotion to End Soon - EverQuest II - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageFree Level 100 Character Boost Promotion to End Soon - EverQuest II - MMORPG.com

EverQuest II News - The EverQuest 2 team is reminding folks that the free level 100 boost promotion will be ending on May 22nd. Players will need to log in prior to that time in order to claim the Level 100 Boost Bauble.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130
    As a long time player of EQ2, this is actually pretty awful. Every class in the game has 50+ ACTIVE buttons to press on the low end. EQ2 is notorious for redundant skills.

I just dont see a new player sticking around to wade through the mess of skills. EQ2 should really re-vamp skills across all classes THEN do a promotion like this.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    I dont like EQ2 sub system. and there is way too many skill to press. having 1 macro for 10 single target dps skill just silly.
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    eq/eqoa for ps4 or bust
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I love the boost. Its not good for a low lvl character though. And it took me just 5 minutes to sort out what skills to use. And i love having more than 5 or 8 skills i can use. What can i say. I'M an old school mmo player that likes using alot of skills.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    "we literally can't even give this game away."

-Daybreak probably
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

kchisarik said:

eq/eqoa for ps4 or bust

i remember playing eqoa on my ps2. Was a fun game.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436

Arskaaa said:

I dont like EQ2 sub system. and there is way too many skill to press. having 1 macro for 10 single target dps skill just silly.

I don't play EQ2 but having 1 macro for 10 singletarget sounds like a lot of fun!

Pruning in wow sucked diversity right out of the game. You don't want that!
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Hmm, tempting but I think my EQ2 days are over.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

kaz350 said:

As a long time player of EQ2, this is actually pretty awful. Every class in the game has 50+ ACTIVE buttons to press on the low end. EQ2 is notorious for redundant skills.

I just dont see a new player sticking around to wade through the mess of skills. EQ2 should really re-vamp skills across all classes THEN do a promotion like this.

Exactly this. No real reason to have auto attack because of how many abilities to press. It's a shame for a title that is extremely deep and has a lot of different activities. If they also fixed the choppy/off-time animations and revamped the old zones like the new ones I think it would have a lot more players.

All this considered it's worth giving it a shot if you've never played.
  • ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317

kaz350 said:

I jumped on this and it was overwhelming to me. Quit in minutes.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    If I haven't played a game with a high learning curve I usually start a new character and play it for awhile to get use to the game. You have to research optimal builds and find out which skills have been totally nerfed. Still a lot of work getting a free high level character. One good thing is if there are good quest lines, you can go through them faster with a new high level character.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey