Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO Launching on Steam May 24th - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    edited May 2017
    TEST

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I really don't think this will make much difference in how many people play.  I think the players that like this sort of game already have it, and while there will a few that will try it from steam, most won't stay.
  • dan4kdan4k Member UncommonPosts: 5
    edited May 2017
    Steam will draw huge crowds to Black Desert , this would make it even more exciting !!
      Steam BDO preview video
    Post edited by dan4k on
  • dan4kdan4k Member UncommonPosts: 5
    edited May 2017
    Hope Steam Bdo would open for Middle east & Asian countries , its about time !! 
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    no use, international people still can't play it.

So What Now?

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Spagex said:

So will there be any way for all of us that bought the game outside of steam to activate it via steam or do we have to buy the game again?

This from the Steam site.

PRE-EXISTING USERS
    The Steam version of Black Desert Online requires the purchase of the game from Steam as well as the creation of a new Black Desert Online account. Pre-existing Black Desert Online accounts created from methods other than Steam will not be able to play via Steam.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited May 2017

Blazeyer said:

I never understand why a MMO going to steam is "big news". If you look at other MMOs who went to steam the initial reaction is always "HELL YES BRUH MORE PEOPLE". But people already know these games exist. What's the big deal? You might see a spike in population at first because "eh, it's been awhile. I'll give it another try", it doesn't last. I don't want to pick on you Wildstar, but I'm looking at you. BDO is in a healthy spot right now pop wise, I don't think this will change much, if at all.

On the Steam forums, most people say they want games on there for the Steam achievements.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Spagex said:

So will there be any way for all of us that bought the game outside of steam to activate it via steam or do we have to buy the game again?

This from the Steam site.

PRE-EXISTING USERS

The Steam version of Black Desert Online requires the purchase of the game from Steam as well as the creation of a new Black Desert Online account. Pre-existing Black Desert Online accounts created from methods other than Steam will not be able to play via Steam.

It all depends on the client and it has nothing to do with steam.  I can play my regular Eve account on my steam Eve account.   BDO client is rather unsophisticated hence the reason you can't share accounts.  
  • RedFinRedFin Member UncommonPosts: 18
    What is the benefit of buying BDO through Steam rather than just buy the game from the company that made the game? I've only played a few games on Steam but it seems like it would be better to run the game on it's own than try to run it through Steam's control panel and add more chances of bugs and the additional computer resources needed to run both at the same time. I'm familiar with Steam Link, so maybe the appeal is to be able to play the game on a TV?
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    *IF* this game had decent PVP, I would be back in a heartbeat! A heartbeat. Well, unless I'm at college or sleeping...or in a hot steamy shower....
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444

DMKano said:

dan4k said:

Steam will draw huge crowds to Black Desert , this would make it even more exciting !!

- Steam BDO preview video

umm huge crowds?

Define huge.

THEY'RE YUGE!
  • mytelosmytelos Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I am also still ip blocked. meh...