Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cruising to $1.75M & the Possibility of New Goals Unlocking - Ashes of Creation - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageCruising to $1.75M & the Possibility of New Goals Unlocking - Ashes of Creation - MMORPG.com

Ashes of Creation News - The Ashes of Creation KickStarter continues to cruise along. Having already passed the $1.5M mark as well as unlocking three stretch goals, the team has unveiled a new series to encourage even more backer support over the coming three plus weeks.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Excellent!!
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    So...... Close...... I'm thinking the $45 early bird is actually not looking too bad. If it hits underrealm I'll probably back it. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Still in the same place, would back but need to know more about class and combat vision. I still dont get how there is so little info on what you spend 80-90% of your time doing. I may back this one if they give us that info. 
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    I find it astounding that they made that much on kickstarter without showing one ounce of programming. All they have done is show off what the UE4 engine is capable of rendering.
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332

LIOKI said:

I find it astounding that they made that much on kickstarter without showing one ounce of programming. All they have done is show off what the UE4 engine is capable of rendering.

after seeing the number of rabid fools throwing away money on SC, nothing surprises me
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Feels like a scam... I dunno... Looks too amazing and promising... I just can't believe the messiah has finally come.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

edited May 2017
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    Noticed they are now setting goals based off number of backers instead of money.  Anyone else find it a little odd that a little over 8k people donated over $1.5mil.   I have a feeling someone donated ALOT of money to make it shoot up really fast to get that initial interest flowing.
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

Nanfoodle said:

Still in the same place, would back but need to know more about class and combat vision. I still dont get how there is so little info on what you spend 80-90% of your time doing. I may back this one if they give us that info. 

Picture anything you've ever done in a MMO, now make it 10x as amazing!!!!!

I backed, but will cancel if they don't provide more substance before the end. Beyond the Node system, seems rather like a bland MMO all around, just with the promise of it "changing the genre."
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

Noticed they are now setting goals based off number of backers instead of money.  Anyone else find it a little odd that a little over 8k people donated over $1.5mil.   I have a feeling someone donated ALOT of money to make it shoot up really fast to get that initial interest flowing.

Having number of backers stretch goals along with monetary stretch goals isn't a new concept. Other MMO kickstarters have done it as well, CoE for one.

I think it just helps encourage players to spread the word after they've backed and to provide some unique rewards as incentives to back during KS.
    --------------------------------------------
  • urbanmechurbanmech Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Haven't people learned with Kickstarter yet? The game will never be anything close to what they are currently pitching. How many more crowd sourced funded disappointing games do we need to have before people stop this. Are you all new to this genre? Over promise, under deliver has been the constant for the past 6 years at least.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Allein said:

Nanfoodle said:

Picture anything you've ever done in a MMO, now make it 10x as amazing!!!!!

I backed, but will cancel if they don't provide more substance before the end. Beyond the Node system, seems rather like a bland MMO all around, just with the promise of it "changing the genre."

I have heard the "Changing the genre" crap before. How hard is it to make a video with the combat dev to say what their vision is for combat. Same with classes, sure we know what classes but what do they plan for the classes skill wise, progression, and roles. Not asking for any details, just their vision. What they are shooting for. Worries me they cant or wont do that. The DAoC fan in me loves this node system but I need more. 

urbanmech said:

Haven't people learned with Kickstarter yet? The game will never be anything close to what they are currently pitching. How many more crowd sourced funded disappointing games do we need to have before people stop this. Are you all new to this genre? Over promise, under deliver has been the constant for the past 6 years at least.

For the genre, I'd tend to agree with you, but you can't generalize all KS games based on the success/failure of MMOs which adopted crowdfunding. There are hundreds of games released via KS which released to great reviews and I've shown before that KS games are more "thumbs-up-sy" than regular published games based on the steam reviews. 

MMOs have definitely been a disappointment, though. However, it's not really a great sample size to date. There are a number of games in "the pipe" which are supposed to save the genre, so failing that I would agree with you. However, I think that 2017 & 2018 will be telling years and could definitely define what the future of crowdfunding for MMOs will be. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• urbanmechurbanmech Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Every year there are games that are supposed to "save the genre", years ago they used to be called "WoW killers". Heard it all before, and although I would love ity to be true, no way I'm betting money on that. 
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    biggest scam ever. Im gona make also a unreal 4 engine demo and ask for 60million, and if we get to 100million you gona get a exlusive cup for tea with a the outstanding slogan: fool me once..

urbanmech said:

Every year there are games that are supposed to "save the genre", years ago they used to be called "WoW killers". Heard it all before, and although I would love ity to be true, no way I'm betting money on that. 

I think that the "WoW Killers" time has come and gone. Now I think some people are going back to the roots of the genre. I think it's much less about killing WoW and more about making something "different" that's still of decent quality. We've got some games that are close. I wouldn't blame you for not backing this, or any MMO on KS, though. I think that these types of MMOs are definitely an acquired taste, and it's one that many simply will not like. However, here's hoping that there are some options out this year or next. There are certainly some distinct flavors on that timeline. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

edited May 2017

exile01 said:

biggest scam ever. Im gona make also a unreal 4 engine demo and ask for 60million, and if we get to 100million you gona get a exlusive cup for tea with a the outstanding slogan: fool me once..

What's honestly frighting is that you could spend only a few hundred on the UE4 marketplace and realistically put together enough of a demo video to fool a lot of people.
    edited May 2017

LIOKI said:

exile01 said:

What's honestly frighting is that you could spend only a few hundred on the UE4 marketplace and realistically put together enough of a demo video to fool a lot of people.

I don't know if that's frightening or encouraging. We could be on the cusp of a new golden age of gaming because of this. Remember that in the past decade, we've seen licensing costs for engines like UE4 go from hundreds of thousands of dollars + royalties to $0. On top of that, we are now able to purchase entire blueprints of games for hundreds of dollars (at most). What this really means is that we can spend more time and money on innovation and less money on re-inventing the wheel, which is what has, effectively, happened in the past. 

Also, it should be said that they've released a number of gameplay videos, including the monster token gameplay, which is DEFINITELY not something that's baked into a blueprint. So they've done some work on their own systems, for certain. 

What would be frightening is if developers continued to spend money on character designs and animations when there is sooooooo many good store assets. It's literally cry-worthy since the vast majority of people would never even recognize the difference or care. Instead, let's see some kick-ass systems!

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Only time will tell I suppose, but for me I find this project to be very intriguing.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    On an unrelated note it has been just a little over 4 years since the CU KS campaign came to a close. 

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    When can we collect our referral bounties? Have they covered that in a Q&A yet?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Kyleran said:

On an unrelated note it has been just a little over 4 years since the CU KS campaign came to a close. 

;)

You shut your mouth! CU is a FUCKING GEM!!! Don't you DARE! say bad things about it! :pleased:

I don't pay very close attention to it, but has there been a beta yet? All I found was an article stating that it was delayed but it was "Certainly not 8 months. Right now, we are looking at weeks, in terms of the core ability code." That was in April of last year. I hadn't heard about the beta happening, but it obviously did because MJ wouldn't lie. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• TilenMTilenM Member UncommonPosts: 14
    They are awesome in every way. =) 
    ConstantineMerus
  • zedsdeadzedsdead Member UncommonPosts: 19

urbanmech said:

The sheep, they love throwing mommy and daddy's hard earned money at vaporware. Not only will this likely under deliver, I would be surprised if it is ever released in a playable form.