Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CoE finally releases partial list of what you can buy with the pre-launch virtual currency they sell

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984
edited May 2017 in Chronicles of Elyria
Just in time for their "sale" they finally released a partial list of what your money can buy you in game!

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/19128/ep-kits-and-item-projection

Some highlights:

Profession Kits: 100 EP ea.
These kits provide the starting equipment, tools, and patterns or techniques necessary to begin your occupation as a crafter, gatherer, explorer, or champion. (ex. Smithy kit, Carpenter Kit, Miner Kit, Soldier Kit, etc...) If the game supports a profession, chances are good there will be a kit available to help you get started. Individual items value at 20-40 EP.

Defense Kits: 325 EP
These kits are designed to add a small number of defenses to a settlement in the form of a large amount of fencing and a couple of lookout towers. These are sufficient for basic defense of inner settlements, but not for baronies. Fencing is generally around 10 EP for 32m of fencing, plus 25-50 EP for the lookout towers.

Technology Kits: 5,000 EP
Each biome has a specific set of resources, and specific needs. However, within each biome there is often more than one way to solve a problem and the technology kits offer the additional of universities and schools to help foster learning in specific areas, as well as the introduction of specific technologies into the kingdom which may help solve problems in new ways. Technology kits will include the buildings for schools, as well as the patterns and techniques for advanced technology. Individual EP ranges from several hundreds to a thousand for the colleges and universities, to 100+ EP for the patterns and techniques, depending on level of advancement.

Military Kits: 10,000 EP
The military kit includes defensive structures such as ramparts and castles, as well as siege equipment such as trebuchet, catapults, etc. Individual items range from several hundred to several thousand EP.
  • Resource Stockpile: < 10 EP for a stack
  • Crafting Materials: < 25 EP for a stack
  • Contracts: < 25 EP for a stack
  • Patterns & Techniques: < 50 EP
  • Blueprints: < 100 EP
  • Tools: < 10 EP per tool
  • Containers: < 25 EP
  • Crafting Stations: < 50 EP
  • Equipment (clothing, armor, weapons): < 75 EP per item
  • Livestock / Bee hives: < 50 EP for a small stock
  • Pets: < 50 EP for a single trained pet
  • Mounts: < 100 EP for a single mount
  • Transportation: < 100 EP
  • Caravan Wagon: < 200 EP
  • Siege Equipment: < 250 EP
  • Crops: < 100 EP for a field
  • Plants & Trees: < 150 EP for a set of saplings
  • Land: 100 EP+
  • Furnished buildings: 200 EP+
  • Fences & Walls: 10 EP / 32m
  • Roads: 25 EP / 32m
  • Schools & Academies: 750 EP+
  • Cathedrals & Shrines: 1000 EP+
-----------------------------
But wait!!! There's more!!!

Quality level

The prices for the above kits are set such that each community member can customize their package with the EP that was included with their package. However, that's by no means the extent of the customization that can be done. The contents of all the above kits are of what one would consider standard or common quality. Players are free to purchase additional items a la carte which will be of higher quality. In general, we follow a tiered approach as follows:

• Common: 1x
  • Uncommon: 2x
  • Rare: 5x
  • Treasured: 20x
  • Legendary: 100x

This means that to determine an approximate price of a rare equivalent of a common item, one can multiply the common item by 5. So, for example, a common building that costs approximately 100 EP would cost approximately 500 EP. Similarly, if fencing costs about 10 EP for 32m, it might cost 1,000 EP for 32m for the best available stone rampart.

---------------------------------------------------------------

And don't forget!  These perks are ONLY for sale to those who give their money, sight unseen to the company before launch!  After launch you can't buy this stuff directly from the company.. you will have to scour the RMT player market to see what your cash can get you.

FYI you can grab the EP for 10% now!  So just $9 for 100EP!!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Remember everyone, CoE isn't pay to win. It's pay to build!  (so that's what they're calling it now, I guess)
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984

Tiamat64 said:

Remember everyone, CoE isn't pay to win. It's pay to build!  (so that's what they're calling it now, I guess)

Of course... I mean.. Caspien said so:

Again, those who participate in Elyria have done so to help build a functioning world for others on launch day, not to gain any kind of long-term advantage.

Clearly none of that stuff would ever give you a long term advantage...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    If these are just typical starter kits, I don't really see the problem there (a lot of games have those), outside of only being available to backers of course. After a few months though none of that would really matter anymore anyway IMO. Which there's no way I'd buy a game like this at launch anyway (goes for all KS based MMOs). 

I think it's important to note early SWG kinda sucked because no one had anything built. So I don't think a few headstart items to get that ball rolling is a bad thing. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Tiamat64 said:

Again, those who participate in Elyria have done so to help build a functioning world for others on launch day, not to gain any kind of long-term advantage.

I didn't realize he said that... Anyone who played early SWG should be able to understand what he's saying there, in a game where everything is built and made by players, it does kinda suck when no one has anything made. It was a few months in SWG before even regular everyday items were regularly available. 

Distopia said:

If these are just typical starter kits, I don't really see the problem there (a lot of games have those), outside of only being available to backers of course. After a few months though none of that would really matter anymore anyway IMO. Which there's no way I'd buy a game like this at launch anyway (goes for all KS based MMOs). 

I think it's important to note early SWG kinda sucked because no one had anything built. So I don't think a few headstart items to get that ball rolling is a bad thing. 

So the ability to spend like $60k on a prelaunch Legendary Military package with incredible Castles, siege weapons, etc... is just a typical starter kit? Or $30k for a Legendary Technology Kit?

Interesting... so what other games is that kind of "starter kit" typical in? I've never seen anything like that but if that's typical just point me to it...

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Whether those "typical starter kit" items end up being so impossible to get in-game without money that they might as well be cash only like many F2P P2W MMOs do, or whether those "typical starter kit" items end up being so easy to get that the idea of paying even $60 for them is ridiculous, let alone $60,0000, it's gonna be pretty hilarious either way.

....assuming the game ever comes out, of course.

Distopia said:

So the ability to spend like $60k on a prelaunch Legendary Military package with incredible Castles, siege weapons, etc... is just a typical starter kit? Or $30k for a Legendary Technology Kit?

Interesting... so what other games is that kind of "starter kit" typical in? I've never seen anything like that but if that's typical just point me to it...

I said if, I didn't say they were. That would really depend on their overall strength going forward, IE how they compare to things people can make as they progress. If they are top tier items sure that could be an issue. However if it's like the higher tier EVE starter packages then it's not so bad. 

I was mostly thinking along the lines of how this could get players established to be able to start fleshing out the world for the reason I highlighted. 

Tiamat64 said:

Whether those "typical starter kit" items end up being so impossible to get in-game without money that they might as well be cash only like many F2P P2W MMOs do, or whether those "typical starter kit" items end up being so easy to get that the idea of paying even $60 for them is ridiculous, let alone $60,0000, it's gonna be pretty hilarious either way.

....assuming the game ever comes out, of course.

What will be hilarious is watching a castle or town fall after it was bought and paid for with real money. Just as it's hilarious to read about ships people pay 100's for getting blown up in EVE on their first outing. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    What I found amazing is over in the official forums people are falling all over themselves to spend more money.  In fact, some appear to be downright upset they can't spend more money.

What a weird gaming world......

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Tiamat64 said:

I don't get why it's even worth keeping up this facade. Just outright tell people it's going to be like Second Life, Project Entropia, and the other MMO-ish "games" out there that are all about RL cash. I suppose they're trying to sucker in those people who never do their research... but... everyone with half a brain can see where this is going lol

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    These initial prices set a "pricing guide" of sorts for the RMT prices players will charge ingame for equivalent items, especially the rares and legendaries.

Given that CoE will allow full-blown RMT, various "investors" will be licking their lips at the thought of all the money they are going to make. You HAVE to get in early, of course, to maximise returns.

It appears that CoE will be Entropia in a medieval setting, but with a lower entry cost after launch.
  • holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Please stop comparing the greatness and wonder that was SWG to this absolute clusterfuck. 

Tiamat64 said:

I don't get why it's even worth keeping up this facade. Just outright tell people it's going to be like Second Life, Project Entropia, and the other MMO-ish "games" out there that are all about RL cash. I suppose they're trying to sucker in those people who never do their research... but... everyone with half a brain can see where this is going lol

What more do they need to say but we're not worried about players partaking in private RMT? That essentially says it all. These packages do nothing but add to the realization this will not be a controlled game environment. Whatever that leads to it leads to. 

It's good you mentioned those games though, because what goes on there (especially Entropia.) should remove any surprise there are folks who will eat up the ability to do what they can here. 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    And to think people were having fits about Archeage's $150 Founder Packs... :D

CoE's pricing makes Archeage look like a bunch of rank amateurs, lol
    edited May 2017

Please stop comparing the greatness and wonder that was SWG to this absolute clusterfuck. 

I didn't compare SWG to COE, I simply said it kinda sucked at launch when things weren't built up yet and commerce was in it's infant stages. Which says nothing of either as games, I don't think COE will be any good due to it's PVP rules or lack of them as well as bloated promises. If it even becomes a game. P2W will be the least of it's issues I'm sure. 

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Azaron_Nightblade said:
    everyone with half a brain can see where this is going lol

...it is a pity you cannot appreciate irony of your post.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Gdemami said:

Azaron_Nightblade said:
    everyone with half a brain can see where this is going lol

...it is a pity you cannot appreciate irony of your post.

That's what we have you for.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170

Distopia said:

I didn't compare SWG to COE, I simply said it kinda sucked at launch when things weren't built up yet and commerce was in it's infant stages. Which says nothing of either as games, I don't think COE will be any good due to it's PVP rules or lack of them as well as bloated promises. If it even becomes a game. P2W will be the least of it's issues I'm sure. 

Saying early SWG sucked because nothing was built yet is very subjective. One of the common requests over on the SWGemu forums is to wipe Basilisk and give people a fresh start server because a lot of people actually like a fresh world to bat around in that is not bloated with items obtained via glitches or just regular gameplay of people who have made full use of their 10 character slots. The reasoning is not just that they would enjoy it more but also because the existence of those items stuffs up the economy. Now there are a lot of reasons for that that I won't get into here because it's not really relevant but I disagree with you on the idea that launch SWG sucked because there was nothing built yet and so would a lot of other people. 

Do you think giving people 'legendary' starterkits or items at launch for real life dollars is not going to run into those same problems? My belief is it would actually enhance the effect of those problems, so the argument that being in a world with nothing built yet sucks is avoiding the actual issues.   

And to think people were having fits about Archeage's $150 Founder Packs... :D

CoE's pricing makes Archeage look like a bunch of rank amateurs, lol

True... at least for Archeage you knew that for your $150 you were "Keeping up with the Jones's"...
    Now you have a game that you can literally have spent $10,000 to Buy yourself a Kingdom and find out that your hostile neighbor to the south not only spent $10k buying his Kingdom but then doled out an extra $20k to buy some Legendary Castles and Legendary Siege Weapons and a few legendary Technology advantages.

But the ultimate joke here is that this whole concept is predicated on the belief that once all the "Chiefs" spend their hundreds and thousands (and tens of thousands) of dollars buying their positions and advantages that there will literally by another 300,000-400,000 plebs that want to pay to join AFTER their 3 month headstart and become their loyal subjects.  All these, Mayors, Barons, Counts, Dukes and Kings will need people to rule over.  They have announced (and sold buy to king slots) for 4 servers.  Each server is supposed to have around 100,000 citizens.  That's 400,000 total.  Currently they have about 11,000 backers according to the IP list (nobody cares about the 100k "forum accounts" they spout.  Just ask games like Mortal Online how many of those actually convert).

Distopia said:

Saying early SWG sucked because nothing was built yet is very subjective. One of the common requests over on the SWGemu forums is to wipe Basilisk and give people a fresh start server because a lot of people actually like a fresh world to bat around in that is not bloated with items obtained via glitches or just regular gameplay of people who have made full use of their 10 character slots. The reasoning is not just that they would enjoy it more but also because the existence of those items stuffs up the economy. Now there are a lot of reasons for that that I won't get into here because it's not really relevant but I disagree with you on the idea that launch SWG sucked because there was nothing built yet and so would a lot of other people. 

Do you think giving people 'legendary' starterkits or items at launch for real life dollars is not going to run into those same problems? My belief is it would actually enhance the effect of those problems, so the argument that being in a world with nothing built yet sucks is avoiding the actual issues.   

I don't see why anyone would want a completely fresh server in SWG, but hey that's my take on it. I also see lot's asking for blue frogs, so there's that. When there are no weapons to upgrade to, no stims to use, no buffs, no vehicles, not much of anything but the junk low con npcs drop. No shuttle ports, no towns to resupply in, it just makes it a slog IMO. The novelty of everyone fighting between Bestine and Anchorhead, is about all that is there to enjoy in those circumstances. Which wears off pretty quick IMO. 

As for the issues I really don't wanna say everything I said in the other thread about possible P2W in such a game. I'll just say, when things get destroyed, large guilds reign supreme, etc. What people buy doesn't mean all that much IMO. THe churn of re-building and destroying should keep that in check. If it doesn't there is a serious flaw in the design. 

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Just in time for their "sale" they finally released a partial list of what your money can buy you in game!

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/19128/ep-kits-and-item-projection

Some highlights:

Profession Kits: 100 EP ea.
    These kits provide the starting equipment, tools, and patterns or techniques necessary to begin your occupation as a crafter, gatherer, explorer, or champion. (ex. Smithy kit, Carpenter Kit, Miner Kit, Soldier Kit, etc...) If the game supports a profession, chances are good there will be a kit available to help you get started. Individual items value at 20-40 EP.

Defense Kits: 325 EP
    These kits are designed to add a small number of defenses to a settlement in the form of a large amount of fencing and a couple of lookout towers. These are sufficient for basic defense of inner settlements, but not for baronies. Fencing is generally around 10 EP for 32m of fencing, plus 25-50 EP for the lookout towers.

Technology Kits: 5,000 EP
    Each biome has a specific set of resources, and specific needs. However, within each biome there is often more than one way to solve a problem and the technology kits offer the additional of universities and schools to help foster learning in specific areas, as well as the introduction of specific technologies into the kingdom which may help solve problems in new ways. Technology kits will include the buildings for schools, as well as the patterns and techniques for advanced technology. Individual EP ranges from several hundreds to a thousand for the colleges and universities, to 100+ EP for the patterns and techniques, depending on level of advancement.

Military Kits: 10,000 EP
    The military kit includes defensive structures such as ramparts and castles, as well as siege equipment such as trebuchet, catapults, etc. Individual items range from several hundred to several thousand EP.
    • Resource Stockpile: < 10 EP for a stack
    • Crafting Materials: < 25 EP for a stack
    • Contracts: < 25 EP for a stack
    • Patterns & Techniques: < 50 EP
    • Blueprints: < 100 EP
    • Tools: < 10 EP per tool
    • Containers: < 25 EP
    • Crafting Stations: < 50 EP
    • Equipment (clothing, armor, weapons): < 75 EP per item
    • Livestock / Bee hives: < 50 EP for a small stock
    • Pets: < 50 EP for a single trained pet
    • Mounts: < 100 EP for a single mount
    • Transportation: < 100 EP
    • Caravan Wagon: < 200 EP
    • Siege Equipment: < 250 EP
    • Crops: < 100 EP for a field
    • Plants & Trees: < 150 EP for a set of saplings
    • Land: 100 EP+
    • Furnished buildings: 200 EP+
    • Fences & Walls: 10 EP / 32m
    • Roads: 25 EP / 32m
    • Schools & Academies: 750 EP+
    • Cathedrals & Shrines: 1000 EP+
    But wait!!! There's more!!!

Quality level

The prices for the above kits are set such that each community member can customize their package with the EP that was included with their package. However, that's by no means the extent of the customization that can be done. The contents of all the above kits are of what one would consider standard or common quality. Players are free to purchase additional items a la carte which will be of higher quality. In general, we follow a tiered approach as follows:

• Common: 1x
    • Uncommon: 2x
    • Rare: 5x
    • Treasured: 20x
    • Legendary: 100x

This means that to determine an approximate price of a rare equivalent of a common item, one can multiply the common item by 5. So, for example, a common building that costs approximately 100 EP would cost approximately 500 EP. Similarly, if fencing costs about 10 EP for 32m, it might cost 1,000 EP for 32m for the best available stone rampart.

---------------------------------------------------------------

And don't forget!  These perks are ONLY for sale to those who give their money, sight unseen to the company before launch!  After launch you can't buy this stuff directly from the company.. you will have to scour the RMT player market to see what your cash can get you.

FYI you can grab the EP for 10% now!  So just $9 for 100EP!!

Glad I didn't buy this game :3...

I hate games like this, I don't mind Real Money Trade in games that legally allow it, but having a cash shop where items besides in game currency are based around Pay 2 Build, or Pay 2 Advance Faster / Enjoy the game and providing big in game advantages vs those who don't spend I have a problem with.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Personally, I wish they would talk more about how these items will be acquired in-game, rather than on how much RL money they cost from the cash shop.
    --------------------------------------------
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Shiver me timbers!! How is this even a discussion it should be plain that this is disgraceful. How far we have fallen that we can actually argue about this.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

kitarad said:

Shiver me timbers!! How is this even a discussion it should be plain that this is disgraceful. How far we have fallen that we can actually argue about this.

InB4 lol from Gdemami. But yeah. This stuff is more like "Adventures in experimental marketing."
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

kitarad said:

Because it's been renamed as Pay to Build!

That makes it better right?