Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are Harcore PvPers playing?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
what are you guys playing ? MOBA/FPS/wow/l2...?

Comments

• theNILVtheNILV Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Overwatch 
    Proud member of best EU roleplaying guild
    Twitter - @theNILV
    Twitch - @theNILV
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Darkfall Rise of Agon just came out. That is a very hardcore PvP title but it's showing it's age.

I've been messing with ArcheAge a bit but unless you are a wallet warrior that game is about hardcore grinding so you can take part in hardcore PvP. It's mainly a game for PvEers that consider themselves to be PvPers.

Down the line Crowfall, Star Citizen, Chronicles of Elyria and Life is Feudal all show varying levels of promise.
  • LogumLogum Member UncommonPosts: 13
    MOBA and PUBG for me.
  • ZionBaneZionBane Member UncommonPosts: 328
    edited May 2017
    When I PvP, I wanna PvP.. I don't want to mix my PvP with a mining node, or some quest giver that asks to me kill a dozen chickens, while I am in the middle of a full siege with another team... 

I play MOBA's when  I want to get out there and kill. They know I am coming, I know they are waiting.. the way fighting should be.

However, I have come to conclude that I must have picked the worst MOBA to play, due to my fan-boi love for Warhammer 40K, I am playing Eternal Crusade, you can either laugh at me, or pity my foolishness.. or both.. and still be apt.
  • OrionKnightOrionKnight Member UncommonPosts: 31
    MOBA, MMORPG, and FPS. Usually I PK players in Ragnarok Journey to get the spot. Most of the time they're AFK because of Auto-Play. I can't PvP yet because I am a freeloader in the game for now  =)  =)  =)
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited May 2017
    1 Escape from Tarkov

2 PUBG

In that order.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    In the MMO sphere, I think the answer is still EvE.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Planetside 2

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2017
    I quit pvp when Unreal became old and not played anymore.

I had hoped the new Unreal would setup excitement again but it is built more like a Quake game and i don't want Quake inside my Unreal.

So then i checked out the new Quake game and without dodging it just feels bare bones as well the map i played felt limited in iot's design and i could really feel the difference in latency between players.Point being,as it stands Quake won't be good enough to entice me either.

I feel the really good ideas have already been used up in older games,now everything looks and feels gimmicky.The one thing i really can't stand in my pvp game is trying to be like a rpg,i don't want rewards or money to upgrade new weapons,i just want vanilla with well designed weapons maps and movement.Way too many games are luring gamer's in with shallow minded ideas that are simply levels/ranking and rewards,well what about quality design and FUN?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited May 2017
    For me it's the Chaos server in Wurm Online. I like a mix of sandbox, PvE and PvP. Oddly, I think it's 90/10 for me in favor of PvE over PvP, and yet I prefer open world PvP.

I also am eying Mortal Online. There're many others. Therer'e some lighter weight ones like Rust or H1Z1. They're open world too but with more action.

A long time ago I played Action Quake 2 and Unreal for pure PvP. I enjoyed that. Another one I liked was Tribes. Tribes was good with base building.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I really enjoy dueling in Vendetta Online. 

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766

rodingo said:

Planetside 2

Hardcore? :|
  • Riotact007Riotact007 Member UncommonPosts: 246
    It's such a shame Archeage is so pay2win because there are so many great pvp elements, killing people doing trade runs at sea, sneaking up on fisherman and take their boat and fish and designated pvp battles but way too pay2win model. 
    I'm play GLoria Victis. Alpha so it's quite buggy, low population but the pvp is fun and loot system means u dont wanna die lol
  • KopogerooKopogeroo Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited May 2017
    OP,

When it comes to PvP I doubt anyone on these forums has put so much time and experienced it through so many games in the past 16 years. That being said, after everything I'm doing 3v3 arena in World of Warcraft

There is absolutely no reason I should participate + support any other newer PvP game if WOW 3v3 arena offers me as good or better experience. I have been waiting for a decade on swg emu to finally wipe and release the new server as well and I'm very optimistic for 2018 for everything that's coming. Oh and World of Warcraft it's F2P for me for the next four years thanks to tokens so there is that too.

There is also a sense of progression with WOW 3v3 arena since skill and mentality does have impact on how far you'll get within a season when it comes to rating and which title you'll end up with. This will also show to the community how good you are so you can further push playing with even better players on your team. Bottom line, WOW is brutal for many because not many can handle losing a lot. There are too many sore losers who PvP out there. Finally, there is no hacking/botting or P2W elements around it which is crucial for competitive PvP. Blizzard took care of honorbuddy kickbot while ago and with constant tuning over the last 5+ months PvP is really good atm.