Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anime/Fantasy Based MMO

Janeiro93Janeiro93 Member UncommonPosts: 7
Hi all, and ty for the help in advance. I'm an MMO enthusiastic but since 2014/15 i can't find a really nice mmo to stick with.
I really enjoy some random stuff on mmorpg's like pet's, dungeons that really gives drops that matters, grind (like need a special thing to craft legendary things), PvE oriented where the PvE it's actually challenging, but ye, that's some random stuff, going to make a list, so you guys can help me =)

What did i played 
- WoW; - Got bored to death after MoP, love the dungeons pets and all, but meh, not the same.
- GW2; - The game is ok, but it does not suited me. Got last expansion, full 100$ pack, and i'm tired of the game, no mounts, i don't like the armors graphics, not sure. Although i have all classes maxed. LoL
- Tera; - No!
- Metin2; - Played with 4 friends, we loved it, SUPER grind oriented, but the game isn't good. It was just 4 fun, and because we were playing only in group.
- Digimon Masters; - Fantasy Anime, the game was ok, Grind as hell tho. But got nice anime graphics, mounts, cool character buffs and nice stats customization for items that matters. But new publisher ruined the game, and it's P2W now. =)
- Grand Fantasia; - Anime Fantasy, loved it with a friend but Publisher came in and rip.
- Aura Kingdom; - Same as above.
- WIldStar; - Hated it, 2 much Ratched and Clank. lol
- Path Of Exile; - Still playing this one, but not what a want.
- Blade and Soul; - This was pretty okey for me, i played almost until max level, but, it misses many things to be a good mmo.
- Rift; - Tried 4fun, didn't get my attention.
- 4Story; - Played with the same gorup of friends that played Metin2, we didn't liked it.
- Runes of Magic; - Nice game overall, nice pet system, but P2W;

What do i look for
- Game with a big player base (i hate being the only one in a map);
- Good looking graphics, the thing that annoys me on GW2 is that, you can have a really cool stat armor and all, but you look ugly as f*ck;
- A nice craft system, like you need to grind for things to drop something that you need to make a sword, like the anime Dungeon ni Deai;
- Pet's and Mounts! It is a Must have, i love looking for pet's and mounts, explore the world to find them, WoW got me for some years cuz of that (yes GW2 have a cool Pet system 2, but they look all ugly ;c);
- Dungeons and Raids! A mmo where Dungeons means something, and Raids drops THAT thing you really need;
- Anime/Fantasy style, this doesn't need to be in, but if there are any good, i would be glad to know about it <3;
- NOT POINT AND CLICK SPELLS/ATTACKS! I stuck in GW2 so long because the fighting system pleased me so much, dodging temp your attacks and cd <3, where skill does actually matters something;

And no, i do not look for MOBA'S, i'm so tired of LoL, the game isn't bad, but the systems!!!!!!!!!! R.I.P
All the listed game, i played it for at least 1 year, i have played many more, but not for that long, so this are the ones i know what to say about.
If anyone can help me out, i'll be very glad. Thank You all, and sorry for my english =D 

Comments

• InebriatedSkunkInebriatedSkunk Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Try FFXIV. The free demo is has no timelimit anymore if you just wanna try risk free.
    -Anime-inspired fantasy
    -great graphics
    -pets
    -raids and dungeons
    -good crafting system
    -loads of players
    -chocobo mounts!

The only thing it falls short of on your list is combat, which is basic tab-targeting. It still takes skill and positioning, but isn't as "involved" as I'd like it to be.
  • KelarleeKelarlee Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Archage maybe.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Twin Saga

• Janeiro93Janeiro93 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited May 2017
    @InebriatedSkunk gonna try the demo, maybe i'll enjoy that.
    @Recore WOW! I think, that can be the one! Going to try it out!

-------------------------------------------------------EDIT------------------------------------------------------------------

So, i've tried the Twin Saga. Played 2 days, got lvl 70. It's from Aeria Games, so no ty... GOing to try the Free trial from FF XIV =D
    Post edited by Janeiro93 on
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Janeiro93 said:

Hi all, and ty for the help in advance. I'm an MMO enthusiastic but since 2014/15 i can't find a really nice mmo to stick with.
    I really enjoy some random stuff on mmorpg's like pet's, dungeons that really gives drops that matters, grind (like need a special thing to craft legendary things), PvE oriented where the PvE it's actually challenging, but ye, that's some random stuff, going to make a list, so you guys can help me =)

What did i played 
    - WoW; - Got bored to death after MoP, love the dungeons pets and all, but meh, not the same.
    - GW2; - The game is ok, but it does not suited me. Got last expansion, full 100$ pack, and i'm tired of the game, no mounts, i don't like the armors graphics, not sure. Although i have all classes maxed. LoL
    - Tera; - No!
    - Metin2; - Played with 4 friends, we loved it, SUPER grind oriented, but the game isn't good. It was just 4 fun, and because we were playing only in group.
    - Digimon Masters; - Fantasy Anime, the game was ok, Grind as hell tho. But got nice anime graphics, mounts, cool character buffs and nice stats customization for items that matters. But new publisher ruined the game, and it's P2W now. =)
    - Grand Fantasia; - Anime Fantasy, loved it with a friend but Publisher came in and rip.
    - Aura Kingdom; - Same as above.
    - WIldStar; - Hated it, 2 much Ratched and Clank. lol
    - Path Of Exile; - Still playing this one, but not what a want.
    - Blade and Soul; - This was pretty okey for me, i played almost until max level, but, it misses many things to be a good mmo.
    - Rift; - Tried 4fun, didn't get my attention.
    - 4Story; - Played with the same gorup of friends that played Metin2, we didn't liked it.
    - Runes of Magic; - Nice game overall, nice pet system, but P2W;

What do i look for
    - Game with a big player base (i hate being the only one in a map);
    - Good looking graphics, the thing that annoys me on GW2 is that, you can have a really cool stat armor and all, but you look ugly as f*ck;
    - A nice craft system, like you need to grind for things to drop something that you need to make a sword, like the anime Dungeon ni Deai;
    - Pet's and Mounts! It is a Must have, i love looking for pet's and mounts, explore the world to find them, WoW got me for some years cuz of that (yes GW2 have a cool Pet system 2, but they look all ugly ;c);
    - Dungeons and Raids! A mmo where Dungeons means something, and Raids drops THAT thing you really need;
    - Anime/Fantasy style, this doesn't need to be in, but if there are any good, i would be glad to know about it <3;
    - NOT POINT AND CLICK SPELLS/ATTACKS! I stuck in GW2 so long because the fighting system pleased me so much, dodging temp your attacks and cd <3, where skill does actually matters something;

And no, i do not look for MOBA'S, i'm so tired of LoL, the game isn't bad, but the systems!!!!!!!!!! R.I.P
    All the listed game, i played it for at least 1 year, i have played many more, but not for that long, so this are the ones i know what to say about.
    If anyone can help me out, i'll be very glad. Thank You all, and sorry for my english =D 

Darkfall Rise of Agon launched yesterday... follow my blog and my twitch if you would like to see what the questing is like. Really fun PVE!! and best PVP available! Unfortunately you cannot get pets, but you can make mounts and fight things while riding on the mount... but occasionally GMs take control of the mobs and animals to do what they want with.... make your RP experience better! So you can get a pet, but someone else is controlling it if you are lucky enough to charm one.

Its not anime style at all.. very dark fantasy feel.

Hope to see you in Agon! Good luck with your search, otherwise.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited May 2017
    Im thinkin Dragon Nest or Mabinogi , may be the best fit if you havent tried either of those..  

And actually FF14 is another great fit , as someone suggested
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    FF14, it literally has everything you ask for OP ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• 13thBen13thBen Member UncommonPosts: 120
    edited May 2017
    May I suggest Ragnarok Journey... since this MMORPG has an article on this site:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/editorials/ragnarok-journey-a-surprising-browser-based-ro-1000011597
    this game has a lot of new features and its autoplay
  • OrionKnightOrionKnight Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Ragnarok Journey? Atlantica? Rose Online? Phantasy Star?