Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Decent free to play western MMORPG

Dragonking60Dragonking60 Member Posts: 145

I'm looking for a western rpg with following aspects:

at least 3 classes

Free to Play

somewhat high player population

more than one race, preffered, not neccasary

not too old, a year and a half is about the limit there.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ScrimMalteseScrimMaltese Member Posts: 469

Given that there aren't many F2P Western games and that most MMORPGs take close to a decade to create, you're going to be hard pressed to find anything you're looking for. 

However, if you forget that last little bit of your post about it being a a year and a half old, DDO and LoTRO are both western F2P games that are pretty great games for what they are. They are quite a bit newer than EQ2, which is also F2P. I honestly don't understand why time would have any bearing on playing a MMO, as long as it has stomachable graphics.

Like I said, a decent MMO is going to take around 5-7yrs to create, so finding one "a year and a half old", is kinda rediculous. They don't come out that often and surely don't come out in the West as F2P. At the current rate MMOs are being made, they aren't even being released at a much higher frequency than 1 or maybe 2 every year and a half. (At least in the West anyway)

• Dragonking60Dragonking60 Member Posts: 145

Originally posted by ScrimMaltese

Given that there aren't many F2P Western games and that most MMORPGs take close to a decade to create, you're going to be hard pressed to find anything you're looking for. 

However, if you forget that last little bit of your post about it being a a year and a half old, DDO and LoTRO are both western F2P games that are pretty great games for what they are. They are quite a bit newer than EQ2, which is also F2P. I honestly don't understand why time would have any bearing on playing a MMO, as long as it has stomachable graphics.

Like I said, a decent MMO is going to take around 5-7yrs to create, so finding one "a year and a half old", is kinda rediculous. They don't come out that often and surely don't come out in the West as F2P. At the current rate MMOs are being made, they aren't even being released at a much higher frequency than 1 or maybe 2 every year and a half. (At least in the West anyway)

Thats Dungeons and Dragons Online? Maybe I'll try that, I just don't want to being playing something that feels abandoned. I know american mmmorpgs are rare, but I'm sick of all these asian clones, theres just nothing orignal about them. 

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Well, you are not going to find many "new" f2p western MMO's.  Like it's been said, there is EQX and Lotro.  I played EQX about 2-3 months ago and it is most definitely not abandoned.  Tons of people running around and groups for low level stuff etc.  Lotro I have not played since it went f2p, but I hear it can be pretty lively.  Many of the f2p games that are western are mostly older games that have adapted new subscription models, not made directly for f2p like many eastern games.  Hell, I recently downloaded Anarchy Online, a 10 year old game that has a f2p side, made a new froob character and there were still a decent amount of people running around.  More than many p2p games I have played lately.

Originally posted by Worstluck

Well, you are not going to find many "new" f2p western MMO's.  Like it's been said, there is EQX and Lotro.  I played EQX about 2-3 months ago and it is most definitely not abandoned.  Tons of people running around and groups for low level stuff etc.  Lotro I have not played since it went f2p, but I hear it can be pretty lively.  Many of the f2p games that are western are mostly older games that have adapted new subscription models, not made directly for f2p like many eastern games.  Hell, I recently downloaded Anarchy Online, a 10 year old game that has a f2p side, made a new froob character and there were still a decent amount of people running around.  More than many p2p games I have played lately.

I know, I mostly care about an innovative style of gameplay, something I don't think the asians have ever heard of. Even the newer ones are just same crap that they did years ago with a little redone graphics, really, really sad.

• Cpt_PicardCpt_Picard Member Posts: 300

Lotro is the best option for a themepark (EQX limits you compared to the base game if you want to pay).

For the most open f2p game at the moment I suggest POTBS. Unless I want to start my own Society (Guild) I have absolutely no desire atm to give any money to SOE as I can play the game almost exactly the same without paying a dime as prior to it going f2p.

Make it so...

Originally posted by Cpt_Picard

Lotro is the best option for a themepark (EQX limits you compared to the base game if you want to pay).

For the most open f2p game at the moment I suggest POTBS. Unless I want to start my own Society (Guild) I have absolutely no desire atm to give any money to SOE as I can play the game almost exactly the same without paying a dime as prior to it going f2p.

yeah im gonna say pirates of the burning sea doesn't look like my type of game at all. 

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

A year and a half?  Seriously?  Champions Online just went F2P.  It's about that old.

There's always Wizard 101.  But if LotRO and DDO won't do it for you, I'm pretty sure you're gonna have to pay for a sub to get something "better".

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

http://www.burningsea.com/page/f2p

You can check here what is the difference between the F2P content and P2P one.

IMHO they do not differ much.

Originally posted by Robsolf

A year and a half?  Seriously?  Champions Online just went F2P.  It's about that old.

There's always Wizard 101.  But if LotRO and DDO won't do it for you, I'm pretty sure you're gonna have to pay for a sub to get something "better".

Actaully, I play wizard 101 and love it, its gotten a little boring lately though, havent played much these days, I've very tempted to play champions now that its free, I remember I watched it come out before and the pay to play factor totally turned me away. I've been thinking about it more and I'm really not into the superhero theme that much, but a good game is a good game lol.

On another note,is there anything(besides wizard 101) thats turned based?

• Haggis13Haggis13 Member Posts: 117

Originally posted by Dragonking60

On another note,is there anything(besides wizard 101) thats turned based?

I think Atlantica Online is, but I never got around to trying it out, so I'm not sure.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Nevermind.

• PlutorPlutor Member Posts: 17

I think these are turn based

atlantica

wakfu

dark-wind

wonderland online

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

If you really think western don't copy each other you only need to see all their recent releases it's not only eastern.

But anyways lotro, ddo or eq2 is your best best for a western f2p with good population.

Post above points most turned based mmos (Atlantica being very popular turned based eastern mmo) tough wakfu is p2p well I think so.

Originally posted by bloodaxes

If you really think western don't copy each other you only need to see all their recent releases it's not only eastern.

But anyways lotro, ddo or eq2 is your best best for a western f2p with good population.

Post above points most turned based mmos (Atlantica being very popular turned based eastern mmo) tough wakfu is p2p well I think so.

I just tried lotro, felt like shit, sorry but it just wasnt fun. The lag even came out when I was doing the tutorial, wow and people paid for that?! Everquest 2 is nothing but a scam, its $20! Not free!

Edit 

Everquest 2 extended is free

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by Dragonking60

I'm looking for a western rpg with following aspects:

at least 3 classes

Free to Play

somewhat high player population

more than one race, preffered, not neccasary

not too old, a year and a half is about the limit there.

Thanks in advance.

Due to this, there is nothing that fits your request.

• ReKqEnMReKqEnM Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited May 2017
    Nobody ever says Wildstar. All the things you're asking for. Your limit on the age is gonna be an issue but you won't notice.

6 Classes.
    7 Races.
    Free as it gets
    A community that loves and stands by the game. Good pop at peak times. Still get things done off peak. (I'm Australian, always off peak) 
    It's like 2014 I think? But you won't notice.
    Phixion13
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

ReKqEnM said:

Nobody ever says Wildstar.

Probably has something to do with the thread being from 2011 and Wildstar not having been released until 2014...
    [Deleted User]
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited May 2017
    P
  • ReKqEnMReKqEnM Member CommonPosts: 2
    lel
  • HushBlushHushBlush Member UncommonPosts: 37
    if your into mobile mmo , you can try forsaken world mobile, upcoming lineage 2 eng. version and web based ragnarok journey its free and fun :wink:

Let's Play Ragnarok Journey
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Wildstar - best F2P model out there. Fun when you get into it.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Its amazing how someone who just joined the forum managed to find a thread from six years ago to make their first post in; the LFGame forum must be really slow...
  • HushBlushHushBlush Member UncommonPosts: 37
    YashaX said:
    Its amazing how someone who just joined the forum managed to find a thread from six years ago to make their first post in; the LFGame forum must be really slow...
    yeah hei, most player nowadays don't enter forum, they communicate through in-game chat and or fb or line group.. im just looking for the latest mmorpg that will come out this year :wink:

Let's Play Ragnarok Journey