Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veteran Ranks

pokrakpokrak Member UncommonPosts: 111
I loved ESO but there were two major problems with it.
Lack of good skill based pvp... that will be partly fixed with battlegrounds[??]
and Veteran Ranks grind.
Are Veteran Ranks still there in game?

Best Answer

• IselinIselin LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Answer ✓
    Veteran ranks have been gone for a long time. They are replaced by the Champion point passives system.

As to BG PVP, the power gaps based on gear and champion points will be there. They're not doing GW-like normalized character stats for the BGs. 
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Answers

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633

Iselin said:

Veteran ranks have been gone for a long time. They are replaced by the Champion point passives system.

As to BG PVP, the power gaps based on gear and champion points will be there. They're not doing GW-like normalized character stats for the BGs. 

Actually BGs are CP free. So its just gear.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

You're right I forgot that Wroble is down on CP these days lol.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    how is the grind for the champion ranks 

edited May 2017

Hellidol said:

how is the grind for the champion ranks 

It's a bit grindy but they do it on a diminishing returns basis. That is, the first 300 points or so come very fast and after that it gets a bit slower.

Once you go beyond the current usable cap (600 now and 630 in June) you can still accumulate more for future use but it then becomes extremely grindy... sort of pointless really since you only get benefits from CP up to the current cap.

The absolute max number is 3600 CP, BTW.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

TTK is going to be way down in BGs

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

I hope so. I prefer longer more tactical fights. Ir's also why I like Cyrodiil's no CP campaigns. Triple proccing will still be an issue though.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

I hope so. I prefer longer more tactical fights. Ir's also why I like Cyrodiil's no CP campaigns. Triple proccing will still be an issue though.

Arent they nerfing the proc sets?

PS3

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

Arent they nerfing the proc sets?

Not in the next patch. They already did a a small nerf with the Homestead patch when they made all the gear-based procs unable to crit.

I only have a triple-proc set-up with my stamsorc: viper + red mountain + velidreth. I kind of like proc sets in general but I can definitely see the reason for frustration with them when all 3 go off together and someone gets killed by that spike.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED