Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What skills or build to use?

FishForceFishForce Member UncommonPosts: 60
OK first off i am level 24 and strating to like ESO and i play on PS4...
And i am a bid used to WoW were skill picking is a lot easier...  

But there are so many skills to use and pick. How do you ever know if something is good or even decent?
I am a Templar, Breton and want to use a Destruction Staff and Restoration staff... i want to do DPS for soloing and Healing for dungeons.
I tried looking up builds but its so difrent from each other i dont know whats good or bad?
Or sould i just use puncturing sweep mainly and put all my skills in magicka?

Any builds or advise would be nice. What DPS skills to pick and what Healing skills?
The skill system is very extensive but also a bid confusing.

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    http://deltiasgaming.com/ This site has some builds and they tend to keep themselves up to date. 
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    nice thing about playing on ps4 is you dont have mods that tell people how good/bad you are. ive used builds from the site thats linked above, but now i mainly just try different skills and see what im comfortable with. you will eventually gather up enough points where you can points in almost all skills. so you will be able to try em all. unlike wow where they always seem to nerf or buff a class every patch, ESO classes all seem to be very good once you play them.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    If you want to also heal, then yes, that means going all magicka and using the weapons that scale off magicka and spell power and that means the destro and resto staves.

Deltia's is the best site for getting ideas about what skills do what but if you want to have a general understanding about why some things work better than others for different builds take a look at my fundamentals sticky in this forum: 

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/457732/the-fundamentals-of-developing-a-character-in-eso#latest

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    edited April 2017
    the only thing i will say about Deltia is you have to look at his builds for leveling up if that's what you are doing, don't look at the group or end game builds yet.

some of the builds are difficult for new players or are for different play styles that a person leveling up really shouldn't have to worry about.

my main is actually exactly what you are, same race too. for soloing single player content it really doesn't matter that much IMO as long as your main attack is puncturing sweep. 

http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-magic-templar-dps-build/#Leveling

that is the only build you want to look at right now.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Just try different skills until you find the ones you like.  But if you find yourself getting your butt kicked a lot research builds posted in forums and videos guides.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    With what you are aiming for just a tip - check light armour just for magicka stuff (for dps, even melee self heals should be in most cases more than enough). Also check Reflective Light and Puncturing Sweep skills. If you use light armour then Annulment is a good investment too.

For healer set take a look at Grand Healing and Regeneration from restoration staff skill line. Also Rushed Ceremony from templar skills.
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    edited May 2017
    Templars are getting the shit nerfed  out of them next patch. Especially the healing.

Reroll while you are still low level imo.

jdnewell said:

Templars are getting the shit nerfed  out of them next patch. Especially the healing.

Nah. They still will be the #1 healer after the next patch.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633

Iselin said:

jdnewell said:

A  lol for you

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

jdnewell said:

A  lol for you

Too bad we don't have remindme bots like in Reddit here. I'll just have to do it manually I guess and revisit this in July after the next patch has had a month to mature.

And in case it's not clear I'll say it again: Templars will still be the #1 healers.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

jdnewell said:

A  lol for you

Too bad we don't have remindme bots like in Reddit here. I'll just have to do it manually I guess and revisit this in July after the next patch has had a month to mature.

And in case it's not clear I'll say it again: Templars will still be the #1 healers.

How without major mending?

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

jdnewell said:

A  lol for you

With 100% uptime of minor + major off resto heavy attacks which I use all the time anyway for magicka regen. The Warden's major is actually less reliable than the resto staff one. No one will have 100% major mending like our Templars currently have on live.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Iselin said:

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

jdnewell said:

A  lol for you

With 100% uptime of minor + major off resto heavy attacks which I use all the time anyway for magicka regen. The Warden's major is actually less reliable than the resto staff one. No one will have 100% major mending like our Templars currently have on live.

I'm glad you took the time to explain, I can't be bothered with people who can't do a little research and would instead rather get emotional.

Iselin said:

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

Ehllfhire said:

Iselin said:

jdnewell said:

A  lol for you

I'm glad you took the time to explain, I can't be bothered with people who can't do a little research and would instead rather get emotional.

You mean like you, who gets insultive over a differing viewpoint?

PS3

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    experimenting with your own builds in ESO is what makes it SO fun!

Sz  :)