Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Morrowind - 30 hours only or is that main story?

ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
Kinda what topic says. I've read our local game store's page and it tells 30 hours of story content. Wondering if that's only main story or all the content. If it's the latter, I'll skip and wait for discount time a couple of months later ;)

Comments

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    its as much content as orsimer, so 30 hours if you are slow

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Reizla said:

Kinda what topic says. I've read our local game store's page and it tells 30 hours of story content. Wondering if that's only main story or all the content. If it's the latter, I'll skip and wait for discount time a couple of months later ;)

Main story, iirc. Doing all of the side quests, delves, dungeons, etc., will add time. Not to mention you get the Warden.

Kaneth said:

Reizla said:

Main story, iirc. Doing all of the side quests, delves, dungeons, etc., will add time. Not to mention you get the Warden.

Its 30 hours for everything if you go extra slow. The new raids have already been mastered in beta by day 3. Warden is a p2w class.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Ehllfhire said:

Kaneth said:

Reizla said:

Its 30 hours for everything if you go extra slow. The new raids have already been mastered in beta by day 3. Warden is a p2w class.

Suck less and it wouldn't seem that way
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    I'm a huge fan of ESO, but I'm really quite upset about Morrowind.  It's literally just one large zone (about the size of Wrothgar), and they are labeling this an expansion and charging a good amount of money for it.  The only thing that this "xpack" is adding that the DLC's didn't is a new class, quite literally.  Basically it's just an aggressive way to fleece us customers of more money.

Where as I was quite happy with the DLC's they had released up till now, and bought each and every one.  I'm almost to the point now where I'm ready to walk away from ESO and go play GW2 instead.  At least with GW2 the expansions are really quite expansions, with many different zones, story content and tons to do.

I can't consume an entire gw2 expansion in 30 hours.  Needless to say, as I said, I'm pretty pissed off as an ESO consumer atm.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    No comment... of shit, did I say that out loud?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

ragz45 said:

I'm a huge fan of ESO, but I'm really quite upset about Morrowind.  It's literally just one large zone (about the size of Wrothgar), and they are labeling this an expansion and charging a good amount of money for it.  The only thing that this "xpack" is adding that the DLC's didn't is a new class, quite literally.  Basically it's just an aggressive way to fleece us customers of more money.

Where as I was quite happy with the DLC's they had released up till now, and bought each and every one.  I'm almost to the point now where I'm ready to walk away from ESO and go play GW2 instead.  At least with GW2 the expansions are really quite expansions, with many different zones, story content and tons to do.

I can't consume an entire gw2 expansion in 30 hours.  Needless to say, as I said, I'm pretty pissed off as an ESO consumer atm.

Eh, as someone who only ever subbed it doesn't bother me.  I suppose I would care if I bought all the DLCs individually, but even then it's not like ESO has ever been very expensive.

Ehllfhire said:

Kaneth said:

Reizla said:

Pointless insult is pointless

PS3

ragz45 said:

Eh, as someone who only ever subbed it doesn't bother me.  I suppose I would care if I bought all the DLCs individually, but even then it's not like ESO has ever been very expensive.

ive subbed since day one, and am insulted by their greed.

PS3

Ehllfhire said:

Ehllfhire said:

Kaneth said:

Reizla said:

State facts instead of talking out of your ass with knee-jerk reactions

-someone in the beta
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    edited May 2017

ragz45 said:

And you are not insulted that you didn't have to pay for the last 3 dlc's, but you have to pay for morrowind, which doesn't give any more content than the last 3 DLC's?

ragz45 said:

ragz45 said:

And you are not insulted that you didn't have to pay for the last 3 dlc's, but you have to pay for morrowind, which doesn't give any more content than the last 3 DLC's?

Careful now. Some random poster will be around any minute now to call you a baby because you're not showing proper respect for the "It's a Chapter!" hype :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Thanks all for the replies and comments on it. Since it's REALLY only 30 hours, I'll let Zenimax online & Bethesda suck on it and cancel my deluxe boxed pre-order. Not gonna pay €100 for a nice statue and only 30 hours of play. Not to mention, lately I haven't really been playing ESO at all, so prolly a sign there already on how I'd (not) play Morrowind at release as well..

Reizla said:

Thanks all for the replies and comments on it. Since it's REALLY only 30 hours, I'll let Zenimax online & Bethesda suck on it and cancel my deluxe boxed pre-order. Not gonna pay €100 for a nice statue and only 30 hours of play. Not to mention, lately I haven't really been playing ESO at all, so prolly a sign there already on how I'd (not) play Morrowind at release as well..

Well cancelling is your choice but I never planned on getting anything other than the cheapest upgrade and that mostly only because I play all the classes and will want to level a couple of Wardens.

I've been saying since day one that Vvardenfell will just be one zone with one zone's worth of content. Anyone approaching it from that perspective will enjoy what it has to offer.

It's all the extraneous hoopla and overblown hype over it (which was created mostly for the purpose of justifying a pricing model change) that is doing nothing but setting people up for disappointment.

Like I said, I'll be getting it. But then, ESO is the only MMO I play.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    edited May 2017

Reizla said:

It sounds to me that you are going all "intense" either way. You pre-ordered a deluxe blah blah blah. That's a pretty bold purchase. But now that you find out it's 30 hours then it's all canceling. Why not just buy the basic expansion?

It's like the people who play Skyrim, still play Skyrim, yet they haven't purchased the dlc. It's more of the game they are playing, new content, expanded adventures yet they don't want it.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Sovrath said:

Reizla said:

It sounds to me that you are going all "intense" either way. You pre-ordered a deluxe blah blah blah. That's a pretty bold purchase. But now that you find out it's 30 hours then it's all canceling. Why not just buy the basic expansion?

It's like the people who play Skyrim, still play Skyrim, yet they haven't purchased the dlc. It's more of the game they are playing, new content, expanded adventures yet they don't want it.

True but I don't really blame him. The extra intensity has been deliberately manufactured (aided and abetted by the gaming media.) Some are more susceptible to hype than others.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Unconfirmed rumour next expansion for GW2 will be a Nightfall type expansion.

I enjoy ESO also but feel the price tag is a bit steep for what you get. 

flizzer said:

Unconfirmed rumour next expansion for GW2 will be a Nightfall type expansion.

I enjoy ESO also but feel the price tag is a bit steep for what you get. 

3 months playing without subbing and it's all paid for, Or if you're like me and want to pay them less this year out of spite, 6 months with no sub and you come out ahead :)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

Iselin said:

Sovrath said:

Reizla said:

True but I don't really blame him. The extra intensity has been deliberately manufactured (aided and abetted by the gaming media.) Some are more susceptible to hype than others.

yeah that must be it.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

ragz45 said:

ragz45 said:

No I don't feel insulted.  But I'd suggest if you were insulted, don't buy the chapter.  Really pretty simple.

Ehllfhire said:

Ehllfhire said:

Kaneth said:

Reizla said:

State facts instead of talking out of your ass with knee-jerk reactions

-someone in the beta

Way to violate nda. BTW so am I, and the expansion is a ripoff.

PS3

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Ehllfhire said:

Way to violate nda. BTW so am I, and the expansion is a ripoff.

zenimax trying to get as much money as possible with the least amount of creative work? no way!...ha!
    MadFrenchie

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710

Ehllfhire said:

Kaneth said:

Reizla said:

I really wish devs wouldn't put raids on beta tests/PTR.  Test them in house.  Why?  Because people do exactly that, they hop on the PTR, test the raids, get the strats and when they launch, theyre beaten on day 1.  Fuck that shit.  Make people learn that shit on day 1 of its release.  That way people don't have an advantage over others on release.
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    I pre-ordered. I want it for the new content because I ENJOY playing ESO. I don't give a rats ass about desk top models, or art books.

If you enjoy playing ESO, then order it. If you don't enjoy it, then don't. I don't know what else to tell you.
    Price wise, I spent as much going to the theatre this last weekend to see an hour and a half movie as it cost to get at least 30 hours of enjoyment out of the game....
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    How much are they charging for the base game? Most MMO stories are pretty bland at best. ff14 and ESO seem to be the only ones that have decent stories. 30 hours for a mmo are pretty good. I haven't played eso for a while now but I think I stopped around 30ish? Been thinking about coming back.