Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

May 2, 2017 Stream: Pantheon

2»

Comments

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Gyva02 said:

Ozmodan said:

Played games where you can delevel if you die.  That can really break up your party when that occurs, but then again respawning at bind could do that too .  Personally loved the way AC handled death.  Some of those old games had much better mechanisms to handle such.

I know you just hired some animators, they have their work cut out for them, as the animations are just primitive at best right now.  Not a real deal breaker for me, but I see people very concerned with them a lot.

I really really hope their animators can bring back those eq1 spell visuals. You know the ones where there were 1000's of particles oozing and flying from your hands. Really loved how they would leave tracers as you ran and they were still casting. Lets see if we can find a video of that. 

Get's good around 2:40 as its set against a darker background. You can also see the tracers I was talking about too when he runs around casting at the very end. 

Especially the healing and buffs, imo. Healing really looks like it washed over you and buffs really looked to protect and encase you with magic. Right now the heal looked more like an water nuke.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    edited May 2017

Dullahan said:

Especially the healing and buffs, imo. Healing really looks like it washed over you and buffs really looked to protect and encase you with magic. Right now the heal looked more like an water nuke.

Lol I was wondering what spell that was drenching people in water. Maybe that is just a Shaman specific way of healing -- through the healing properties of water? :lol: 

--------------------------------------------
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

Dullahan said:

Gyva02 said:

Ozmodan said:

Played games where you can delevel if you die.  That can really break up your party when that occurs, but then again respawning at bind could do that too .  Personally loved the way AC handled death.  Some of those old games had much better mechanisms to handle such.

I know you just hired some animators, they have their work cut out for them, as the animations are just primitive at best right now.  Not a real deal breaker for me, but I see people very concerned with them a lot.

I really really hope their animators can bring back those eq1 spell visuals. You know the ones where there were 1000's of particles oozing and flying from your hands. Really loved how they would leave tracers as you ran and they were still casting. Lets see if we can find a video of that. 

Get's good around 2:40 as its set against a darker background. You can also see the tracers I was talking about too when he runs around casting at the very end. 

I liked how the effect stayed the same with each upgrade but just layered more particle effects. You could always tell the level just by what you were looking at.  
    Catibrie
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    Also loved this one at 3:38. Here hes showing you Cancel Magic but its the same visual as Bind Affinity and Halo of Light. Too bad I can't find a video showing the Druid and Cleric spells, they were really colorful and pretty to watch being cast. 

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I really hope they don't spend too much effort on spell effects or 'swoosh' lines behind swords.  That's the first type of thing I have historically turned off when performance mattered.  Put that artistic effort into character models and movement animations instead.

Besides, aren't overblown spell effects and 'swooshes' the most hated things about Asian MMORPGS?

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:

I really hope they don't spend too much effort on spell effects or 'swoosh' lines behind swords.  That's the first type of thing I have historically turned off when performance mattered.  Put that artistic effort into character models and movement animations instead.

Besides, aren't overblown spell effects and 'swooshes' the most hated things about Asian MMORPGS?

I think swooshes and spell particle effects are two different categories -- Spell effects being cool, swooshes being not.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Gyva02 said:

Also loved this one at 3:38. Here hes showing you Cancel Magic but its the same visual as Bind Affinity and Halo of Light. Too bad I can't find a video showing the Druid and Cleric spells, they were really colorful and pretty to watch being cast. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=EVZOIXZEgQo

Catibrie

Gyva02 said:

Wow. Watching that Cancel Magic particle effect brought back a flood of bad memories of being debuffed during boss fights... Thanks a lot! :dizzy:
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515

Rallyd said:

Rallyd said:

What's with these Nexus's that I keep seeing in every stream.. they appear to be like WoW graveyards that are in every zone in convenient places.  I hope these are temporary, because i wouldn't like to see a system in place that allows you to spawn at the entrance of a dungeon, or in convenient places around the world.

If you die you should go back to a major city or outpost, not nexus stones or "graveyards".

They said it was only for the stream and that you would go back where you are soul bound in the real game.

So they designed the stone graphic, the name "Nexus" itself, and places them in places in the world, all on a whim just for the "stream"?   Somehow I just don't believe that.  Not to mention the functionality for it all?

As I have explained before, they are developer portal stone to allow us to teleport around the world to different zones quickly, then once inside that zone, we use /coord commands to teleport to specifically saved locations, they will not be in the live game, they are for the development build only.
    Catibrie
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

Kilsin said:

Rallyd said:

Rallyd said:

What's with these Nexus's that I keep seeing in every stream.. they appear to be like WoW graveyards that are in every zone in convenient places.  I hope these are temporary, because i wouldn't like to see a system in place that allows you to spawn at the entrance of a dungeon, or in convenient places around the world.

If you die you should go back to a major city or outpost, not nexus stones or "graveyards".

They said it was only for the stream and that you would go back where you are soul bound in the real game.

So they designed the stone graphic, the name "Nexus" itself, and places them in places in the world, all on a whim just for the "stream"?   Somehow I just don't believe that.  Not to mention the functionality for it all?

As I have explained before, they are developer portal stone to allow us to teleport around the world to different zones quickly, then once inside that zone, we use /coord commands to teleport to specifically saved locations, they will not be in the live game, they are for the development build only.

Data mining has revealed that the stones will actually remain, but a stone "boot" will be put on them so that you are going nowhere.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests